Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FireFly/Serenity

Blog Entries

Default FireFly/Serenity

Did anyone see this series or watch the movie? I've started watching the series at my freinds and damn it's good!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're late to the party bertness!

But yes, Firefly/Serenity is awesome and FOX was so stupid for cancelling the show. There was so much story left to tell. The whole deal with Book for example. Uhhg. It didn't even get ONE full season?

Anyway, I really hope they make a sequel to Serenity but I can't imagine it'd be the same without (SPOILER)Book and Wash.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Firefly/Serenity = BEST

Blog Entries

The box set has the actuall complete first seaosn so it's cool, liek 3 extra episodes. Yeah I can't believe FOX dropped this show. lolz at fox.

I'm a huge fan of Joss Whedon's other shows, and I've been dying to get my hands on the box set....one of these days I'll quit putting it off and actually get around to it. Definitely one of my fave directors.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

I've been told I need to see this series.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's the best series ever. I was very disappointed when it got cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    The box set has the actuall complete first seaosn so it's cool, liek 3 extra episodes. Yeah I can't believe FOX dropped this show. lolz at fox.
    I bought the box set thinking that I would get to see three new episodes, but all three of these were actually aired on the channel I watched so I got no new episodes to see.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraid View Post
    I've been told I need to see this series.
    Uh, yeah, like now. Go!

Great series and great movie. I had never watched it while it aired on Fox but I bought the box set on a whim after hearing so many good things about it. I'm glad I did. Saw the movie at about midnight a week or two after it was released. Good times.

I don't really blame Fox for cancelling it though. As I recall, it did not get a lot of ratings. Which is to be expected of a "cowboy space opera". They functioned as a business and made the call they thought was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TrowaBartonIV ^_^ View Post
    It does? I was under the impression that mine didn't. What's the last episode about? The one with the (SPOILER)Bounty Hunter that sneaks onto the ship and gets driven insane by River?

If so then yeah, mine's got every episode.

Buffy and Angel are probably my absolute favourite TV Shows and so I'm a huge fan of Joss Whedon. I haven't seen other than like three or four episodes of Firefly because it has aired in very stupid time slots here in Denmark - but, I went to see Serenity and it's a great film. It exudes Joss Whedon, which it terrific! I cannot wait to see what he does with his Wonder Woman project and the other movie he's working on titled Goners. I should really buy the Firefly series, but I'm slowly buying the Buffy and Angel series at the moment, so I guess it'll have to wait for a while.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My friend loves it and he made me go watch the movie, which I thought was okay but probably needed to watch theseries or something. I dunno, I got a bit bored sometimes. yeah he is crazy about it though.
    rawr

The movie is the wrapup for the show in a lot of ways.

Go watch the show.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

If it's anything like the movie, then I presume it to be utter crap.

But I am hoping that it isn't. If it isn't, someone tell me and I shall view it.

It seems to get a lot of hype...

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    If it's anything like the movie, then I presume it to be utter crap.

But I am hoping that it isn't. If it isn't, someone tell me and I shall view it.

It seems to get a lot of hype...
    The show is not as dark and the characters are more human. The ship feels more like a home in the series than it does on the show. The characters, because of their humanity, are far more likable. The show doesn't really... go anywhere, as there wasn't enough time for it to do so. It is also pretty intentionally funny. I highly suggest it, even if you didn't like the movie.

The movie was created in a way that you didn't have to watch the show, but you would probably like and appreciate it a hell of a lot more if you had watched the show beforehand.