Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Question about Jobs...

Quote Originally Posted by undnce View Post
    Ok, so that makes sense, when switching jobs, you keep the same stat levels (although they may be moved around) but u have a penalty that lasts for 2-8 battles?
    Well, in addition to changing to the job, you get a fixed bonus besides the points per level like I explained earlier. (Let's say, x class gets +5 Str)

You lose out on this fixed bonus for 2-8 battles. Early on in the game, 5 str would make a huge difference, so you may struggle a bit for said 2-8 battles. But later on in the game when you have like, 50 Str, it's not that noticable. =P

Oh, that's good. Did the original FFIII have this many jobs?
    [leeza]This is over the 50 kb filesize limit. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by undnce View Post
    Oh, that's good. Did the original FFIII have this many jobs?
    It has the same amount

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Actually the DS version has an additional class when you start out, being the Freelancer. The Onion Knight is gained later on as a class all unto itself.

To clarify this (because we're going around the houses here), every class has a set of fixed bonuses based on the character level. In other words, a Level 30 Black Mage will have exactly the same stats (baring Crystal sickness) as another Level 30 Black Mage, regardless of whether or not the job was recently taken, been used for a long time etc. So really, in terms of your base stats, only your Job and Level matter. However, each job also has a mastery associated with it. As this increases it will also increase the potency of your attacks, both physical and magic. So a person with a Class Level 20 Knight would do more damage at the same level with the same equipment than someone who had just recently switched classes.

EDIT: The one exception to this rule (at least in the NES version) was that your HP growth was based on the class you had selected when you levelled up. So characters who primarily use mages throughout the game will have noticeably lower HP than melee characters.
    Last edited by Captain Maxx Power; 11-08-2006 at 06:49 PM.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

errr... I think it'll be easier to just figure it all out when I get it...
    [leeza]This is over the 50 kb filesize limit. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Question, the only FF game i ever played with the job system (si fsar) was FFTA.

now, do the classes get skills? OR is it just the Stats that are being used?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All the classes have skills unique to them, and many of the upgraded classes will have new abilities beyond the typical 'Defend' and such like they had last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power

EDIT: The one exception to this rule (at least in the NES version) was that your HP growth was based on the class you had selected when you levelled up. So characters who primarily use mages throughout the game will have noticeably lower HP than melee characters.
    No more Monk HP-shenanigans. :/

Quote Originally Posted by NINJA_Ryu View Post
    Question, the only FF game i ever played with the job system (si fsar) was FFTA.

now, do the classes get skills? OR is it just the Stats that are being used?
    For a further breakdown of skills;
    http://na.square-enix.com/ff3/

For a further analysis of stats;
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/f...asy_iii_ds.txt (you'll have to paste in the url after following the link)
    Use the find feature and enter:
    2. Class Evaluations

This will take you to another review of the classes and their stats.

Neither of the above sites have the Onion Swordsman, though.

Classes simply get a fitting colour Magic and/or a Skill as mentioned.
    Last edited by Lunadis; 11-12-2006 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    All the classes have skills unique to them, and many of the upgraded classes will have new abilities beyond the typical 'Defend' and such like they had last time.
    Would it be apt to compare it to FFV Job/Ability system?
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not really, as in FFV and on you could mix-and-match Jobs/abilities. In FFIII, some Jobs just had abilities unique to them. In FFIIIDS, since all the jobs are rebunked, some jobs that had rather useless abilities before (Sing comes to mind) will now be more useful, and jobs that didn't really have any abilities before have an unique ability.

The Bard in particular now appears to be really broken.

I didn't care much for the Bard in NES version.

If I remember correctly, the NES version has a few job classes that don't even have the "Run" option in their battle commands. I wonder if they fixed that so that all characters had the option to run.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I sure hope so! O_o;

Blog Entries

Why? If you're going to run, use a Thief. The escape command settles the issue there.

Personally, considering FFIV, it'd be a little refreshing to see a Bard who doesn't run or hide or do anything cowardly but actually stands firmly behind his retarded theory that the evil minions of chaos can be fought and defeated with the power of music.

If it wasn't so dumbass, it'd be a beautiful representation of faith in what you believe in, and the true great power of personal art and how it manifests itself to ease the strife of the world.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Uh, okay, but I would hope they gave every class the ability to haul behind.

For an example of the amazing uber-powerz of the Bard's newest incarnation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlsG7g8xDbE

Everyone in Final Fantasy III DS can run.

You get the commands of;

Fight
    *Class Exclusive Command* (Two may apply if the class can also cast)
    Defend
    Item
    Equip
    Change (Row command)
    Run

But yes, no one runs better than the thief.