Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: -ga type magic families (also includes Astral Flows).

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Default -ga type magic families (also includes Astral Flows).

Favourite one?

Banishga, Banishga II
    Curaga I-IV
    Diaga
    Stonega, Stonega II, Stonega III
    Waterga, Waterga II, Waterga III
    Aeroga, Aeroga II, Aeroga III
    Poisonga
    Firaga, Firaga II, Firaga III
    Sleepga
    Blizzaga, Blizzaga II, Blizzaga III
    Thundaga, Thundaga II, Thundaga III
    Carbuncle: Shearing Light
    Shiva: Diamond Dust
    Ifrit: Inferno
    Ramuh: Judgement Bolt
    Titan: Rage of the Earth
    Leviathan: Tsunami
    Garuda: Aerial Blast
    Fenrir: Howling Moon
    ps: please correct me if I have made any mistakes/missed any?

Default wow ... What A Twist

I like Curaga I-IV .... Beccause i don't get it on my Rdm .... and it would be sweet to have ....

And i love Firaga ... (Fuego ... lol) and blizzaga
    Those are my fav spells

:bigbiggri

(although if i were use'n my Smn more i'd probly go with Ramuh's Judgement bolt. Looks real cool)
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

Firaga III is my favorite, but in general I think aga nukes are a waste in XI. I don't know what SE was thinking. We don't EXP on hoards like in past FF's - when a blm's specialty was hitting all 2-9 mobs at once. Farming with aga spells (and maybe AOE in general) was nerfed by SE long ago. What's left? A quite MP inefficient nuke for MB only when the coast is clear? Tier IV single targets and AM II all the way. I don't use agas anymore.

I agree, ga spells in XI aren't that great. I still think they look cool though. its great for farmin' if you have like a group of crawlers or yags you can take them out with some blizzaga. but they need to be weaklings because it doesn't work so well when they are EM's and up >.<

Esp when they're like lvl 40+ and you're tryin' to kill them with reg ole' blizzaga rather than say blizzaga II or III
    Chuck Noblet: Can anyone tell me the tragic irony of the Trojan War? Tina? Tina: Um, that horses are friendly creatures yet a hollow, wooden one was used to destroy Troy? Chuck Noblet: Wrong and no. Anyone else? Chip? Chip: That the mighty warrior Achilles was killed by a small cut to his ankle. Chuck Noblet: Chip is wronger. OK, here it is. The tragic irony of the Trojan War is that though it was fought over Helen, who was young and beautiful, by the time they rescued her ten years later, she was old and ugly. Tina: But wasn't recovering the king's wife reward enough for the Greeks? Chuck Noblet: Tina, an ugly woman is never a reward.

FFXIV Character

I like the concept of Mass farming grouped lowbie monsters...

It has been nerfed long ago so that when you kll en-masse, that you wont get as many drops as if you hit them one on one because before BLMs farmed that way and no one else can farm on the monsters.

In a way many things in FFXI seems to be poorly thought out(like certain stronger WSs doing crappy damage..but looking cool), and -ga is one of them...the only real useful ones are like Sleepga and etc...but otherwise its a more situational use...like manaburns/BLMonly BCs/coast clear. But the MP cost is quite prohibitive at times..or Stonega II..why is that so hard to get? Dx

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

D:
    I have no idea :3

I will have to check Stonega II's Price out.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Diaga/Poisonga kills shadows on nin-type mobs for almost no MP cost.

*win*

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Aga's are generally more powerful on MB's than single targets up until 70's. This does not include AM.

Thundaga III ftw.

-gas are typically more MP intensive though. Depends on the party and camp...but they are way limited.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post

*win*

I cant wait to get my PC back and grind my way up to Poisonga!

then eventually... (I think... I dont know what level its leart at >_>) I will be able to use My fave -ga with a neat -ga that has a related-ish effect.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post

*win*

then eventually... (I think... I dont know what level its leart at >_>) I will be able to use My fave -ga with a neat -ga that has a related-ish effect.
    For what job?

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post

*win*

For what job?
    wow I should learn how to spell..

WHM/BLM

I have my WHM at 18 and my BLM at 16... And Poisonga is learnt at 24 … So yes!

I will be able to eventually use both in one battle ! level 48/24.

edit: Alternatively at level 32/16 as a BLM/WHM...

Quote Originally Posted by Lionx View Post
    It has been nerfed long ago so that when you kll en-masse, that you wont get as many drops as if you hit them one on one because before BLMs farmed that way and no one else can farm on the monsters.

In a way many things in FFXI seems to be poorly thought out(like certain stronger WSs doing crappy damage..but looking cool), and -ga is one of them...the only real useful ones are like Sleepga and etc...but otherwise its a more situational use...like manaburns/BLMonly BCs/coast clear. But the MP cost is quite prohibitive at times..or Stonega II..why is that so hard to get? Dx
    Do you think maybe SE thought we'd exp on clumps of EPs? I mean, no FF before or after has had the player's party grinding on what amounts to "boss battles". A lengthy battle against a threatening single mob was a plot battle in single player FFs. If SE intended to take their offline FFs into the multiplayer online mode, they must've been surprised at the direction the players took. A lot of SE's decisions make perfect sense in a "Final Fantasy" perspective, but are complete nonsense in a powergaming standpoint. It's only on the VT-IT perspective do a lot of the game's features lose their merit. Aga spells? Warriors being a master of many weapons? Rdms being a viable jack of all trades? All these work if you play XI in a single player mindset. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), it's not the mindset that really brings results.