Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I see what everyone means when they say they hate Valkurm...

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Default I see what everyone means when they say they hate Valkurm...

third time training through there, and then b00m

I am partied and all (as my Mules WAR/MNK).

guy starts calling me a noob for no specific reason, I examine him, he hasnt got a subjob yet (Galka THF), I reply that I am a "newb" and that a "noob" is something that he was showing some of the "noob" symptoms.

then instead of fighting the next few battles, he stands there leeching... AND THEN! the few battles after that, he begins air humping instead of fighting stuff.

anyone had any similar experiences?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Had a japanese thief who didn't know she was supposed to pull, nor how to do it. It was kinda hard to explain it to her too. we ended up with BLM pulling with magic.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Pulling is easy to learn, tricky to master.

I have done it as a Voking warrior

I have alot of poopy valkurm stories ... but nothin' is comin' to mind as for specific instances ... Oh well, i will have to think hard >.<
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    I usually make my own parties in Valkurm if I'm leveling a new job, and I invite higher ranks 'cause I'm a jerk like that. >_> I like experienced players to help me get fast exp, because I hate leveling. :p

Also, since I hate leveling, and if I have a moron in my party... They usually get a /tell telling them to stop being a moron, and if they argue/keep being a moron, I boot 'em. :D I even partied with a friend who was too nice to boot somebody, so they gave me leader and I did it. :x Kek kek kek!

*flex*

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

I have too many Valkurm stories. Cant stand the place, I refuse to go back without at least another LS member.
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

I think one of the worst party i have been in was when i was a blue/whm and only had cure 1, didn't have healing breeze .... i was ask'd to main heal by a rdm who wanted to melee and not enfeeb or heal .... i had a blm/whm backin me up when he could ... but dam ... thats weak !

I got totally yelled at when i was a rdm and tryin' to main heal in the dunes and they thought i wasn't doin' a good enough job ...
    funnily enough i only had cure 1 then too >.< not to mention i was enfeebin' (and they wanted me to melee) :nibbles: Gotta love those Valkurm'rs who know know how to play your job better, even though they are a war or thf >.<
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

ballsballsballs of steel Jimsour's Avatar

Or usually a war/thf

(incase anyone doesnt get it, its a completely useless sub untill your main is 30, untill then there are no benefits)
    I'm a big fan of the Mars Bar Diet; You don't eat the Mars bar, you stick it up your arse and let a rottweiler chase you home.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I was a WAR/THF...

I just really hate the monk job, and those were my only two options when I first started out. I managed to 30 ok.

It's better than no sub, which gave me an edge right there. Plus I was well equipped.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Look what i've gone 'n started >.<

I've never play'd that combo ... Hello ... I'm a Mage LOL !!!!

But i bet it'd be cool because it would raise your Dex and Evation (me thinks) ...

'n thats not a bad thing

Plus war is a good DD and tank at low lvls

But again ... not my area of expertise .... :bigbiggri

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

At that level, /thf wouldn't raise dex and evasion noticeably, but hey, no sub does in the dunes ;D. The only things that matter are the abilities, and few subs give useful abilities at that level. Thief gives what, Gilfinder and Steal :D, useless. /mnk gives Boost and Subtle Blow, which is way better than Steal and Gilfinder. At 20, having a thief sub actually starts doing something battle-wise. With Evasion Bonus you'll dodge a bit more, but still not enough to count on it. At the same time, a Monk sub would give you Counter, which I don't really know how often kicks in, so I'll leave it as that.

I played as war/thf myself though, because thf is my main, and i had no other job leveled for when I went to level my sub. Ofcourse, I wasn't aware of its uselessness at that time, but atleast it makes for more invites than war/nothing. I love war/thf post 30 though. My SA->Sturmwinds rip through anything. Sucks when the tank can't keep hate though, lack of /nin makes for a lot of damage taken.
    Last edited by Mirage; 11-06-2006 at 06:16 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Ah i c ... so /mnk would be the most advantageous way to take it.

i may take monk up and see if its cool ... but i still wanna do somethin' with my pld.

hmm... lol

I find ways to solo / duo, maybe even trio, my way past Valkurm. So I hardly ever go there unless I get extremely lazy and want a PL'd party.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

What is up with that ....

Every party i have been in lately that is in the Dunes ... there is a PL ... What the ???? is that all about ?!?!?!?

Esp since i get people in PT who think they are like the living breathing Qur'an or Koran (?) ... if you're soooo awsome and know like everything ... why do we need a PL ?

Korroloka Tunnel from 15-20 FTW !!!!

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Yes, Korroloka Tunnel is far better as long as you have the patience not to go linking worms together. Even then, it's mind-numbingly easy to run away from them. Beats all the bad pulls/links and insane quarreling that seem to show up more often than not in Valkurm.

I find soloing in Valkurm to be rather nice though. Still not as good as Shakhrami, though. Worms win.