Thread: intelligence

Default intelligence

ok I just started playing final fantasy 2.

someone in my party is losing intelligence almost every other battle. sometimes it goes down even if I use black magic, and this has been kinda annoying me since the person who uses black magic the most now has less intelligence then she started the game off at. why am I losing intelligence so fast?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Intelligence goes down as your Strength goes up (or technically as you use physical attacks). To avoid Intelligence going down;

1: Don't use physical attacks
    2: Equip "lighter" weapons such as Knives or Staves, or better yet just go Unarmed
    3: Equip "lighter" armours. To find out how heavy an armour is see how much it decreases your Evasion/Agility. The bigger the dip the heavier the armour
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

As a rule, if you have a black magic caster, that character should NEVER swing a weapon. If you want to put something in his/her arms, put shields there because Agility will go up just because they're there.

The game mechanics are formed this way so you cannot have a Fighter/Mage character. Unfortunately, it really rules out any possibility for a red mage. Sorry.

Keep in mind that your Strength will go down as your Spirit goes up, so it's also difficult to have a strong Fighter/Healer too.

But again, just have your magic user never use a weapon, and the Intelligence will skyrocket. (And the Vitality will plummet, consequently)

awesome. thanks for the help.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    Unfortunately, it really rules out any possibility for a red mage. Sorry.
    Not entirely true. The purpose of a Red Mage in FF games is to do some of everything, but not as well as those who specialize in it. As long as you're willing to have one character with lower output than the rest, you can have a Red Mage. That said, I can't figure out why you'd want that.