Thread: Help on the Dreadnought Leviathan

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Help on the Dreadnought Leviathan

Okay, so, what level were you guys on for that? I have a bad habit of rushing through games and going by very underleveled and being screwed at times for it. I'm stuck at the part right where you (SPOILER)free Ashe, and you're next to the save crystal and the moogle merchant?

After that, the alarm goes off and then god, it's horrible for me. I can hardly get through that, then the boss! My characters are at level 10 - 12, so I do think we're very underleveled. I'd level up but I'm KINDA STUCK ON THE AIRSHIP vfdgdfhdf. ;__; I think I might use those nonstop guards to level up on, and run between fighting those, and saving on the save crystal. That might work.

But anyways, what level were you on and any strategies to beat the boss? ;__;

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I'm at levels 16 for four of my characters, but that's only because I did some leveling in the Lhusu Mines before. The imperial soldiers inside the Leviathan give pretty crappy experience (compared to the skeletons, which give 90-130 experience points). If you have a save from before entering Ondore's estate, I'd recommend going back to it if you feel you need to level up. You can also use the alarm strategy, which can also give you a great chain. What level is (SPOILER)Ashe at? She came to me at level 16, though I don't know if the levels of new characters vary depending on some factor.

As for the boss...I actually have to go face him right now.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

My party were at Levels 13 (Vaan), 12 (Basch), and 14 (Ashe). (Balthier and Fran were both at Level 13, but Basch felt better for what was going on in the story, you know?)

As for strategy, I took ample advantage of that security key you acquire in one of the cells. When used at the proper terminals (which are marked on your map), you'll get a sixty-second reprieve from the alert status. Rushing from terminal to terminal as best you can will significantly cut down on the time you spend wading through hordes of Imperials.

And as for the boss, there was nothing to it. I just wailed on him with physical attacks and used Potions/Cure/First Aid appropriately; it took some time, but he went down all right. I didn't have any Quickenings at the time, but supposedly one of them will off him in no time at all, so consider that as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks! Some of my characters are very close to getting that Quickening, so I think I may get that while I level up a bit on those guards. As for the boss, I could definitely take him down if I didn't have those 3 guards attacking me while trying to get the boss. I try to eliminate the guards first, but that always screw me over. I cure a lot too, but never fast enough (which is crazy considering all of my characters have their secondary gambits being HP > 60, I think.) I think I'm just going to devote one of my weaker characters to having their gambits be completely white-mage like. I'll try all of this now. Thanks guys~

Also, (SPOILER) Ashe came to me at level 13 or 14, so I was excited about that, but she seems to be very slow.
    Last edited by Rye; 11-04-2006 at 05:25 PM.

Quickenings can be a lifesaver and make the game a heckuva lot easier once you get them down-packed. I took down the Boss on the Leviathon (someone please tell me how to mark spoilers...or what color it is? Please?) and then later on when you have to face a certain...wall, while looking for the Dawn Shard.

Oh, and I was about level 11 for the fight and killed the boss in 2 Quickening hits.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BustaMo View Post
    someone please tell me how to mark spoilers...
    [spoiler]aers dies[/spoiler]

(SPOILER)aers dies

[spoiler=Love]not real[/spoiler].

Lovenot real.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Oh, I don't know about you, but one of my characters has both potion lores.
    So, I set him as such.

1: Ally: HP<50% Potion
    2: Ally: HP<50% Cure

Since potions heal like 120 with (SPOILER)Basch, and they are so much faster than cure, I use them first.

Of course, the key to this is to have the other charcters as such:

ALLY: HP<80% Protect
    ALLY: HP<30% Cure

That way, I don't waste my potions, and my allies are amply protected.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Thanks! Some of my characters are very close to getting that Quickening, so I think I may get that while I level up a bit on those guards. As for the boss, I could definitely take him down if I didn't have those 3 guards attacking me while trying to get the boss. I try to eliminate the guards first, but that always screw me over. I cure a lot too, but never fast enough (which is crazy considering all of my characters have their secondary gambits being HP > 60, I think.) I think I'm just going to devote one of my weaker characters to having their gambits be completely white-mage like. I'll try all of this now. Thanks guys~
    Whatever you do, do NOT make your characters white mage like. It's much quicker to use items and heal manually. That's why it's good to stock up on items at the Moogle merchant. Concentrate on attacking and only heal when absolutely neccessary. (SPOILER)Vossler also tends to focus his attacks on one character at a time, so beware of that. I HIGHLY recommend you learn those Quickenings, Rye! If you can chain enough Quickenings to create the Inferno attack, you can kill the guards AND take a good chunk of (SPOILER)Vossler's HP. Also, I wouldn't recommend summoning Spoiler?Belias. He's too slow and I was dead by the time he had a chance to deal any real damage.

Hope that helps.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I beat them, thanks to the Quickening attack. Thanks a ton, guys!

Yay!

that sig will give me nightmares..
    "Reality isn't so kind. Everything doesn't work out the way you want it to. That's why... As long as you don’t get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain."

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

I'm having a tough time at this part too, Vaan, Fran, and Balthier are LVL10 with Basch and Ashe at Lvl.11. Thjis place is too haird when the alarm sounds way too many of those guards show up and I end up being killed, on my second, 3rd, 4th, and 5th try I ran away from most of them and I came to the place where you can reset the alarm, but it's only for 60 seconds and when I make it to the boss I get crushed badly. I really need some help.

Yellow Winged Angel

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    My party were at Levels 13 (Vaan), 12 (Basch), and 14 (Ashe). (Balthier and Fran were both at Level 13, but Basch felt better for what was going on in the story, you know?)
    I did that a few times. For instance, when Fran was searching for a way out of the prison I set her as the party leader just because in the actual storyline she knew where she was going. Oh, I'm so lame.

For the part with the alarm I just ran my ass off, used terminals, and then ran some more. I got out with only a few hits on me. And the boss battle was easy, just Fulminating Darkness with Basch and Feral Assault (or whatever) with Fran and he had like 1/3 of his HP left.

Your levels were about the same as mine. I actually had waaaaaaay more trouble with the fight with the Judges right before that.

Go to the terminal and reset the alarm, then run like hell through the rest of the ship. I found the boss to be pretty easy, even without Quickenings, but aero kinda hurts.

Edit: Never mind, didn't see that Rye beat it.
    Last edited by The Unknown Guru; 11-06-2006 at 12:31 AM.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Do you think I should go back since my levels are so low?

Yellow Winged Angel