Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: Finally Released - Your Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    So for the majority of the game it's just thwack thwack thwack and then at the end... it's not? That's not really good enough for me.
    No, it changes in the middle of the game. Monster will start casting Silence, Slow, Sap, Confuse, Oil, Petrify, Blind and Poison status causing you to heal that. If you can't afford Esuna, you can use Poisona, Blindna, Vox, Stona, Regen, Haste and Dispel.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    So I was looking at the license board today and there are a BUNCH of spells that I never use because there's never really any time to use them. Things like Slow and Haste don't come in handy at all when you're just running around fighting because basically it's just thwack thwack and the monsters dies.
    Having a bunch of spell that is not used yet is good. You can create more tactic/strategy.

Slow and Haste are very useful. Haste act as a counter to Slow, while majority of the bosses/monsters are not immune to Slow. You have to use Haste, because some attacks from normal monster causes Slow. IF you are in critical state and your enemy are also in critical state, you can use Balance to inflict damage, Equipping Ruby Ring allow you to abuse Reflect effect, Immobilize and Disable are disaster when combine, if you are caught fighting with a lot of enemies, you can always use this to give some time for healing (Time Magicks). You can't attack flying enemies with normal attack, unless if you have long-ranged weapon, so you need to use Black Magicks, the best Black Magic can do quite a damage and hit all enemies, also reflectable, so Reflect do the tricks. If you're losing your MP, you can always use Syphon to absorbs MP, if enemies attack are too strong, you can use Bubble to double Max HP and Reverse to convert damage into healing (Arcane Magicks). White Magicks is savior, Cure/ra/ga/ja ensure your safety, Raise and Arise revive character. Dispel can be used to remove beneficial status. Regen can heal Sap, while Cleanse heal Disease, Esuna heals a lot of status. Whe fighting boss, Protect and Shell helps a lot, also Bravery and Faith. Some bosses are not immune to some status like Silence, Blind etc. so use them at full potential (Green Magicks). Technicks like Steal, Libra, Charge, Poach and Achilles is very useful, Addle, Shear, Wither and Expose act as Stat Breaks.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zimdoomyday View Post
    I haven't been this disappointed since my ex left me.

Embarrassingly slow battle system, and wtf is up with the graphics? I've seen bad, but this is just terrible.
    I think you're probably joking, but if you're not, then I think you probably have left the battle speed to the slowest setting (pretty sure the default is the slowest speed). One of the first things I did was immediately change the speed setting to the fastest setting- the battles are very fast paced; during some battles with many enemies I've had to set it down a few notches to keep up.
    And I am sure you are joking about the graphics.

Also- I guess I did misunderstand the meaning of the scene outside of Lhusu mines. Thanks for explaining.
    I had the battlest set on fastest and active. It's like "wait...wait....wait...ATTACK....wait...wait...wait CURE" And you can't dodge attacks or anything, you're stuck just sitting there waiting for something to happen. I mean, I know the old FFs were like that, but you could strategize a little bit. Like it was more round-based so you could cast cure, have another guy use Firaga, another summon Bahamut and then the last attack. To do that in this would, it would take forever. Put me to sleep.

And yes, the graphics really are bad. Whole pixel holes in between each one.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I believe you need to get your eyes examined if you think the graphics in this game are poor.

I agree with Zeromus X!
    Why don't you come down to, funkytown?!?!