Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rate the Music Video

Rate the Music Video

This was used on another forum and I found it to be a very interesting thread. Its pretty simple. I'll post a music video of my choice and the next poster watches it, posts what they think of it and then posts one of their own. But dont go "It was good/bad, I like/dislike the band." Give more about what you think of the video, was there a part you really liked or what would you have changed for example.

Okay, heres my video. Of course its Muse ^^ and its my favourite track by them, "Bliss."

Muse - Bliss

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Though it's a top song, and the video looks very pretty (love the outer space aspect), it's not one of the best from Muse I think, it's just Matt Bellamy fallling as it were and there seems to be little else to it. I prefer the creepiness of their Feeling Good video for instance.

My choice to see next:

Sigur Ros - Untitled 1
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

That Video made me upset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GbljTEKjFA

I personally hated the song, the music video almost gave me a seizure with all the bright flashing lights. I also couldnt make out anything he was saying, too much screaming.

Oooh - De la soul

Lmfao, that was pretty smurfed up. Song was kinda irritating, that genre of music isn't my favourite. Give me NWA anyday. The video was very entertaining though. I like the concept of "The Gangstarr Of Oz".

Norma Jean - Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste

Loved the song (norma jean rocks), but the video was pretty lame.

Here's mine

It Dies Today - A Threnody For Modern Romance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkVztcMGMz4

I remember seeing that video on Headbangers Ball a few years back. Great video, great song. I wish HBB would play it every now and then, though.

Testament - Over The Wall

I know it's not the original video (the original doesn't even show bowie and queen together), but this song is just awesome with Heath Kirchart.

Under Pressure

Ok, this one is good too, gotta love David Bowie!!!

Oh and I love all of Muse's video clips. <3 When he plays the piano and the buildings pop up, it's just so freakin' awesome!
    Last edited by Rostum; 11-01-2006 at 08:05 AM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Omecle, you only need to post one. Black Mage FF1, please can you say more then "The video was lame." More details please people.

Im chosing the David Bowie one as Im a massive fan. I remember seeing this video when I was a kid and it terrified me! Classic song, class Bowie, but one of the best videos hes done. His departure from drugs, very interesting.

Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer

Ah now this is good, there's a reason this is often mentioned as one of the best videos ever - it hasn't dated much considering it's 20 years or so old, and it's wonderfully imaginative as well as just being....well...fun. And those dodgem cars are really sweet too

OK Go - Here It Goes Again

Oh man that is a really annoying song "no offense"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1G_2VRnYe4

One man Army and the undead quartet

Thanks to Reno is my man for the awesome siggy!!
    R.I.P Owen Macwere
    R.I.P to my cat, Turk

I disliked the song, and the video. As you can see, not much effort went into the video. All it did was zoom in on someone ( banging their head back and forth most of the time ), then zoom out.

Witness the Fitness - Roots Manuva

Bizarro Sephiroth - OK granted you find the song annoying, but have you noticed the point of this thread? At least give some decent comment on the bloody video - you've just said one brief sentence about the song!

I actually liked the song, and the music video was very amusing. Those poor kids The spoon egg race really brought back some memories.

Swan Lee with "Tomorrow Never Dies"

Yes, it was written for the Bond movie of the same name, but didn't get picked only because the band was not famous enough.

Hmm, I'm not too into this song it is okay really though. Her voice is decent, but the music just doesn't hold it up well enough. The video was frankly nothing special either, not cliche but not original.

Regina Spektor - US
    Quote Originally Posted by MecaKane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Avril's become more profane now with lines such as "Hell yeah, I'm a m***** f***in' princess"
    No matter how much you and Sigmund Freud want it to be, 'mother' is not a curse word.