Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Question about Jobs...

I dunno, black mage is pretty good at it too :P

I went ot look at the jobs, and i have to say im impressed! Black Knight, Black Belt, Magus, Summoner ftw ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    Why? If you're going to run, use a Thief. The escape command settles the issue there.
    It's only available if I have a Thief in my party, which I probably will for some time, but not the entirity of the game.

I'm just saying that it is possible and too brainwracking to make a party in FF3 that is totally incapable of running from a fight if you want them to. I'm not saying they should give everyone the thief's "Escape" command, I'm saying they should give everyone the "Run" command, or maybe make it like later FF games where you hold the top buttons and they take off, rather than inputting a "run" command. But I guess the holding of the buttons to run only works in battle systems where enemies can attack you while you're just sitting there with your command box open. I think it's called ATB or something.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

if you press the L and R buttons, its the same as telling the character to run, so instead of having to go down through the list to run, you can just hit L and R

I'm ignoring all the other posts just because I read one that was wrong somthing about 4 level ups being useless... level ups are not useless, I'm pretty sure they level up the same regardless of jobs while class level ups are strictly for job stats,
    so switching all your characters to viking might weaken them a little but they would eventually become just as good once you got the job to the same level as thier more mastered class.

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor View Post
    It's only available if I have a Thief in my party, which I probably will for some time, but not the entirity of the game.

I'm just saying that it is possible and too brainwracking to make a party in FF3 that is totally incapable of running from a fight if you want them to. I'm not saying they should give everyone the thief's "Escape" command, I'm saying they should give everyone the "Run" command, or maybe make it like later FF games where you hold the top buttons and they take off, rather than inputting a "run" command. But I guess the holding of the buttons to run only works in battle systems where enemies can attack you while you're just sitting there with your command box open. I think it's called ATB or something.
    I am pretty sure every class has the run command

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

OK, I'm pretty new to this game, and I never played the Famicom version because I don't like Demi, so you'll have to bear with me.

From what I'm seeing here, there's no penalty to switching jobs as much as you want other than the brief "weak" period (which is easy to get around by changing jobs in an area where the mobs are weak or changing one job at a time.)

However, there are character levels and job levels; If changing jobs is penalty-free aside from the weak period, then doesn't that make the job levels themselves useless? I'm certain there must be a downside to frequent job changes that I'm not seeing here.

Well, I'm not sure if there is much of a difference from a level 30 knight and a level 5 knight. But one penalty for not keeping the same class (for mages anyway), is spell effectiveness.

Before I found out that changing jobs to make sure everyone has a nice magic defense was pretty much useless, I found out that my white mage (level 30ish), was healing more with a regular cure than a level one white mage. (The difference was around 100-200 hp). for 30 levels, thats probably not saying much, but maybe if I used something like curaja, there would be a bigger difference.

Also, for spellcasters, the higher job level means more spell casting.

For fighters, I'm not sure but maybe the higher the job level, the more times they swing their weapon? I had a viking that swung his weapon around 10 durring their attack. (yes, i switched this one to be a mage). Then, with my original white mage, I changed him into a viking. (not really neccesary to say, but at the time, vikings had better weapons for me). This new guy only swung his weapon around 5 times per turn.