Thread: The 1 gil challenge

Gonna Overdrive your ass! Siegfried's Avatar

Default The 1 gil challenge

This is a fun challenge in real life so i decided to see iif it will work in FFXI

I start with one 1 gil and trade people stuff of increasing value until i have something worth a good amount of money

For example:
    1 gil->a carrot
    a carrot-> 1 onion knife
    1 onion knife->a scale mail
    scale mail-> ....
    And so on and so on...

Only rule is i cant throw in extra items, must only be the previous trade
    Beware of my look a like!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

would people actually do that?

sounds fun

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

You're just ripping off the guy who got a house from a paper clip through eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    You're just ripping off the guy who got a house from a paper clip through eBay.
    Ouch! Ouch! ... Kinda harsh >.<

LOL
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Rip-off is to totally cheat in some way...e.g. That guy ripped me off on this shirt, he charged 500$!

Inspiration on the other hand is something totally different...
    "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"

Therefore, I am not ripping him off, i am just trying to recreate his idea

Edit: Oh...and tecnically by ur way of putting it, as a Red Mage you are ripping off some White Magic and Some Black Magic since you arent just one or the other:mog:
    Last edited by Siegfried; 10-29-2006 at 01:32 AM.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

heh.

no one n my LS wants to co-operate xD

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
    Rip-off is to totally cheat in some way...e.g. That guy ripped me off on this shirt, he charged 500$!

Inspiration on the other hand is something totally different...
    "Imitation is the highest form of flattery"

Therefore, I am not ripping him off, i am just trying to recreate his idea

Edit: Oh...and tecnically by ur way of putting it, as a Red Mage you are ripping off some White Magic and Some Black Magic since you arent just one or the other:mog:
    Sheesh, calm down, it's the internet.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Default Ummm.... well, Hmmm ...

Can't we all just get along >.<

If not, maybe ... hit a bong (then we'll be too lethargic to get riled up)

Either way i don't know if it would actually work ...

Here's my take on it (short and sweet)
    Most people i have met while playin' the game are super serious gamers. I don't think they would look at it as 'cool' to trade something "Good" (like say an onion knife or maybe even a flask of echo drops) for a crappy carrot or 1 gil. Most people would probly just say 'here take it i don't want that crappy item.' (completely nulling the trade transaction) or say 'Piss off and quit wastin' my time.' Which i'm sure will be said more than not.

Not down'n your idea ... just sayin' people who don't post here will probably think, 'hey this guy's mentally deficient.' ... or at the very least 'tryin' to waste my time.'.
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

ive had one success!
    1 gil -> Petrified log
    not a bad start lets just hope I can keep on rolling

P.S. people kind of cuzzes me out but then more people protected me...it was kinda cool

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

People take me way too seriously. D=

I was bein' facetious ... sorry ouch!

and cool beans siegfried, thats cool that its workin' for you.
    Goodluck

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

My friend has actually succeeded in this. He's a con, though, so his deals have been more coniving than yours will be, but it's certainly possible. He has, without farming or killing any NM's or crafting or gardening, etcto name a few things)
    Scorpion Harness
    Noble's Tunic
    Vermillian Cloke
    Haubergeon
    Healing Staff
    Dragon Harness
    & 3 characters worth of assorted gear for various jobs, some of which he can't even wear yet, might not ever be able to

All of it he acquired through trading up, starting from scratch.

But its one thing to do it jovially and another to con some dumb noobs >.<