Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can I have some advice on being a pure Party WHM?

MNK should have STR Acc and ATK

Well you shouldnt worry then, but dont overload on HP => MP gear...its nice but if you die then its useless especially at higher lvls. Go with what fits you best...and imo hMP is the most important. As its usually not how much you have...but how fast you gain it back for the next fight.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Well at low levels there's not much choosing MP > hMP. Pilgrim's Wand over Whale Staff. Unless you have a Dia Wand (and I doubt many do) I'd just leave the Pilgrim's on all the time. Seer's Tunic > all at 29. Baron's Slops > all at 20 and there aren't that many uber MP leg pieces before Frog Trousers (for taru) or RSE (everyone else).

If you mean hMP is more important than max MP gear I would agree. I probably should've made that more clear. It's just that in terms of gear availability there is a ton more MP gear and very few hMP pieces. Basicalliy focus on MP gears until you can start throwing in some hMP gears. If you want to be really good you'll ocassionally macro in your max MP gears over your hMPs to start chains or whatever, though this often isn't an issue and you might as well keep hMPs on all the time.

However, if by some miracle you got a Dia Wand you would definitely macro the Dia Wand in for cures and rest in the Pilgrim's Wand. And at 51 you'd rest in the Dark Staff and cure in the Light Staff.

Ok, what does < stpc > mean and how would i set that macro up ?

Also does it auto target lowest hp and cure that member of party ?

Or how does that work ?

Please and Thank you
    Fue~
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Select Targert Player Character

Once you hit the macro you can select your target from among the PCs in your viewing range. This is nice because it keeps you from targetting around to all of the NPCs. However, F1-F6 are superior in my experience fo quickly targetting the PT member you want to cast on.

I use < stnpc > constantly for pulling with Elegy and in all of my sleep macros. It's the same concept except it doesn't target any NPCs.

You can also use < lastst > so that the name will come up in a macro or something. I use it to remain targeted on my last pull for a quck and easy sleep when I get back to camp without having to retarget or anything.

/ma "Carnage Elegy" < stnpc >
    /ta < lastst >

This way instead of defaulting to my target before the ST it will go to whatever I just Elegied and I can hit my lullaby macro without even turning my back.

For cures you could set it up like...

/ma "Cure" < stpc >

Also be aware that you can use < p0 > < p1 > etc. P0 will always be yourself. P1-P5 will be the remaining PT members. For alliance stuff you can use < a10 > - < a25 > The first number will be the group in the alliance (1 for the top PT and 2 for the middle PT). The second number is selected the same as for PT. The third person in the middle PT would be < a22 >.

There are times that this can be a faster targetting method for quick cures in an alliance. Usually I'll just /ta Miriel (or whatever the person's name is) and then hit the macro. However, if the person's name is... Saitohajime (guy in one of my LSs) I will ofte /ta < a13 > or whatever the case may be.

If you are outside curing an alliance and you need to target a specific tank regularly you can adjust your macros to include that person's name or set a /ta macro separately to make it less work.

/ma "Spell" Chalumeau is something I use a lot when doing duo work with my wife because if we are both engaged it can be difficult to quickly target her with a spell.

wow... thats alot of info :bigbiggri

Thank you Yeargdribble!!
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuego View Post
    wow... thats alot of info :bigbiggri

Thank you Yeargdribble!!
    Isnt Yearg the greatest?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yearg has almost too much info...

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

LOL !!!

Yea Yeargdribble is the greatest !!!

/praise yeargdribble !

lol sorry... was trying to be fairly thorough >.>

If there's something I lack, it's the elusive knack for concision ><

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    He's like the Kishi of FFXI.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He's a computer program too? It fits.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    lol sorry... was trying to be fairly thorough >.>

If there's something I lack, it's the elusive knack for concision ><
    I'll take thorough over concision any day
    Last edited by Fuego; 11-05-2006 at 11:56 AM.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Kishimoto Kishi? (ie. Mirage) or Kawaii (un-kawaii) Kishi?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

:(
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Kishimoto Kishi? (ie. Mirage) or Kawaii (un-kawaii) Kishi?
    That's a joke, right? D=