Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: Finally Released - Your Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post

I also noticed the wierd dialogue. In addition, some of the words that are spoken are not in the subtitles (yes, I leave the subtitles on, what.), though it wouldn't make much of a difference in understanding.
    That would be the "Ye Olde English" if i recall?

Quote Originally Posted by Russielloyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BustaMo View Post
    A lot of cool stuff is returning: Ixion, Omega as a Super Boss (has over 10 million HP), many of the swords and just overall weapons are named after many from FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, and FFX.

Also, anyone see that the final boss in the Marks Hunt...has 50 Million HP?

Pffft, Penance who!?

I take it, you've had a good look at the guide book, but 50 million HP? Seriously? Oh there has to be some sort of weapon that breaks the 9999 limit or something to that effect.
    (SPOILER)You don't need anything to break the damage limit((SPOILER)I successfully chain 9 Quickenings and deal 14000 damage to Mateus)).

Quote Originally Posted by Auragaea View Post
    The game is okay, nothing too special. And even though random battles might seem annoying, I prefer it over FFXII's battles. Before I stopped playing for the day, I was in the second portion of the desert with the oil drills and I needed to save, yet there wasn't a save point close by. So I ran all the way from that place, through the Zeltanian(sp) cave and through the first section, only to have wasted 8 Phoenix Downs and a lot of my time because of non-random encounters.
    You can't access (SPOILER)Zertinan Cavern from the Estersand but Westersand, so I think you enter the wrong place. Or do you mean the Yensan Sandsea? Because there's a lot of entrances to (SPOILER)Zertinan Cavern there.
    (SPOILER)Zertinan Cavern is where you obtain the optional Esper, Adrammelech, so you can't expect an easy dungeon for a gold bounty .

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Russielloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X

I also noticed the wierd dialogue. In addition, some of the words that are spoken are not in the subtitles (yes, I leave the subtitles on, what.), though it wouldn't make much of a difference in understanding.
    ...No, the dialogue actually seems stinted and the timing is off, like Miriel mentioned. In addition, some words spoken by the characters aren't in the subtitles, for no real reason. I had more to my post than what you bolded. xD

Gameplay: Great.
    Battle system: Awesome.
    Dialogue: Could use a little improvement.
    Enemy designs: spectacular.
    License board system: unique
    Oh....and one more thing...toughest enemy so far....Werewolf cuz he kicked my effin arse into the next dimension.
    Got it Memorized?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Russielloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X

...No, the dialogue actually seems stinted and the timing is off, like Miriel mentioned. In addition, some words spoken by the characters aren't in the subtitles, for no real reason. I had more to my post than what you bolded. xD
    Well i'm just going by the leaked version, but on mine the voices are out of sync anyways, so i thought it was a burning problem and i know Vayne speaks different to others and thought that could be weird for some peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell
    (SPOILER)You don't need anything to break the damage limit(Spoiler: I successfully chain 9 Quickenings and deal 14000 damage to Mateus)).
    I did a 15 hit Quickening combo, going over 30k damage.I mean as a single hit from a weapon or something.

(SPOILER)You don't need anything to break the damage limit(Spoiler: I successfully chain 9 Quickenings and deal 14000 damage to Mateus)).
    I did a 15 hit Quickening combo, going over 30k damage.I mean as a single hit from a weapon or something.
    Wait, are we fighting about how many combos we can chain? I've done 20.

For the weapon, I think you can because I remember my Basch doing 5 digit damage with his weapon (Not really sure).

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post

For the weapon, I think you can because I remember my Basch doing 5 digit damage with his weapon (Not really sure).
    20, how far you into the game?

At the end of the game, doing all of the sidequest.

At the end of the game, doing all of the sidequest.
    I didnt bother with all that yet, just played for the story. Second time i play i'll do all that.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I dont know what everyone is bickering about the dialogue. For me it seems to be great and much better than FFX, the language is different, but I havnt noticed anything off.
    Oh and actual words spoken and subtitles being slightly different is common practice nowadays, because the subtitles can get too long to read in time with the voices, yet the meaning of the sentences are still kept.
    Last edited by Croyles; 11-02-2006 at 06:20 PM.

OMFG..... I freaking love this game. I got it when it was released and I have about 9 hours in it already and it really is great. The story starts moving a lot faster after you have been playing it for a while.

The thing that startled me was Vaan and Frans voice. I wasn't expecting them to sound like they do, but you get use to it.

My sig and avy are made by me.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I freaking love Fran's voice, it's so awesome.

I'm not too far in, only 5 hours about, but I'm really enjoying this game very much. Not a dull moment yet.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Five hours and your already at Fran! I took 15 (LPing).
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Anyone at that point yet where they can judge this FF compared to the others, most notably X?

I've only been playing the game for a little while now and I'm more than a bit blown away by the size and scope of everything. It's the first time where the cutscenes that show hundreds of residents and the actual gameplay with residents on the streets actually match, as in there actually ARE that many people and the cities ARE actually that big. The story is engrossing and I enjoy being in the dark about so much, because in a way, I feel kind of like the characters do, moving forward without knowing what's on the horizon.

Balthier is easily my favorite character, though I'm only beginning to get used to the license system and the fighting style, but I enjoy it, as it's definitely different than I'm used to which is a good thing to me.

Overall, no complaints, and I can only imagine what's going to happen next.

Take care all.