Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Female main character, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

That formula has helped Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinare(sp?) Kitase make "successful" FF's for years
    Indeed it did.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Hey, dragon mage?

Wanna hear a joke?
    (SPOILER)Women's Rights.

I do not think this is appropriate. Before it may have been light-hearted sarcasm, but now you're purposely trolling. Do not do this again. ~ Zeromus
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Wow, that was brilliant, a 'joke' insult. Like I haven't heard any of those before. Please, if you're going to insult me, at least try to it right and come up with something intelligant. And that's a joke itself.

That formula has helped Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinare(sp?) Kitase make "successful" FF's for years
    A cliche never dies soon enough. Just like politicians. The only thing different now is that you get to see angsting from a different point of view. Whoopee

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timerk View Post
    When Grand Theft Auto San Andreas came out, everyone made a big deal when they found out the main character was going to be black. Then, when the game actually got released, nobody cared anymore, they just wanted to know how to do the missions. It will be the same with FFXIII, I think society is advanced enough to embrace a strong female lead without too much upset.

I hope so anyway.
    Howcome there was a fuss with the main character in San Andreas? White fols were mad because the game industry lacks black characters so when GtA makes a game with one, they're all upset and racist?!
    I'm glad they did they're not that many original black game characters anyway, most of them are just stuck in sports game and those don't really count. Dammit I'm making an RPG with black main characters hah that'll upset everyone!

As for FFxIII yay for a lead female character.

Yellow Winged Angel

The first black character I can remember in FF is Barret, and look at him. And his corn rows. And his gun.

Yeah, Barret's not stereotypical at all.

casual mind slip

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    But I like the little bishi boys with their lady faces. ;_;
    Me too, except when the main character looks like Meg Ryan, then it gets disturbing. *cough*TIDUS*cough*

Barrett reminds me of Mr. T But, I like Mr. T so that's okay.

Anyways- to Dragon Mage, while I agree fullheartedly about women's rights etc. it's probably not best to be jumping down everyone's throats about it... especially since most of the people who cracked the jokes were just doing simply that- joking. I find a lot of feminists tend to say lots of racist comments about men too so it always equals out in the end.

A female lead character would be so nifty! I'm sure Square could pull it off, as long as she's got a more winning personality than a half-dressed gunner girl who jumps around all the time. (note: I like FFX-2, I really do. But for a main FF title instead of a sequel, It'd be nice to see her a little more serious, clothed, and kick-ass- like Yuna -used- to be [without the kick-ass.])

Default eye candy!

come on you know how final fantasies work theirs a guy who rescues and usually fall in love with a beautiful girl and saves the world it has worked so far why shouldn’t it continue?

It's not happening in XII so far.

Maybe a chick will fall in love with another chick this time?

Oh man that would be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasarian Altimeros View Post
    Maybe a chick will fall in love with another chick this time?

Oh man that would be hot.
    Srsly. I'd forgive her for not wearing a burka for that.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Mage
    Wow, that was brilliant, a 'joke' insult. Like I haven't heard any of those before. Please, if you're going to insult me, at least try to it right and come up with something intelligant. And that's a joke itself.
    Actually the point was, you need to lighten up. No one here has attacked women, or feminism. As a female right's supprter, I would instantly be at your side if they had. But they haven't, so no need to be so defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    I do not think this is appropriate. Before it may have been light-hearted sarcasm, but now you're purposely trolling. Do not do this again. ~ Zeromus
    Yes sir. But apparently you missed the point too.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Anyways- to Dragon Mage, while I agree fullheartedly about women's rights etc. it's probably not best to be jumping down everyone's throats about it... especially since most of the people who cracked the jokes were just doing simply that- joking. I find a lot of feminists tend to say lots of racist comments about men too so it always equals out in the end.
    Well, I'm truly sorry, but the thing is, it's hard to tell when someone is joking or not when all you see are words on a screen. Facial expression, tone of voice, and body language have much to do with sarcasm and joking, none of which are conveyed via computer on a forum. I realize that someone could be joking and so I asked if it was a joke or not. Instead of receiving an answear, I got more ?saracam? or truth? I was rather confused.
    And I haven't said any sexist (not racist) comments about men. I want to make sure that when I fight someone it's a real fight, when both sides mean what they say. If not, and I just randomly attack someone for something that was said in jest, and find out the truth of the situation later....I just didn't want to make an ass out of myself it all.

Actually the point was, you need to lighten up. No one here has attacked women, or feminism. As a female right's supprter, I would instantly be at your side if they had. But they haven't, so no need to be so defensive.
    Actually, Nasarian Altimeros' first statement could have been interpreted as a sexist remark, however I was not sure, and so I asked if he was serious or not. I NEVER ATTACKED ANYONE!!!!! If you think that I've been attacking people, you haven't seen anything yet. However, I know that that won't be neccessary here. And I never saw your joke; Zeromus cut it out before I even saw it, sooo.....

The joke is still there.

It's kind of obvious that Altimeros was joking. I mean, nobody's that sexist any more.