Thread: Great Serpentskin question

Default Great Serpentskin question

Does anyone know if you can get the loot item Great Serpentskin from anything else other than the Nidhogg hunt? I accidentally sold mine, and then realized i needed it for a quest. If anyone knows, please help. Thanks

You mean I need that for a quest later? Crap.
    I sell all my loot all the time...wtf.
    Sigless

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was the only way to obtain the Great Serpentskin. I guess for those who don't use a guide, try reading a description of the item in your inventory at times and see if it tells you whether or not it hints at maybe needing it later on in the game.

Also, I think if an item has a high sellback price onit, be cautious. It may mean that it's most likely usable later.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Well, the quest you need it for is the Patient in the Desert quest. If you don't give the lady all the items, you just get a different reward from the sick dude. All of the items he gives you can be bought at some time. If you get all of the items, which i won't, he gives you a golden amulet, that doubles your LP. This can be bought from a travelling merchant in the Rabanastre Lowtown, i'm just not sure when. I guess it isn't that big of a deal that i lost that loot item, since he will still give the the Barheim key that leads to a secret esper. I'm not gonna worry about selling loot anymore, there always seems to be some workaround.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Thank goodness...I kinda sold it too. -__-; Things that you need later should automatically be labelled as important items, not as loot. (SPOILER)Like the Jaya Stick, I mean I was talking to a merchant right before then, so I was like: "Note to self: do not sell it"

There must be another way...?
    Sigless

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I knew I shouldn't have sold that! Can anyone give a list of stuff you shouldn't sell, I don't have a guide.

About that mission, when can you get across the river?
    [I]All Your Images Belong to The Overchan v2!

Webfiction | Leaving the Light. - Fanfics | Dark Distorted Mirror | Shinji and Warhammer40k | Starcrossed |

My real estate agent, old Jill
    Has excellent properties still;
    There's none of it bland,
    Still top-dollar, and
    Has vacancies I'd love to fill

You need that for a quest? Oh, crap. I usually sell even the loot that seems kind of important, hoping for some stuff from the Bazaar.

Well, I did the Patient in the Desert quest up until teh part where I ahd to go give her the Great SerpentSkin. So I go face Nidhogg for it, obtian it, and come back WITHOUT giving up the Great SerpentSkin, and he still gives me teh key for the Barheim mines to go face Zalera. SO now the Patient in the Desert quest is completed, and I still have the Great Serpent Skin in my Loot list. Should I see it to maybe get a Bazaar item, or just keep it there? I don't think there's anymore use for it.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Quote Originally Posted by TogiB REDUX View Post
    Well, the quest you need it for is the Patient in the Desert quest. If you don't give the lady all the items, you just get a different reward from the sick dude. All of the items he gives you can be bought at some time. If you get all of the items, which i won't, he gives you a golden amulet, that doubles your LP. This can be bought from a travelling merchant in the Rabanastre Lowtown, i'm just not sure when. I guess it isn't that big of a deal that i lost that loot item, since he will still give the the Barheim key that leads to a secret esper. I'm not gonna worry about selling loot anymore, there always seems to be some workaround.
    You can also buy them from the Seeq at Mt. Bur-Omisces (sp?) as soon as you get there. I bought 6 of those and keep them equipped at all times. The top half of my license board is almost finished!