Thread: Can't Wait To Play

Default Can't Wait To Play

Hey guys,

iv'e just bought myself FFXI, any advice before i start playing it?
    I can't wait. I've been viewing some of the pics on here and they look great.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You've got about 6 hours of updating the game with the latest patches ahead of you once you install it, so don't expect to play it too soon.
    Figaro Castle

Oh no. how depressing, lol.

Don't worry, even with the old cd's, it only takes me 2-3 hours to download at this time. If you have newer dvd's, or you have the 2007 Vana'diel Collection, then you won't have much to download at all.

Congratulations on getting the game, don't let it take over your life. Just have fun, don't take anything seriously.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Don't worry, even with the old cd's, it only takes me 2-3 hours to download at this time. If you have newer dvd's, or you have the 2007 Vana'diel Collection, then you won't have much to download at all.

Congratulations on getting the game, don't let it take over your life. Just have fun, don't take anything seriously.

Yes its the Vana'diel Collection that i've bought.

I've always been put off by the online play but i've heard so many good things about it, plus its Final Fantasy so i thought what the heck.

what server you get on?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

join Fairy, Ill ask Raiden if I can give you the WP code!

cause I'm also just starting on that certain server.

Quote Originally Posted by dodhungry View Post
    what server you get on?
    yeah me to? im on quetzacotal... /tell aurri if you are on here.. i can give you some help to start you off

I'm not on any yet. I've still got to set it up.

If you want, send me a PM, I can get you a world pass to Midgardsormr.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

nonono Come to Fairy!

Congrats
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.