Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1,000 on Magus.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cameras spun around a large platform suspended over a pool of lava. The platform appeared to be a large, earthen structure with no visible method of suspension, and the lava bubbled ominously behind it. Every so often, the shadow of a large beast would slither through the lava, eliciting gasps from the audience displayed on floating television screens.

Above the battlefield on his floating platform, L leaned heavily on the railing, the microphone near his mouth.

A muscular man with blue-tinged skin and pale white hair stood on one side of the battlefield. He had pointed ears and a flowing red cloak, as well as purple trousers, leather boots, and a leather vest. In one hand, he held a long-bladed scythe with a polished black haft that was shod with steel at the bottom.

On the other side of the battlefield stood a young man with brown hair tied in a long ponytail, with an additional tail falling to the right side of his face. He wore a simple white tunic with blue trim, and green trousers for ease of movement. His shoes were simple green boots, and his wrists were bound with red cloth, but he bore no weapon.

"Hello again," L said disinterestedly. "The next battle will be between Magus Zeal and Fei Fong Wong. Begin."

Assuming a ready stance with his fists extended, Fei shot forward like a bullet, unleashing a swift right punch to Magus' face.

In a twirl of red fabric, Magus jumped back, adeptly dodging the attack.

Without missing a beat, Fei pressed forward, bringing his right arm back to a guard position and punching at Magus' chest with his left arm.

Magus twisted to his right, twirling around Fei's arm. Extending his own right arm, Magus swept his scythe at Fei's waist level.

The muscles in his leg bunching, Fei leapt into the air, easily clearing Magus' scythe and hurling himself several feet into the air.

Twisting in midair, Fei snapped his arm down and released a ball of red energy at Magus.

Eyebrows furrowing in concentration, Magus extended his left hand, black energy gathering around it. The ball slammed into the mass of energy and pushed against it for a moment, before Magus contemptously tossed it aside.

Fei landed on the ground a few feet away from Magus and pushed off again, flipping up a small incline on the battlefield.

Raising his arm, Magus gathered yellow energy around him.

Fei crouched low and began gathering red energy again, this time forming the ball with both hands. Thrusting his hands forward, he released the ball, which sped towards Magus just as he raised his hand and released a stream of lightning.

The lightning crackled and sparked around the landscape, tearing Fei's attack apart and dispersing it with no difficulty and carrying through to strike Fei.

Fei screamed in pain as the lightning struck him, before falling backwards.

As he recovered, Magus began chanting in an unintelligable language. Gray spheres gathered around him, and as he pointed at Fei black magic formed around him, creating a hole of blackness that swallowed him utterly.

As the magic dispersed, a giant lizard emerged from the lava. It had one eye and spines running along its yellow belly. With a mighty swipe of its claws, it slashed the battlefield, which began to rotate just as Fei appeared, apparently unconcious and laying on the ground.

As the battlefield turned, Fei's body began to slide down, soon to fall into the lava pit. Magus watched impassively, his gaze on L who was watching intently.

Fei's body was suddenly enveloped in a burst of blue energy. A figure leapt from the ground with blinding speed punched Magus in the chest, sending him flying backwards and skidding along the ground, stopping just as the battlefield ceased its rotation.

Standing where Fei once was was a figure with burning red eyes and long, flowing red hair. His face was filled with cold malice, and he looked upon Magus as one might look upon an ant before crushing it.

Magus quickly rose, using his magic to hover into the air, where he stood just a few inches above the ground.

"Who the hell are you?" he spat, blood trickling down his mouth.

"I am Id," the man replied. "And you are going to die."

His eyes shining with cruel anticipation, Id shot forward once more, moving faster than Magus' eyes could follow. The sound of bones cracking filled the arena as Id delivered a swift combination of punches to Magus' chest, following through with a powerful kick that sent him flying off the edge.

Righting himself in midair and spitting blood, Magus angrily began incanting a spell in a powerful voice. Raising his hand, he cried out in a booming voice.

"DARK MATTER!"

Id's expression was impassive as a mass of black energy swept over the battlefield and tore through it. The assault continued for several seconds, something akin to the stary night sky appearing within the center of the spell.

Coughing blood, Magus clutched his chest. His breathing was heavy and rasping, but in his right hand he gathered several gray spheres around him.

Standing in the center of what was now a half-destroyed platform, Id stood surrounded in arcing energy. Without missing a beat, Magus released the spell, a globe of gray magic converging around Id.

The magic encased him and expanded, before exploding and leaving a focused crater amongst the general devestation of the battlefield.

From that crater, a figure leapt. Magus turned his head upward and unleashed a torrent of flame around him, but to no avail.

His hair and flesh singed from the flames, Id burst through them and delivered a powerful punch to Magus, sending his body spiraling down towards the lava.

At the last moment, several small, floating probes created a net of energy that caught Magus just before he was lost to the lava. The energy encasulated him and the probes began to carry him off to the infirmary for healing.

Id stood laughing on the battlefield for several moments before suddenly clutching his head and screaming in pain. He collapsed on the ground and his hair changed to brown. Several more probes emerged and began to carry off the unconcious body of Fei Fong Wong, taking him to the infirmary as well.

"Well well well," L said with mild interest. "Fei Fong Wong is the winner."

The next battle is between Shadow and Squall Leonhart. It will take place in Teldrassil, Kalimdor. The fight will likely be posted on Saturday or Sunday. Betting will remain open until then.

Current Accounts:

Zante: 10,000
    Elite Lord Sigma: 8,000
    Zeromus_X: 10,000
    Strider: 9,500
    RisetoFall: 11,500
    Ninja_Ryu: 5,250
    Rase: 13,000
    Magus of Zeal: 8,000
    Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer: 10,300
    Traffic: 10,000
    Starlight Angel: 13,000
    Triumphant Hero: 5,000

I knew my boy Fei would come through.

Still deciding on next battle.

Nice battle, I totaly didn't expect the ending, guess I should have paid more attention to Fei's bio.

The next one's not easy to decide... While Squall would seem like the stronger of the two, Shadow has all those ninja tricks going for him...I guess I go with Shadow, just cause he is cool.

Betting 1,000 on Shadow

Returns Victorious The Triumphant Hero's Avatar

3,000 on Squall
    O R'lyeh?

Articles

Gimme 1,000 on Shadow!

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Hmm...this is a tough one...I'll have to go with 1,000 on Squall.

thousand on shadow
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

I will bet 300 on Shadow.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

7000 on Squall please.

Str8 Pimpin'

If I can bet, 1000 on Squall.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.