Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: Finally Released - Your Opinions

This isn't really a story spoiler but i'll hide it so no one know when the end of the game is close. But incase you do want to know...(SPOILER)If you're just wanting to know what the story is on your first run-through and not doing any side-quest etc...then you should complete the game around about 60 hrs mark.

Anyone playing in Active mode? It add a lot of challenge because the enemies can attack you while you select your attacks and I also put the Battle Speed a little faster than normal. It's a little hard during boss fights but I like it more than the normal setting.

I'll just say a few things so I don't spoil it or over-hype -

1. The opening cut-scene was like watching Star Wars and Lord of the Rings -

2. The Voices are actually good.

3. Contrary to my bias pre-judgement, Vaan is pretty awesome. I was somewhat initially turned off by his voice, and that it wasn't as cool, as say, a particular captain, but it fits him and resembles speech patterns of Ryo Hazuki.

4. The story is compelling.

5. The areas are vast.

6. It looks and plays nicely.

7. THE BATTLE SYSTEM is Interesting, It keeps the ATB without....having the ATB....It's more like Phantasy Star Online....but with an ATB bar, this can work to an advantage to actually control your character to dodge attacks. Or seek cover while your bar reloads.

8. THE MUSIC- Sadly, Uematsu only did one track for this game as he's signed off as the Music Composer for FF, but the new person...which I don't know their name yet is good, because he/she incorporates Uematsu's elements along with some new elements, sometimes ranging into asian-esque tunes, to mostly vast symphonic epic orchestral goodness. So I was impressed there.

9. Let me make another point again about the VOICES. This is a BIG part that reminds you if you're playing a video game....or involved in an immersive stories. So far, They're very good. I'm not sure how 10's was since I haven't gone through that though, but I do know I favor the Japanese voice of Tidus over the American.

10. It's colorful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrel1985 View Post
    pretty awesome so far id sayit reminds me alot of final fantast two now except it has the graphics to support the storyline now.it should prove to be a wicked game.

DUDE!!!!!!!! That's EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT, It's almost Identical to FF2's story, with the totalitarian Empire looming over them going to city to city destroying them - 2 WAS a wicked game and 12...Is really massive and magnificent.

Ichimonji's FFXII Words of Advice:

1) Save a lot. At every chance you get, save the game. It might be hours before you see another save point, so remember to save after everything you do.

2) Steal a lot. Always steal from every enemy. Always. Since monsters don't drop gil anymore, you gain your money from the loot that they drop... So to speed up the looting process, stealing works wonders. Oh yeah, and SELL EVERYTHING!!! Except Teleports and Rare Rare Items. Keep some weapons and armour though for other characters.

3) Explore new areas but be careful. Always explore new and interesting areas if you're able to access them, even if you're unsure. If you’re using a walkthrough and it doesn't state to go to a certain area, go there anyway. However, be careful because there could be monsters a whole lot stronger than you... So use Libra to check the enemy's stats before you confront them.

4) Buy Maps. It just makes traveling so much easier. Even if you've uncovered the entire area by exploring yourself without a map, buy the map anyway, because chances are that there are more areas to the region.

5) Use License Points!! (wisely). You can do what you want to do with the LP Grid... However, make sure everyone has White Magick and Black Magick, as well as steal. Also make sure you go into the Augments part of the grid and get a whole bunch of crap there too. And of course, license your weapons and armour... But not until you buy them first.

That's all the advice for now. Enjoy.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiseToFall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8017 View Post
    one complaint though so far -

VAAN'S VOICE - he sounds so prepubescent and annoying.
    As in worse than Tidus?
    Not worse than Tidus'. Vaan's voice fits him very well, I think.

I got the game last night, but me and a few friends were partying for halloween and we only sat down to play it for about a half hour. The Rogue Tomato was <3, I hope they release a plushie for it.

So far the story hasn't developed at all because I've only just killed the Rogue Tomato, and from what I read it won't develop for awhile. Oh well. Penelo is my favourite character so far, although I've only seen Basch, Vaan and she.

One minor gripe I have with the game, or more so myself, is that the millions of people/city names they throw in. I really like the depth they've added to the world, it's like taking History, only not boring as hell.

