Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tekken and Soul Calibur

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Default Tekken and Soul Calibur

Hey I was wondering if anyone plays these games here. The chance might be slim because of the fighting genre declining rapidly. Tekken and Soul Calibur are the best two fighting games there are made by Namco. Both Soul Calibur and Tekken 5 are highly addicting in gameplay with both of them offering lots of customization for your characters. Between the two I would have to say that I like Tekken 5 better. I guess it's because I've been playing Tekken longer than I have Soul Calibur. Both of these games could give more detail in the characters' stories Soul Calibur only gives slightly more other than that they're almost perfect

Yellow Winged Angel

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm a big Tekken fan, as anyone who has been to an EoFF meetup will tell you. I'm good with Steve and Hwoarang.

I've played a little bit of SC, and to me it just seemed to be a cheap copy of Tekken but with weapons, which doesn't really appeal to me.

I beat Psy at Tekken.

~##

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Soul Calibur II is the single most entertaining 3D fighter ever. I'll rock your face off with Talim. <3

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Nod View Post
    I beat Psy at Tekken.
    I'm not Zorander, although sometimes I'd like to be. I think the only EoFFer who has ever beaten me is boris no no, although I've beaten her just as many times.

I've played:

soul cailbur 2
    soul cailbur 3
    tekken 2
    tekken 4
    tekken 5
    tekken tag team

over all, I like soul cailbur much more than Tekken cause I like the origionallity in the characters as the characters in tekken almost always felt the same to me.

*edit* grammer nightmare
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

I was once a fan of both, but not so much Soul Caliber anymore. The third game killed it for me. But Tekken has always wowed me, I feel a special connection to Tekken as I was playing it from day one, and have played every game on the day of release oddly. The same could be said for Soul Caliber I suppose, but I dont play that half as much as Tekken. At the moment Im whoring Tekken DR for the PSP, the game has upped the standards to what 3D fighting games on a handheld should be. And playing Tekken is almost standard whenever I get the chance to go to an arcade.

I will buy Tekken 6, probably not on release as I probably wont have a PS3 by then, but eventually. Soul Caliber 4 can pass, unless the series can drastically move from its roots in the next installment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Phantom View Post
    over all, I like soul cailbur much more than Tekken cause I like the origionallity in the characters as the characters in tekken almost always felt the same to me.
    I hate it when people use this against Tekken. The same is with most fighters, especially Soul Caliber.

I've played every Tekken! I absolutely love it, however the only Soul Calibur game I have ever played is 2.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    I hate it when people use this against Tekken. The same is with most fighters, especially Soul Caliber.
    at least the characters in Soul Caliber have different weapons, opening up different optunities for combos. In tekken everyone is bare hand fighting , except for yosmitsu (or however you spell his name), so their attacks usually look and feel the same.
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

I adore Tekken. It was the first beat em up I ever played and I have become very fond of it. I'd have to say Jin Kazama, Ling Xiaoyu, Paul Phoenix, Bryan Fury and Hwoarang are my fav characters.

They're sadly making a movie about it ...
    Tekken

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post
    at least the characters in Soul Caliber have different weapons, opening up different optunities for combos. In tekken everyone is bare hand fighting , except for yosmitsu (or however you spell his name), so their attacks usually look and feel the same.
    They're not each person are different in speed and strenght like Jack 5 for example is slow but causes heavy blows. Steve is a boxer so he can only punch, and also he's much more agile than other characters, has way more dodge moves. Back to my point.

I recently have noticed some connection storywise and character-wise between the two. Siegfried is cursed by the blade of Soul Edge and became Nightmare. In 3 his body split from Nightmare, but he didn't totally lose the curse as you have seen in the opening movie when his hand turns monstrous. What does this have to do with Tekken, well it might lead to the begginning of the relationship[ of the devil gene associated with Jin, Jinpachi, and Kazuya. I have no idea why Heihachi isn't affected by the devil gene while his son, grandson, and father are. In result Siegfried might be the decendant of the Mishima family eventhough Siegfried's English and the Mishimas are Japanese.
    Cassandra and Sophitia two Roman sisters; Nina and Anna tow sisters. Coincidence maybe, but the pair are opposite, Sophitia and Cassandra get along together while Nina and Anna try to blast each other away with rocket launchers.

Yellow Winged Angel

In alot of case there weapons arent different.

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    Tekken
    And its being directed by Charles Stone III, a god awful director. After watching two of his movies, Drumline and Mr.3000. Its safe to say the Tekken movie will suck.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think there was an anime of some sort made based on Tekken a while back. I rented something that wouldn't play a few years ago and I think that's what it was...

I love Tekken!!!
    I'm best with
    Nina
    Anna
    Xiaoyu
    Asuka
    (ya, I was nine when I started, I believed in the whole girl-power thingy)
    Law
    Gon (again, I was nine and he farts, so...)
    some other people

I'm also seem to have better luck with unfamiliar characters when using Mokujin. (I love Mokujin)
    ...of course button mashing works too.

Have any of you tried playing with a DDR mat?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1 View Post
    I think there was an anime of some sort made based on Tekken a while back. I rented something that wouldn't play a few years ago and I think that's what it was...
    Yeah there was a Tekken anime, never seen it myself.

I havent played Tekken: Dark Resurection ofr the PSP yet. Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~ View Post
    I adore Tekken. It was the first beat em up I ever played and I have become very fond of it. I'd have to say Jin Kazama, Ling Xiaoyu, Paul Phoenix, Bryan Fury and Hwoarang are my fav characters.

Tekken
    Why will it be sad, according to my previous post Tekken has a good storyline for it that could make a good movie. The Mortal Kombat moview were fun to watch, but not that intruiguing. It really depends who puts this movie together if it can be good, but the way which Tekken is the movie based off, because I can't see it being made ofr the original because the original had no story, it was just fight fight!

Yellow Winged Angel