Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tekken and Soul Calibur

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1 View Post
    I think there was an anime of some sort made based on Tekken a while back. I rented something that wouldn't play a few years ago and I think that's what it was...
    The Tekken anime was pretty bad. It has some decent fights in it, but these were affected by the poor animation, bad dub and a story that went downhill from the get go.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~ View Post
    I havent played Tekken: Dark Resurection ofr the PSP yet. Is it any good?
    Well, its Tekken on a handheld, just imagine it like that. Not like the crap on the GBA, it plays like the real deal. I'd second the game only to Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max and Guilty Gear Judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz' View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~ View Post
    I adore Tekken. It was the first beat em up I ever played and I have become very fond of it. I'd have to say Jin Kazama, Ling Xiaoyu, Paul Phoenix, Bryan Fury and Hwoarang are my fav characters.

They're sadly making a movie about it ...
    Tekken
    Why will it be sad, according to my previous post Tekken has a good storyline for it that could make a good movie. The Mortal Kombat moview were fun to watch, but not that intruiguing. It really depends who puts this movie together if it can be good, but the way which Tekken is the movie based off, because I can't see it being made ofr the original because the original had no story, it was just fight fight!
    Its sad because Hollywood are just putting classic games ont the big screen and personally they have all sucked. So to me its sad because Im a Tekken fan.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

I see Soul Calibur as a prequel to Tekken. By the way since Yoshimitsu's in both is he like 300 years old!? It's possible as we don't even know if Yoshimitsu's a human.

Yellow Winged Angel

There are several connections between the two, actually. Hwoa... Haow.... Bob and Yunsung are likely related. They're both Korean, they have that same fiery hair, similar fighting style (lots of kicks), same attitude, etc. Yoshimitsu in SC is the founder of Yoshimitsu in Tekken's clan. Some people thing that Xiaoyu might be a descendant of Xianghua, but it seems like a bit of a stretch.

Soul Calibur > Joel

ok...ok I guess I have to admit it...the main reason why I hate tekken soo much is the fact that I COMPLETELY SUCK AT IT...

there happy now, if anyone wants to rub it in...you better acquire a taste for lead.
    If I had a nickel everytime someone asked a stupid question I'd be rich and wouldn't waste my time on these stupid forums

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness View Post
    There are several connections between the two, actually. Hwoa... Haow.... Bob and Yunsung are likely related. They're both Korean, they have that same fiery hair, similar fighting style (lots of kicks), same attitude, etc. Yoshimitsu in SC is the founder of Yoshimitsu in Tekken's clan. Some people thing that Xiaoyu might be a descendant of Xianghua, but it seems like a bit of a stretch.

Soul Calibur > Joel
    Its likely these connections are just down to the fact that its made by the same company. Idea's run thin when you make so many games.

I see similarities between the two series, but I dont think in no way they are connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz View Post

Soul Calibur > Joel
    Its likely these connections are just down to the fact that its made by the same company. Idea's run thin when you make so many games.

I see similarities between the two series, but I dont think in no way they are connected.
    Well, they ARE connected by Yoshimitsu. That's been confirmed. The rest is just speculation.

Soul Calibur > Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
    I recently have noticed some connection storywise and character-wise between the two. Siegfried is cursed by the blade of Soul Edge and became Nightmare. In 3 his body split from Nightmare, but he didn't totally lose the curse as you have seen in the opening movie when his hand turns monstrous. What does this have to do with Tekken, well it might lead to the begginning of the relationship[ of the devil gene associated with Jin, Jinpachi, and Kazuya. I have no idea why Heihachi isn't affected by the devil gene while his son, grandson, and father are. In result Siegfried might be the decendant of the Mishima family eventhough Siegfried's English and the Mishimas are Japanese.
    Cassandra and Sophitia two Roman sisters; Nina and Anna tow sisters. Coincidence maybe, but the pair are opposite, Sophitia and Cassandra get along together while Nina and Anna try to blast each other away with rocket launchers.
    Come on, now that fits almost too perfectly together.
    Last edited by Ashley Schovitz; 11-06-2006 at 11:51 PM.

Yellow Winged Angel

That hand thing from the opening movie of SCIII is all in his head.

it would've been cool if SC had some animal characters too, Tekken has plenty, Kuma, Panda, Roger, and Gon. Mokujin's pretty funny too eventhough he's not an animal.
    Oh and Roto 13 from your speculation from Yoshimitsu, were you saying that the Yoshi in SC is acompletely different person from the one whose the Manji clan leader in Tekken? I'm still wondering if Yoshimitsu's human, no can't be no human would dare fight like that.

Yellow Winged Angel

The Yoshimitsu in SC is human, and long dead. I'm not sure about Tekken Yoshimitsu. Yoshimitsu is a title in Tekken, not a name, if I recall.

The Yoshimitsu in SC is human, and long dead. I'm not sure about Tekken Yoshimitsu.
    Yoshimitsu is apparantly a robot according to the manual's.

I saw that link for Tekken movie and I saw the entire cast, she's right it is going to suck. Bruce Willis as Paul, Vivica A. Fox as Christie, and Kevin Nash as king!? That's hilarious!

Yellow Winged Angel

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Soul Calibur > All.

^^^ MILF knows the score.

The Yoshimitsu in SC is human, and long dead. I'm not sure about Tekken Yoshimitsu.
    Yoshimitsu is apparantly a robot according to the manual's.
    I think he was an alien at one point but they... changed it... or something.