Page 1 of 13 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XII: Finally Released - Your Opinions

Default Final Fantasy XII: Finally Released - Your Opinions

For all of you lucky gamers who picked this baby up, what do you think of it? How does it compare to previous instalmets? Battle system to your liking?

Pretty much anything that you want to say about the game, do so. But please put up SPOILERS, not everyone is in the exact place in terms of plot and gameplay.

picked it up at a midnight release and ive been playing it ever since (bout 2 hours worth of gameplay)and I'm just freaking amazed, everything from the battle mechanics to the overrall presentation of the game is simply stunning thus far and the visuals of course jaw-dropping. Really seems square enix has outdone themselves with this one.

I'll post more later, too busy playing lol.

FFX is nothing compared to this.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I loved the intro scenes and am looking forward to playing more. I'm maybe an hour or two in, and won't be able to clock a large amount of hours continuously due to class schedules, but the promise of political intrigue and other such fun stuff makes me happy. I'm tired of saving the freakin' world, I love these nations-in-conflict games.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm really excited now to play this from these replies. I'm impressed with the boxing and art of the Collector's Edition, which I picked up, and is current on my leg waiting to be played. Which I shall do now.

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

My mum picked it up for me this morning, but I've had school, and I'm not going to her house on saturday, so I can't play 'till then... I'm sad...

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."

I've played about an hour and a half, and it seems pretty good so far. Not great, yet, but I'm hopeful. I'm not that much of a fan of the battle system, mainly because it involves so much sitting around, but maybe that will change once I get more Magicks and Technicks.

WOW! The story REALLY starts picking up 4-5 hours in. This game is AMAZING!!!

Loved by many. Envied by many.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
    I've played about an hour and a half, and it seems pretty good so far. Not great, yet, but I'm hopeful. I'm not that much of a fan of the battle system, mainly because it involves so much sitting around, but maybe that will change once I get more Magicks and Technicks.
    Same here, but a little less time. It seems fun so far, nothing amazing yet but I just started. But yes, the battle system kind of bugs me. Maybe I'm just an impatient Noo Yoikah type, but you select the target, then you go up to them and you have to just wait. D:

Anyways, back to play more~

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

The battle system's no VP:Silmeria, but it's a nice change of pace.

And the rogue tomato was cute~

I'm an hour in. One thing I've noticed is that I don't hate the battle system, though I hated it in the demo a year ago.

Surely one had to wait in all the other FF games during the battle system? I don't understand. Aren't you given the chance to control your characters even if they had gambit applied?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I picked it up this morning. I on vaction this week from work so I should be able to devote some good time to this game. So far so good. I have been playing for about three-four hours. I spend most of those just messing around and doing some monster hunt thingys. I stopped because I am at my parents house right now and my dad wanted me to carve at least one pumpkin. I have to watch the house later tonight, so I'll probably play untill my girlfriend swings by. As someone pointed out earlier, yeah, this blows away FFX already, and no, I am not one of those people that dissed on FFX because it was new. I am glad that the battle system is the way it is. It's nice to finally see a real change in the FF series.

Overall, this is shaping up to be an enjoyable Final Fantasy.
    Last edited by Sephex; 10-31-2006 at 11:08 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

If your more interested in the story than the gameplay, you'll have to be a little patient. But it pays off, id say.

The story does take a while to get into but it does get going and it really good. Espers and Quickenings are really good to watch, a total "wow" factor.

Everyone is going on about the gambit system. I can get a screenie of mine with Penelo if anyone wants, just as a example to follow or whatever.