Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182832333435363738

Thread: Grand Tournament Revival

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

I think I've done enough betting for this tournament. I'll just sit back and watch the fight.
    Last edited by Elite Lord Sigma; 03-06-2007 at 04:30 AM.

I miss kinje longaway :[ Eiko Guy's Avatar

i feel like laharl will win now but i wont bet

Fat kids are harder to Kidnap.

wow... I for got a bout this

ummm... 10,000 on Laharl
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Fei and Laharl stood at opposite ends of the huge stadium. Laharl was watching Fei with a cocky grin, while Fei stood at the feet of his gear, his eyes closed. Weltal stood stock still as Fei began to glow, and his eyes snapped open. The plates on Weltal began to shift rapidly as it grew into a taller white gear adorned with several blades.

"Xenogear," Fei said quietly, slowly running his hand upon its leg.

"Interesting!" Laharl said, an eager look in his eye.

"The next fight is between Overlord Laharl and Fei Fong Wong," L said, casually sucking on an ice cream bar while watching with a bug-eyed expression. "Begin."

Laharl's scarf unfurled into wing-like appendages as he took to the air, his sword gripped firmly in both hands.

Fei leapt into the air, the cockpit opening and catching him before closing up. The gear's eyes flared as it, too, shot forward to intercept Laharl's charge.

The gear flared with energy as its massive arm punched out at Laharl.

Laharl nimbly dodged in the air, flying around the gear and peppering it with flaming energy balls as he flew.

Several of the balls hit the gear, causing no significant damage. The gear moved quickly in an attempt to attack Laharl, but even with the energy surrounding it Laharl was simply too fast and too small a target.

Raising his arm, Laharl unleashed a ring into the air, which caused a huge portal to open up and a meteor to emerge from it. The Xenogear turned upward and its verniers burst to life as it shot forward like an arrow, breaking through the meteor and emerging on the other end.

The meteor exploded under it as it hovered in midair. The cockpit opened and Fei dropped out, energy dancing around him and his eyes ablaze. An aura of power surrounded him, one far greater than when he had transformed into Id in prior fights.

Laharl gave a small yelp of surprise as Fei's fist collided with his chest, sending him hurtling towards the ground. Fei flipped back and landed lightly on his feet, his eyes incredibly focused.

"Damn!" Laharl said as he stood, a large bruise on his chest. "Where did that come from!?"

Fei didn't answer as he shot forward. This time, Laharl brought his sword forward to block the attack, gritting his teeth as the fist hit the sword and drove him back several inches.

Laharl immediately countered with a burst of dark energy from his right arm, which slammed into Fei and flung him backwards.

Fei backflipped into a ready position as Laharl charged forward, flaming balls of energy circling around him and expanding outward. He unleashed a charging slash that Fei leapt over. As Fei dropped down to attack, Laharl brought his sword above his head to block the kick.

As Fei's leg hit the flat of the blade, Laharl pushed up with the sword as Fei flung a ball of concentrated ki energy downward.

The ball struck Laharl as Fei was thrown into the air. Grunting in pain, Laharl waved his left arm as the energy balls around him zeroed in on Fei, slamming into him and exploding.

Quickly standing, Laharl leapt into the air as Fei spun around, dropping to the ground and throwing another ki ball.

Laharl's sword sliced through the air, cleaving the ball in half and causing it to dissipate harmlessly as he threw his own ball of dark energy at Fei.

Fei enveloped his right arm in white flame and punched the ball, hitting it dead-on and causing it to explode harmlessly in front of him.

As the energy dissipated Laharl suddenly appeared, arcing his blade outward at Fei. Fei narrowly dodged, a line of blood appearing across his chest where Laharl slashed him as he jumped away.

Fei landed on the ground, another ball of ki energy gathering in both hands. As he released it, Laharl leapt into the air over him, spinning vertically in the air with his sword extended. Raising it high, he brought it down as a burst of green energy emerged from his blade, slamming into the ground with blinding speed and hitting Fei squarely on the chest.

Fei gasped in pain as Laharl seemed to vanish. As the energy dissipated, Laharl appeared behind him, slashing at his back and launching him into the air.

A huge gash appeared on Fei's back as he flew upward, energy gathering around him once more. Laharl appeared above him and unleashed a vicious downward slash, the blade punching through the energy, albeit with lessened force, and biting deeply into Fei's already wounded chest, sending him hurtling to the ground.

Fei hit hard but flipped once and recovered, blood pouring out of multiple wounds in his chest and back. Laharl landed on the ground as several flaming balls of energy whirled around him once more.

Breathing heavily, Fei closed his eyes and energy began arcing around him. Raising his arms, Laharl brought them down, causing the energy balls to converge on Fei. For a tense moment, the energy around Fei deflected the balls, but one finally got through, slamming into him and exploding.

The explosion launched Fei into a wall, Laharl right behind him. As Fei hit the stadium wall, Laharl thrust his sword forward, impaling him and pinning him to the wall.

Fei coughed blood and gasped, before slumping over on the blade. Laharl removed it and drew back, allowing Fei to slump to the ground, unconscious.

"Overlord Laharl is the winner of the Grand Tournament Revival," L said. "Next up will be the original tournament, which will have rule postings within the next few days. After that..."

L trailed off and grabbed his chest, as if he were having a heart attack. Gasping once, he keeled over and landed face first on the ground. A medical aid team rushed up to his platform and soon came back down, carrying a stretcher. After he was carried off, another young man, handsome and well-groomed wearing a sharp suit ascended the platform.

"My apologies," he said in a polite tone that seemed to have a powerful underlying malice about it.

"It seems that L has suffered a heart attack. From all the stress, no doubt. My name is Yagami Light, in the absence of L, I will be taking over commentating on the Villains tournament, which will return after the original character tournament. Please attend," he said with a smirk far more sinister than that of any evil overlord.

The rules for the Original Grand Tournament will be posted within the next two days. I will link it when the thread closes. Until then, here is the money, which may be carried over to the next tournament. Feel free to discuss the tournament until the next one begins.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 290,000
    Elite Lord Sigma: 4,000,000
    Zeromus_X: 10,000
    Strider: 8,500
    RisetoFall: 215,000
    Ninja_Ryu: 3,000
    Rase: 750,000
    Magus of Zeal: 18,500
    Traffic: 0
    Starlight Angel: 12,000,000
    Triumphant Hero: 1,000,000
    Spammerman: 0
    JKTrix: 0
    omegaweapon2005: 18,000
    Firo Volondé: 62,008
    Slicksword45: 200,000
    outlaw starwind: 25,000
    Rinion: 0
    Enjolras282: 10,000
    Mercen-X: 0
    Taggerung: 2,000
    Hazzard: 25,000
    TyphoonThaReapa: 12,000

You forgot to add my winnings, I should be at 290,000.

Good work on the tournament, I am looking forward to the next one.

That ending was breathtaking, i thought Fei was sure to batter him!
    But Laharl was a true warrior, great tournament BTV!!! (looking forward to the O.G.T got some characters in mind from previous threads...)
    EOFF needs a resurgence to it's former glory.

...I hate you so much.

L...

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight