Thread: Do you use a customized Viewer BGM/Ambient?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Default Do you use a customized Viewer BGM/Ambient?

Topic^^

edit: I use Reminiscence with the Shimomeguro Festival Ambience.

It compliments my logging in perfectly :P
    Last edited by Markus. D; 10-27-2006 at 08:35 AM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I have no sounds or music enabled for my POL viewer. I hate the entire program with a passion, and want it to bother me as little as possible.
    I want an MMORPG, i don't want a messenger, e-mail client or whatever else comes with POL.
    I want to start the game, enter username/password, and then select character. Nothing else.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

awww I donno... its kinda fun messaging them out of game if you have no time to log in and you dont have there MSN etc...

I like WoW's system of logging in and going straight to the character select screen.

I think it takes way too long to go through POL, though the news sections and stuff is pretty cool, but it just takes too long to load. May as well just look it up on a web browser.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yeah, and don't even get me started on disconnections. Shutting down the game only to restart it again... Retarded.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I've completely disabled sound in POL because it's annoying as crap. Some of the music is cool, but I don't want to be forced to hear it every time I log in. I'd rather make my own selection of music.

I'm annoyed because you can't turn off the title screen music (as far as I know), but you can turn everything else off.

Also annoyed how if you turn down the music and sound effects, you still hear <call>'s.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

If you want to turn off the title screen music here is the way.

Go to:
    \Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\sound4\win\music\data

The Aht Urghan intro music is music179.bgw. Just change the name to something like XXXmusic179.bgw so the game can't access it and you'll get silence on the title screen. I'd highly recommend not deleteing it.

If you want completely disable sound the easiest way is to edit the registry. Go to Run and type regedit.

Go to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXI

There are a lot of registry values you can change here to make the game look fantastic. If you want to disable sound, click 0007 and change it to 0 instead of 1.

I don't have all of the details here as to what does what but I know several of the edits you can do in the registry to make the game look fantastic.

0000 will adjust blur. Turning it up can make a pseudo-Anti-aliasing effect. It stops being noticable past 6. I leave mine at 4 most of the time.

0003 and 0004 affect the background resolution. Setting them each to 800 will make the game look way better than FFXIConfig allows you to make it look.

0011, 0017, 0018, and 0019 are things you can change in FFXIConfig. I can't remember which is which. They are Texture Compression, Environmental Animation, MIP mapping and Bump Mapping.

For the highest settings either set them in FFXIConfig or set them this way:

0011 - 2
    0017 - 1
    0018 - 2
    0019 - 1

Thanks Yearg. ^^