Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did you lose the first time you attempted the final battle?

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor View Post
    I put all my eggs into a rather large dragonish basket called "Bahamut". It doesn't seem to take as long as Meteo, plus Zemus himself says that Meteo is "Silly!" so I wouldn't even use it on him. You're trying to kill him, not entertain him with Silly! Theatrics.
    Yeah, I eventually figured that out.

I was five. Big Bang hurts, man.

Eventually I saved enough GP to buy 50+ elixers on the moon.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr
    unsatisfactory, and never played the game again because it was such a poor game graphically and, definitely, storywise, despite how cool Rydia is.
    Have you gone mad!? (but I agree with the Rydia part.)
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Ah, Zeromus. Yeah, definitely the hardest final battle I've ever done, but then the only ones I've ever done in one shot were FF1, FF5 and FFX-2. FF2 doesn't count as it was DoS and the difficulty was way too low. Not that I'll do the NES version; the ending sucks.

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

My first battle with Zeromus went a little like this:

Zeromus uses Big Bang
    Cecil Attacks
    Zeromus uses Big Bang

--End--

Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, I lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNUMBERS View Post

Zeromus uses Big Bang
    Cecil Attacks
    Zeromus uses Big Bang

--End--

Took four Big Bangs to take me down on the PS version. Took me a while to figure out that he was probably countering with Big Bang, as all of them came before Rosa could heal me.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

the second big bang killed me.

i was on about level 45-47 and i could have won. but at first it was quite hard to recover from big bangs and i didn't have a proper strategy.

i tried it again later on a higher level and won easily which is a shame because i think just those 2 or 3 extra levels made it easy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I finished the final battle fine, but then again I played the GBA version. Then again, I was at level 53 for all of my characters, so I don't know.

Banned

I died terrible deaths the first few times, but eventually I found an excellent strategy:

CECIL: fights, uses Lifes and Elixirs
    RYDIA: uses Nuke
    EDGE: throws stuff, uses Lifes and Elixirs
    ROSA: uses Cure4
    KAIN: jumps, uses Lifes and Elixirs

Yes. I died many times. After a couple of tries I just gave up and started playing the other FFs. More than 5 years passed and I finally beat FFVI as January 29, 2007 and I've been playing FF for years!!

Banned

Yes, Zeromus was a very hard boss, despite me being younger and a little less familiar with RPGs. I would still probably have trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    I don't recall exactly, but I think it was one of the easiest boss fights I've ever had to fight in FF. I'm pretty sure I made an absolute mess of Zeromus, deemed his abilities unsatisfactory, and never played the game again because it was such a poor game graphically and, definitely, storywise, despite how cool Rydia is.

Where was I? Oh. Right.

This game is a joke, and I think the only times I died were not to the final boss but to the dragons and hardcore enemies of the final dungeon.
    Did you play FFIV Advance or on SNES or PS1? I heard IV Advance made it MUCH easier. For example, Rosa uses Curaja in IV Adv. a lot faster than the PS1 or SNES version. Zeromus would use Big Bang and damage you faster than you can heal, making it VERY HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottNUMBERS View Post

Zeromus uses Big Bang
    Cecil Attacks
    Zeromus uses Big Bang

--End--

To be honest this was almost exactly how it went when I fought Zeromus. All characters except Cecil were dead, and bringing them back to life would have been useless, since they would be immediately smacked down by Big Bang. It went: Cecil Attacks, Big Bang comes, heal with Elixer, repeat.

Good thing I had over 20 Elixers and was able to win finally.

Of course i died the first time!... Besides... this one was the first Final Fantasy i played and it was so many years ago that i was a little girl... so it was hard... i wasn't in a good level after all...
    I remember that when i first attempted the final battle i lost, and then didn't try it again before being on a higher level... i went to train a lot, spent a lot of time on training, then i came back strongest and kicked Zeromus ass xD...
    But that was years ago... now Zeromus is the little girl when i play xD...
    Kuja, Please, Rest In Peace...
    Dissidia Killed You
    Yeah... the whole game...

the first time i fought the last battle. i lost i was very underleveled and every battle leading up to it was incredably hard.

but it was nice playing a final fantasy where the final battle was actually a challange.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

I got my behind stomped at Zeromus and almost every random battle where I didn't run away in that final f***in dungeon. It wasn't until my nephew got IV for his GBA that I decided to try it again, since I could actually take the time to level up because I could take it with me that I finally beat him. But even then it took me forever cause I would level up, save, fight him, lose, level up some more, fight him, lose, level up some more......you get the idea. I did that maybe......10 or 12 times before I finally beat him.

I really didn't have much trouble with Zeromus, but this was probably due to the fact that:
    1) I basically power-leveled before fighting him (all characters in high 50s, low 60s)
    2) I went out of my way to get ever item I could before fighting him and
    3) I only got as far as Zeromus in the GBA version; I played the PS 1 version before and lost interest upon getting Edge.

IN all honesty, the only final boss I've actually had trouble with was Sephiroth, and that was because it was the first FF I had ever played and I had no idea of the concept of "status ailments" and thus didn't bother to prepare to protect myself from them when he uses Pale Horse.

Really, I kind of acknowledge my survival against Zeromus to either be my power-leveling, or pure dumb luck.
    The more consciousness, the more will; the more will, the more self. Someone who has no will at all is no self. But the more will he has, the more self-consciousness he has too.-Soren Kierkegaard
    Every people has its own Tartuffery and calls it its virtues.-What is best in us we do not know-we cannot know.-Friedrich Nietzsche
    Trickery, bravery: who asks, in war?-Virgil, The Aeneid, Book II, Line 517

Which FF Character Are You?