Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How hard is this game?

Yeah, it all depends on how you play the game. And since there's so many options and paths to go down; everybody's going to be playing this game differently. So the difficulty level is going to rely on how the user makes decisions in the game.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

It's alot harder than VI-X-2 indeed and harder than I-V in many aspects.

I went through FFX seeing the Game Over screen only twice, so far I've seen it about 5 times in FFXII and I only just beat the (SPOILER)Garuda after travelling across the Sandsea (which I also died in, damn you Entites!)

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Hmm, so this game sounds very hard. When I've got my hands on it, I'll only be able to play it once or twice in a month, during the weekends when I'm visiting my parents... and if it's too hard, I'm going to spend most of the weekend being frustrated at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    I'd say it's probably on par with FFT so far, some battles are frustrating, but certainly nothing comparable to

Defeat Wiegraf!
    or

Step on the Floodgate Switches!
    I think the battles against Wiegraf and Velius were quite short, but they were certainly hard if you weren't prepared. I had to load an earlier save to teach Ramza Auto-Potion so that he could survive Wiegraf's attacks during their duel. I didn't think the Floodgate battle was that hard, it was just very long (took me about 45 minutes). FFT had loads of tough battles, and random battles usually took me 15-30 minutes to beat (I still leveled up really much, though), but I still don't think it was as hard as FFIV Hard Type or FFV.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

So far it's been mildly challenging. I've died a few times due to my own stupidity, but realized my errors.

OOC:I never had trouble with the floodgate switches either. Inside of Riovanes Castle, Roof of Riovanes Castle, and Gologrand Execution site though. o_o

HARD. The Rank VIII mob hunt are definitely harder than the boss you fight during the storyline, ((SPOILER)Vayne have 250000 HP, Fafnir have about 500000, Pylraster about 600000, Gilgamesh 400000, Behemoth King 700000, Carrot 350000 and Yazmat 50000000. Optional Boss: Doom Dragon/Majinryuu 8000000, Omega MK XII 12000000).

Yeah, it probably will turn out to be one of the best games just for the mere fact there is SO much to do. At first I though that the fishing and "hunting" side quests would all be gay. These Clan hunt Mark quests are freak'n awesome, and the rare game you go after, hidden Espers, Omega...I'm love'n it.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Its definitely way harder than IX through X-2, cant say about VII or VIII cuz i dont remember much of VII and i didnt play VIII...

I think what makes it hardest (for me anyway) is that it takes alot more fighting to lv up than in previous games, and so i'm always getting beat up, so i run away, meaning i'm always underleveled...nasty domino effect

And i'm always broke cuz i'm always having to buy freaking magic and techniques! >___<

ITS FAWKIN HARD!!! By far the hardest ive ever played. Its so fun but yet it pisses you off so much. How it is such sweet sorrow. An its like dell said the side bosses are harder than the main story line bosses. Im jus barley into the mob hunt an im gettin my ass whiped every time! An that usually dont happen to me with games...i usually always find sum little way to beat bosses on my first try but this game is makin me feel like a little punk..... An i shudder to think about trien to tackle the optional espers.....* gets chills*
    im to cool for sigs.

It issss hard >_< I have a harder time just with the normal enemies than bosses....especially on this stupid ship i'm on cuz all the guards gang up on me and on top of that i gotta fight Judges. Blarg! >_<

This game is so cruel to me...i like it and its addicting (just like any other FF), but it pisses me off sooo much too since i'm always being killed

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Hmm, so if you level up loads, take your time planning your party and their abilities, choose your gambits well and think carefully during the battles, should you be fine with the game?
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I haven't had any difficulty at all, with the exception of wandering places that I shouldn't.

And the guards are easy. Just set up for Ally: HP < 50% : Cure and you'll be fine.

I have that set up, but i was underleveled...but now i finally got to that save crystal, so now that all the guards are swarming me and they respawn every time i exit/re-enter the room, i'm just leveling on them ^_^ Its really not that bad...gah, but the licence board is confusing >_< I found Ashe's mist thingy, and Vaan's, but i cant find anyone else's

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, it's quite a bit less hard now that I've got a few buffs and debuffs, some quickenings, and an Esper. I have completely pwnd everything I've fought with the exception of elementals, and Ba'gamnan and his crew. Real heavy cru there.