Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Summons

Default Hidden Summons

Just wondered if anyone has ever found all the hidden summons. I know where to get them all but they are a pain to get. I've gotten Goblin which is the easiest. I got Mind Flayer which took quite a few Sirens!! I just can't seem to get Cockatrice (fought over 999 of them!) or Bomb. I am determined to get all of them in the GBA version.
    :mog:

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa4ever View Post
    Just wondered if anyone has ever found all the hidden summons. I know where to get them all but they are a pain to get. I've gotten Goblin which is the easiest. I got Mind Flayer which took quite a few Sirens!! I just can't seem to get Cockatrice (fought over 999 of them!) or Bomb. I am determined to get all of them in the GBA version.
    I got the Imp summon in the Baron Desert while I had the twins and Yang in my team in FF2 SNES.

I got the Cockatrice summon at Mt. Hobbes during my first time going thereon FFIV Advance.

I've never gotten the Bomb or Mind Flayer summon.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I could think of a thousand things I'd rather do than run around getting into random encounters for days on end in a futile attempt to snag some items that are actually pretty useless. If I want them, I just hack them into my inventory. That gets me all the satisfaction with none of the time wasted.

Last night I got the Mind Flayer Summon while doing Rydia's Trial, It didn't seem to have any effect when I used it. I tried for the Goblin one too, fighting the Summoners in the Land of Summons who alway's summon Goblins. I killed around 60 but got no GS. I do have 5 Adamant Armors though. :D

Doesnt Mind Flayer do damage?

My memory is probably flawed, as this was ages ago when I hacked them into my inventory. But I think it did 1200-2000+ damage and it probably stuns them too.

In FFIV Advance, on my new file, I obtained Goblin at the very start of the game, while wandering levelling Kain and Cecil. (I know that any levelling at the start of the game is near pointless, but I like doing these things)

Quote Originally Posted by Reine View Post

In FFIV Advance, on my new file, I obtained Goblin at the very start of the game, while wandering levelling Kain and Cecil. (I know that any levelling at the start of the game is near pointless, but I like doing these things)
    Levelling Up Cecil at the start of the game is very usefull, as when he changes to a Paladin his lv goes back to 1 but he keeps his Stats and HP. I always lv him up outside Mysidia fighting Zu's with his Deathbringer equiped.

Anytime I needed to do some leveling I fought monsters with the rare drops (often running from the non-rare-drop enemies in those areas), and while it generally only took me a few dozen tries versus an enemy to get a rare weapon/armor drop, the summon drops are ridiculously rare...at least in the PS Chronicles version.

I only managed to get the Imp/Goblin summon. I've fought several hundred each of Mindflayers, Cockatrice/RockBaby (very likely over a thousand of these, not sure), Grenade/Balloon without getting the summon drops. Rare is fine, but almost impossible to get unless you waste a month of your life is really stoooopid.

There were times that I wanted to get them, but like Kishi said, they're useless in battle. So I rather be doing something else in the game

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I got the Cockatrice summon at Mt. hobs and it works wonders for Rydia. It's just a cheaper version of Break which is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    I got the Cockatrice summon at Mt. hobs and it works wonders for Rydia. It's just a cheaper version of Break which is very useful.
    Yeah. Vey true. I use it on enemies with high HP and it makes random encounters so much more easier. Also I think the Cockatrice Summon has a better success rate than the Break Spell.

although they are useless, a weird part of me wants them very badly for completions sake. i feel like my FF4 game still isn't complete as long as rydia doesn't have these summons!!!

but really, getting them is a joke and i'm quite angry at square about it. i've fought well over 999 goblins and never got the item drop, so i haven't even bothered with the others.

... bastards.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Imp does no more than 1HP it's useless as for the others I've never gotten them.

Yellow Winged Angel

I just started playing final fantasy last week so I'm not yet familliar what you are talking about but I love what I read on the thread I hope I could also be able find them all too..my bf is also a final fantasy fan!!

Trisha Parks
    Hairloss Help

What is the reason to live if we have an afterlife?

Quote Originally Posted by trisha.maria View Post
    I just started playing final fantasy last week so I'm not yet familliar what you are talking about but I love what I read on the thread I hope I could also be able find them all too..my bf is also a final fantasy fan!!

Trisha Parks
    Hairloss Help

What is the reason to live if we have an afterlife?
    You'll probably have a 1/10 chance (based on my experiences) of getting any of the summoning items on your first playthrough.

What the summoning items do is they teach Rydia to summon a creature she normally wouldn't be able to summon. They're usually cheap MP wise.

i got em all just this mornin imp was the last one i got

i got cockatrice as i was playin through and had no clue what it was for a while