• Former Cid's Knight

The anxiety is tearing me up inside.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is pretty fun, I'm rather enjoying it now. It reminds me a bit of Kingdom Hearts 2, how it launches you right into gameplay and kind of saves the story a bit for later, it seems. I enjoy the battle system a lot more too now.

Gambits do confuse me, but I didn't really try to figure them out yet. xD

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I am not too far in, I died twice though. I just hate how the monsters beserk towards the end of their lives (reason why I died). The gameplay so far feels kinda slow, I hope as I get deeper into the plot it will go by faster.

one complaint though so far -

VAAN'S VOICE - he sounds so prepubescent and annoying.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Oh god, I almost forgot, so many people like to bitch over VA.

I appreciate the little details. Like the Soundtrack. The menu is FF4's Prologue, there's lots of songs based of FFTA (Rabanastre's theme is the shop theme from FFTA). And the programmers made an NCP that tells you how many flagstones are in an area.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Good stuff so far. The feel, for me, is FFT+FFXI, and I love it. I just regret that work+school is going to make it so hard to get any play time in, but I'll cherish it all the more I suppose. If there are as many side-quests(NM's and fetch quests) as it feels like there will be, I'll be a happy happy man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8017 View Post
    one complaint though so far -

VAAN'S VOICE - he sounds so prepubescent and annoying.
    As in worse than Tidus?

This game is massive. It's actually a little overwhelming. I must have clocked in around seven hours of gameplay before Penelo joined my team, because they give you so much to explore and so much to do at the beginning of the game. I was out levelling, and doing those quests, and exploring new areas and residences. There's a lot to see.

I'm a little over ten hours into it now. I've done three clan quests, I'm around level eight or nine, and I've bought better weapons from Nalbina. In terms of storyline, (SPOILER)I've just got thrown into prison, and then I saved it.

Excellent game.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Created Eyes on Final Fantasy
    • Former Administrator

Having never played the demo, I'd say that the fighting is a little awkward and the camera control is aweful.

However, it is gorgeous and already better than FFX.

pretty awesome so far id sayit reminds me alot of final fantast two now except it has the graphics to support the storyline now.it should prove to be a wicked game.

oh and damn nazzi mods why you closed my other thread?i didnt see this one here...cant there be two?

Having to put down the controller for the night kills me.

OMFG, I want this. I should have just modded my PS2, and imported all the games that have yet to be released here. But no, I thought I'd be fine waiting.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I don't see why people are finding the controls so akward. Movement and camera are pretty much the same as games like Shadow of the Colossus.

I personally really like the battle system. I hear that most people do once they get used to it (including people that haven't played FFXI). It's a much faster and more streamlined version of that battle system. Once you've got your gambits down and such, XPing with a party is downright fun. The pacing of the battle system is great and I prefer it to random battles. Having played it I almost don't know how I ever handled random battles before this.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

I want the old battle system, random encounters.

I'm not too far into it, yet. It seems only natural that the only game I've been hyped for in a very long time ends up being released directly before National Novel Writing Month. -.-

The plot has gone nowhere in three hours. HOWEVER, the battles and gameplay are lots of fun, especially when other people join your party. I normally despise RPG battles, so this is a nice change of pace for me.