I've noticed there are lots of references to earlier games. It seems that there will be a lot of them.

A lot of cool stuff is returning: Ixion, Omega as a Super Boss (has over 10 million HP), many of the swords and just overall weapons are named after many from FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, and FFX.

Also, anyone see that the final boss in the Marks Hunt...has 50 Million HP?

Pffft, Penance who!?
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Quote Originally Posted by BustaMo View Post
    A lot of cool stuff is returning: Ixion, Omega as a Super Boss (has over 10 million HP), many of the swords and just overall weapons are named after many from FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, and FFX.

Also, anyone see that the final boss in the Marks Hunt...has 50 Million HP?

Pffft, Penance who!?

I take it, you've had a good look at the guide book, but 50 million HP? Seriously? Oh there has to be some sort of weapon that breaks the 9999 limit or something to that effect.
    Last edited by Russielloyd; 11-01-2006 at 06:56 PM.

So I woke up yesterday, biked the three miles to Target at 8AM in the 30 degree weather without a hat and gloves to pick this baby up. (Needless to say, I also bought a hat and gloves for the ride home. The joys of not having a car at college!) Between classes and other social activities I was able to squeeze in about 3 hour of gameplay yesterday, and so far, it's amazing. The story holds a lot of intrigue, and I'm excited for it to pick up. Also, if you want to make the game even more exciting than it already is, turn off wait and switch to active. Talk about fast(er) paced.

I know it's a weird thing to say, but it doesn't feel like "Final Fantasy" to me. It's a fun game, and I enjoy it, but I expect a different experience out of Final Fantasy that is usually delivered.

I dunno. I'm just not used a battle system like this. At least not for a FF game. I've played other games like .hack and they're okay, but Final Fantasy always had this unique quality to it.

It's sort of what drew me to it. You know, a game where you'd get into a fight and you wouldn't have to move your guy. You'd just input a command and he'd do it. Most video games, especially back then, weren't at all like that. They were more action-based. If you wanted your guy to move up to the bad guy, you have to push the d-pad and make him run up there.

I liked the old FF battle system, but who knows, maybe I'll get used to this one after I play it some more.

I do, however, like the presence of familiar names like Hashmal and Adramelch.

I got the Collector's Edition and when I was watching the special features disc, that's what got me most excited.

Here I am preaching about keeping to classic FF style, and at the same time, I get most excited about FFT references...

Anyway, the story seems cool. I mean, I'm not too far into it yet, but it seems pretty neat.

And the lisence system is similar to sphere grid, but not as lame. I didn't like the sphere grid.

There are just so many more things to do in this one. It's cool. I guess that's an FF trademark itself. Each game being totally unique. They almost all have a different way of learning magic and other combat techniques. As long as we're not drawing and junctioning again, I think I'll like this game just fine.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Default i don't like it.

i don't like it.
    i've only been plaing it for a little bit, but i don't like it.
    i don't like the battle system, i don't like the storyline...
    i'm too much of a traditional FF fan. i enjoyed FFIX better than any other so far...
    and i don't think i'm going to enjoy FFXIII either...some website said 'you say to yourself-"am i really playing Final Fantasy?!"'
    thats a direct quote from the creator.
    it just doesn't feel like FF...

Quote Originally Posted by neverforgetthem625 View Post
    it just doesn't feel like FF...
    I know what you mean.

Final Fantasy 1 and Final Fantasy 4 were two totally different games, in many, many ways. But they both have a certain quality about them that defines Final Fantasy.

I won't say that I don't like FFXII because I do. I just think that I like it as a game on its own, not part of Final Fantasy. Maybe I'll feel differently when I ride a Chocobo or something.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

This game is getting more and more great. I'm loving it so far. Fran is my new favorite.

The game is okay, nothing too special. And even though random battles might seem annoying, I prefer it over FFXII's battles. Before I stopped playing for the day, I was in the second portion of the desert with the oil drills and I needed to save, yet there wasn't a save point close by. So I ran all the way from that place, through the Zeltanian(sp) cave and through the first section, only to have wasted 8 Phoenix Downs and a lot of my time because of non-random encounters.
    The things I could not do yesterday, I shall not fear to attempt today, for I shall never give up on tomorrow. - Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs Crossfire)