2 8.00%
  • Other

6 24.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite Main Character

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Default Least Favorite Main Character

Pretty self-explanitory. What character do you most despise?

I really don't like Borghen. He's basically another Kefka except he doesn't have any power.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Borgen is a fat pirate. There's a world of difference between him and an effeminate clown.

They both have similar personalities and both their laughs make actual sound which get quite annoying.

Blog Entries

The whole reason Gordon is in the game is so that everybody else looks better. He's the suckiest as a character, as a party member, and I don't even like spears, which are his weapons of choice. Everything about him is TEH SUCK!

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    I really don't like Borghen. He's basically another Kefka except he doesn't have any power.
    Okay, that already makes Borghen my least favorite character in the game. Add his laughing sound, and there's not even a doubt about it.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Cid sucks. For the first half of the game, rather than letting you borrow the airship for the purposes of stopping the Empire (which was in the best interest of anybody and everybody of non-evil persuasion), he charges you for travel to like four or five limited locations. Thanks buddy, I'll walk.

I'm not too fond of Gordon

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I kinda liked gordon; he was pretty cute!

I didn't like richard one bit xD

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Scott.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Blog Entries

Scott isn't a main character.

He's a dead character. definitely my least favorite dead character, though. Because he thinks Gordon has potential.

Scott isn't a main character.
    He is in Dawn of Souls.

Oh, and can you explain why you chose who you did? My least favorite is Leon. He turns traitor until his own ass is on the line, then comes running back with his tail between his legs. You'll notice he never actually repents.
    Last edited by DarkLadyNyara; 10-26-2006 at 03:32 AM.

Blog Entries

I told you why I don't like Gordon.
    Because he's so crappy that his sole purpose seems to make other people look good. That kind of self sacrifice is, in some small way, honorable. But it doesn't make him a great character by any means.

I'll expound further on the origins of my hatred:

He uses spears, first of all, and I don't like spears. Seriously. I've never liked them In FF2, 3, 4, or whatever. And I don't like them in real life. I don't like the idea of how they function. I don't like spears.

Second, I don't like his sprite. He looks ugly. Uglyness is not attractive to me or anybody. That's the definition of the word.

Third. Gordon fled a battle scene and left Scott to die. He is branded a coward by all. But in the end he is given authority by the kind. The king's responsibility is to rule. But rulership in times of war requires no cowardice. First in line to battle, last in line to retreat. This is definitely what Gordon is NOT. That stain of failure, which caused Scott's death is both unforgivable and detestable.
    And yet he may marry the princess or become king sooner or later or both. It's corrupt politics.

And so, he is my least favorite character.

I'll post more reasons why he's lousy if you want 'em. I just thought of another one, but I don't want to write it all out right now. And I'm sure I'll think of more.

EDIT: I also don't like Leon very much because of his failure. I also noticed how he never really repented, which is kind of unfortunate, BUT - I reckon he was under a spell. Surely, he couldn't have been the brother of Maria, and have grown up with Frionel and Guy and still be so fast to build a warship and let his minions try to kill them as well as destroy all the world he came from and grew up in.
    Remember that the ultimate enemy in FF is Chaos. It's a personification of the concept of nihilation that possesses a weak minded character like Garland or the Emperor or Golbez or whoever. Leon can't be fully blamed for his actions, and when the world is on the brink of destruction, there's no time for "Sorry's." There's only time for, "Alright. Let's get moving." And that's what he did. And I commend him for being able to recover, get his mind in the right place, and help his friends slay the emperor like he did.
    Learn to forgive. Especially when you're dealing with a badass, like Leon is.
    Last edited by Martyr; 10-26-2006 at 03:57 AM.

I wan't refering to you. You actually provided pretty good reasons.

And I have never bought the mind control theory. Just because of how Leon acts when you face him. Then there's this line- "You're alive? What are you? Not that it matters. The empire is mine, and I have no intention of handing it over!"

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I groaned when Gordon rejoined the party. Just when you think he's finally gone, and he returns. He isn't even awesome like Gilbert, so he really is completely useless.

But at least he has spears.

I didn't have any issues with the other main characters.