Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: Finally Released - Your Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    I freaking love Fran's voice, it's so awesome.
    Her voice is quality! I don't know what it is though but it is really good and most people seem to love her voice aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by RiseToFall View Post
    Anyone at that point yet where they can judge this FF compared to the others, most notably X?
    I have finished the game once. And FFX IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THIS!!!!!!!!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    I've only been playing the game for a little while now and I'm more than a bit blown away by the size and scope of everything. It's the first time where the cutscenes that show hundreds of residents and the actual gameplay with residents on the streets actually match, as in there actually ARE that many people and the cities ARE actually that big. The story is engrossing and I enjoy being in the dark about so much, because in a way, I feel kind of like the characters do, moving forward without knowing what's on the horizon.

Balthier is easily my favorite character, though I'm only beginning to get used to the license system and the fighting style, but I enjoy it, as it's definitely different than I'm used to which is a good thing to me.

Overall, no complaints, and I can only imagine what's going to happen next.

Take care all.
    My thoughts exactly, though I like Fran more. The game is very huge, and the characters are all interesting and mysterious. I'm only about 7 and a half hours in and though I'm very confused, I'm loving it and I'm very interested.

About seven hours in myself, and I absolutely love this game so far. Maybe its only because its been so long since the first time I played FFX, but this game is completely sucking me in unlike anything else I've played, and it feels soooo much more epic. The story started out slow, but once the action started, IT NEVER FREAKING STOPPED. Now I'm in the middle of an un-stoppable marathon gaming session, and my roommate is bonking me over the head because she wants to watch TV. She probably won't get the chance tonight.

The only thing that has bothered me about the game so far is that it is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy to accidentally wander a few feet too far into some wasteland or another, and end up annhilated by some random monster lurking among all the stupid little guys that is about 10000000000000000000000000xs stronger than you. Square could have been a little more forgiving with this...at least putting reasonable barriers between weaker/stronger enemies so you don't randomly stumble on a guy you can't kill yet...damn T-Rex...

But other than that, this game is gold. I am absolutely in LUUURVE and CANNOT wait to see what happens next. This game is proof to all who may think otherwise that this series is the stuff of legend, and will only get better from here on out. Also, Balthier is the steamiest pile of sex I have ever laid eyes on in a videogame. :3
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Were you not paying attention to Vayne, Mew?!

I didn't exactly feel like making another thread so I'll just ask it here. For all the people that picked up the Collectors Edition, was it worth the extra $10?

errm im not relly sure if this is only in canada.but the CE and reguralr editon are the same price....i preordered like a month ago for the regular edition...but when i went to pick it up t he dude there was like they dropped the price donw for the collectors edition

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Were you not paying attention to Vayne, Mew?!
    What, did Vayne declare Balthier the smexiest man alive without me noticing?!?
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrel1985 View Post
    I didn't exactly feel like making another thread so I'll just ask it here. For all the people that picked up the Collectors Edition, was it worth the extra $10?

errm im not relly sure if this is only in canada.but the CE and reguralr editon are the same price....i preordered like a month ago for the regular edition...but when i went to pick it up t he dude there was like they dropped the price donw for the collectors edition
    Damn, I had to pay $59.99 for my CE, the normal one was obviously $49.99.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    I dont know what everyone is bickering about the dialogue. For me it seems to be great and much better than FFX, the language is different, but I havnt noticed anything off.
    Oh and actual words spoken and subtitles being slightly different is common practice nowadays, because the subtitles can get too long to read in time with the voices, yet the meaning of the sentences are still kept.
    They place the wrong emPHAsis on the wrong sylLAble sometimes. And occassionally, they'll throw in random words into sentences that come out very awkward. The problem isn't exactly what they're saying. It's how they're saying it and how it's coming out. The voices, the content of the conversations, none of that is an issue. There's just something very stilted about the sentence structures, and also the weird emphasis placed irregularly throughout the dialogue.

It's not a big gripe. And I can easily ignore it. But it's just a little weird.

HI-YA rouge tomatoe. Oh, its pretty freaking cool. I love the license system, though I do spend about 1/2 an hour on each license. I can never decide.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 50 KB filesize limit.

~Void

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by JulioA View Post
    HI-YA rouge tomatoe. Oh, its pretty freaking cool. I love the license system, though I do spend about 1/2 an hour on each license. I can never decide.
    Ahh, me too! Dangit, I'll never get anywhere in this game. I just sit and think and think cause I can't make up my mind. And even if I'm about to make up my mind, I'm like, "wait, but what if I change my mind later and I don't WANT this particular license?" and it's all very frustrating. I'm so indecisive. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JulioA View Post
    Ahh, me too! Dangit, I'll never get anywhere in this game. I just sit and think and think cause I can't make up my mind. And even if I'm about to make up my mind, I'm like, "wait, but what if I change my mind later and I don't WANT this particular license?" and it's all very frustrating. I'm so indecisive. ;_;
    The best thing to do is to buy the equipment/magicks/technicks first. But don't worry, I've done a lot of mistake in activating the node and because I like training, all of the mistake is covered in the next dungeon.

Yep....anyone else made the mistake of attacking the werewolf on the Giza Plains cuz i did....ARGH! Oh and Fran's voice rocks!!
    Got it Memorized?

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really like Fran and Balthier. Fran sounds just like björk. And Balthier reminds me of someone but I just can't place it at the moment.

Default FFXII rocks

I picked mine up at the midnight opening and even stayed home from school to play. so far I've spent 15 hours playing and I have cherished every bit of it