Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Female main character, eh?

Ah, I see. I thought the 'joke' had been cut. Never mind then!

It's kind of obvious that Altimeros was joking. I mean, nobody's that sexist any more.
    You have no idea. It's stronger now then ever.

Oh? Is that why you're in high school instead of at home in the kitchen? Is that why you haven't been sold for goats? Sexism is stronger now than ever, is it? You're paranoid, dear.

No, I'm not paranoid and No I wasn't talking about the government. I meant society, that twisted game of mankind's delusions. Legally, I'm still less than a man, so government is included as well, though to a much lesser extent than any other country. But in society, the discrimination is overwhelming. Especially in school.
    Last edited by Dragon Mage; 11-17-2006 at 01:39 AM.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Mage View Post
    No, I'm not paranoid and No I wasn't talking about the government. I meant society, that twisted game of mankind's delusions. Legally, I'm still less than a man, so government is included as well, though to a much lesser extent than any other country. But in society, the discrimination is overwhelming. Especially in school.
    really I could swear back when I was in high school that they said the girls made the highest scores, or that might be just reverse sexism right there.

Yellow Winged Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Mage View Post
    really I could swear back when I was in high school that they said the girls made the highest scores, or that might be just reverse sexism right there.
    The valedictorian my senior year was female. So was the student counsel president when I was in Grades 9, 11, and 12. The student counsel president in my college is also female.

I'm not talking about in that way. I mean the way the boys treat the girls in school-something to be screwed and nothing more. They view women as: weak creatures that can't do anything, are stupid, should be submissive, do what they're man wants, are easy to intimidate and throw around for an ego boost, nothing would be lost if they were killed-there's plenty to go around, and they're good only for a one night stand.
    That's how they see women, and it doesn't help that the government is saying that they're not wrong either. Like I said, it's society that's sexist, but the government doesn't need to back them up. It's that kind of attitude that really pisses me off, as no doubt you can understand. You have no idea how many times I've heard the words 'yeah, man, we're the superior sex, and they're all our whores.'

Disgusting

Well, you obviously live in the 1700s and there's nothing anybody can do about that.

I can't count the number of times I've seen girls do just the same to guys- use them to buy them things, play with them, etc. and then break their hearts. It works both ways. What bothers me is that your statements claim that -every- male is like that, which is a sexist comment in itself. The people you described are a small percentage of the population- the others at your school may simply not be mature enough to understand love, so until they grow up they may think that way.
    I can't seem to grasp how you expect society to do something about an issue that really is open for interpretation? So some immature kids play each other- there's not much the government can do to intervene... they can't do anything really... because it's not that big of a problem. Honestly, I'm not trying to put down women's rights- I'm actually related to Susan B. Anthony and proud of it, but please think through your arguments, and how logical they are before you rant them to the world.
    ...and go look at some real-world men and realize that they're not as bad as you may think they are, and don't hold the views you may think they do.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ok, yeah. If y'all want to get into a whole debate about sexism, take it somewhere else.

Or at the very least try and link back to the game in your posts instead of completely rambling off tangent.

yeah okay, I agree. Sorry I continued on the senseless argument... you're right- I shouldn't have been feuling the fire.

I can't wait to hear more about this game though! Whether it's a male or female lead you can bet I'll be playing it either way! I never really felt that it mattered because, again, there were always other characters to balance it out. As long as the story is good and the characters have a deep personality, I'll take it

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Final Fantasy should only have a female lead if the last boss is a dust-ghost that needs to be vacuumed up or some food that needs to be cut up to make the male characters sandwiches.

Other than that, the only good reason for the female characters to be there is their breasts.

I can't count the number of times I've seen girls do just the same to guys- use them to buy them things, play with them, etc. and then break their hearts. It works both ways. What bothers me is that your statements claim that -every- male is like that, which is a sexist comment in itself. The people you described are a small percentage of the population- the others at your school may simply not be mature enough to understand love, so until they grow up they may think that way.
    I can't seem to grasp how you expect society to do something about an issue that really is open for interpretation? So some immature kids play each other- there's not much the government can do to intervene... they can't do anything really... because it's not that big of a problem. Honestly, I'm not trying to put down women's rights- I'm actually related to Susan B. Anthony and proud of it, but please think through your arguments, and how logical they are before you rant them to the world.
    ...and go look at some real-world men and realize that they're not as bad as you may think they are, and don't hold the views you may think they do.
    Oh, I never said that all men are like that-just a large number of them, from what I know. There are those that aren't like that, of course-but those you never see nor hear of, sadly. I know. I've seen them, I've talked to them, some of them are my friends, but there doesn't seem to be enough of them in my school.
    As for your relation to Susan B. Anthony: you come from a holy bloodline.

Anyways, to the point, it's great that there's a strong female character in a country that expects it's women to be submissive. It's a good change of pace and will be more interesting then the sterotype of previous female characters in the game. Now you know how women are seen; now you'll know the difference. This game, in my opinion, is either going to rock or going to suck. I pray it will be the former.

Final Fantasy should only have a female lead if the last boss is a dust-ghost that needs to be vacuumed up or some food that needs to be cut up to make the male characters sandwiches.

Other than that, the only good reason for the female characters to be there is their breasts.
    Stop. You're purposely trying to piss me off and you're just trolling. You don't want to go there. The others on this thread will tell you. Talk my warning and you may leave unscathed.
    Last edited by Dragon Mage; 11-19-2006 at 08:29 AM.

Look yuna was a chick infact the whole ff x-2 character play base were chicks.

Chick Chick BOOM

X-2 was an ungodly failure. it 'left people outside SE with shotguns demanding their money and 30 hours of their lives back.' X-2 is like wikipedia--you never quote it. Ever. And the characters were horrible. I mean come on--a pop singer? What the hell can she do? It's like the bard class in D&D but so much worse and much more useless. And that's saying a lot considering we're talking about bards.

Thus, the fact that the female characters in FF13 are strong and can kick ass, and won't follow the steryotypical actions of the previous FF female leads.