Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFXI ----> FFXII

Lack of auto-run is what's getting me the most. And it's not just FFXII -- I do it with every game. I'm so used to eating in piece while auto-run does all the work, and now my food is getting cold. =(

And, being a black mage in FFXI, I'm so used to playing purely by macros that I feel completely lost in battle sometimes. Gambits are slowly starting to take care of that problem, though.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    And Tsukasa, I don't know what the hell you are on about.
    He's on something, you're right about that.
    I... give up on this forum... thread. >_>

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tsukasa, the topic of this thread is about FFXI players who have gotten so used to certain aspects of the game that those habits transfer over to FFXII, which is some aspects is very similar to FFXI. The topic was meant to be light-hearted so we could all have a giggle over how some habits are hard to break.

As for the topic title, it's FFXI followed by an arrow pointing toward FFXII which indicates the transition between the two games.

I think you got very confused about what this topic was all about. Hopefully, things are a little clearer to you now.

FFXIV Character

oh okay n_n

its just the way you worded it :]

sorta sounded like you were saying. FFXI is better then FFXII in every way lets flame?

I retract my statment ... i have played the demo for XII ... i liked it, but it was like, ok, here you go kill in this teeny tiny area ... whoohoooo alright you're done ... GAME OVER ...

I'm like thats weak! I like what i got to play but it was far to short lived. (and this was before my ps fell to peices ... and before i played XI)

But i bet the auto-run would be the toughest habbit to break as well as the lack of macros D;
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    oh okay n_n

sorta sounded like you were saying. FFXI is better then FFXII in every way lets flame?
    No, it really did not sound like she was saying that.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think he misinterpreted the arrow for a greater than sign. Anyway, let's get over this.

I want to level my weapon skills in FFXII.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

LOL ... i bet its totally different that 11 .... DAM SE !!!!!

Evil peeps !!! once you get into the swing of one of their titles ... they go and completely change everything
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

FFXIV Character

oh okay n_n

good stuff n_n"

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    oh okay n_n

I agree. Double-yew-tee-eff, Tsukasa?

Anyways, I don't get FFXII 'till 10 more days. But, I do that with other games. xD So, I understand what you're talking about.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    oh okay n_n

I agree. Double-yew-tee-eff, Tsukasa?

Anyways, I don't get FFXII 'till 10 more days. But, I do that with other games. xD So, I understand what you're talking about.
    OKAY! FOLKS, its just IMO how I saw she worded the thread "name".

Just sort of like saying that eg. Vegetables > Fruit (even though that may not be another's opinion).

That’s how I saw it.

----> = arrow
    > = greater than sign

Actually I see far more people use > as an arrow (usually discussing SCs) than use ----> as some type of greater than.

If someone wants some type of extremelly greater than they would likely use this:

FFXII >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FFXI

to express that FFXII is waaaay greater tahn FFXI... though that could still be used as an arrow commonly /shrug