Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFV Advance

Default FFV Advance

i just orderd the game from ebgames pretty excited i got the guide to so how is it???? give me details

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

We're all too busy with FFXII to give a damn. <3

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm only excited about ToA/FFIII/playing FFXII at the moment, but I will have to buy FFV Advance eventually.

I have only played a little bit of it but so far it seems to be good. Way better than Final Fantasy IV Advanced. Not as buggy.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Read my reviews of FF V Advance in the topics below. The game's great and I wouldn't allow XII or III DS to take away time to play this game.

i am waiting for this game even more than FFXII but square are anti-european twats and haven't even announced a release date yet.

I want to purchase FF V Advance, but I'm too busy with FF XI, XII, and Tales of the Abyss. I will buy it eventually though

I have played(and beaten)the Playstation version and it is a very fun game to play. The job system will get you hooked

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

God I hate the character Portraits. Faris should have purple hair in the portrait.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker View Post
    God I hate the character Portraits. Faris should have purple hair in the portrait.
    Wrong, Faris' sprite should have had blonde hair. Amano's artwork came before the sprites were made. So there. Now that I'm playing this english ROM, I find the character portraits really great and welcome. But oh, let's all whine while we know that won't change anything and certainly not because the game's already out! *Sigh* It's always something. What are we all gonna complain about when FF VI Advance arrives? Guess we have to wait and see. i'm sure we'll find something.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by corncracker View Post
    Wrong, Faris' sprite should have had blonde hair. Amano's artwork came before the sprites were made. So there. Now that I'm playing this english ROM, I find the character portraits really great and welcome. But oh, let's all whine while we know that won't change anything and certainly not because the game's already out! *Sigh* It's always something. What are we all gonna complain about when FF VI Advance arrives? Guess we have to wait and see. i'm sure we'll find something.
    Well if Amano had drawn his character right there wouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo View Post
    Even if she looked that way in the original art, putting character portraits into the game that look almost nothing like the sprites they are associated with is an incredibly stupid move.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I can't say anything about FFVA yet, but FFV was a good game with a really enjoyable battle system, and a pretty good story and characters. The job/ability system is the highlight of the game, really. I probably won't be playing the game for a while, though, as I have other things to do.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Blog Entries

I got the game. It's damn good, and well translated from the original Japanese game.

It has more of the Playstation version's translation, but the battle quotes and Faris's dialogue aren't ad-libbed or improvised like in that version. Faris no longer talks like a pirate, but seems to talk with sort of a Scottish dialect now. O.o;;

Some of the spell names are translated differently than the PS version too, like Scan being called Libra (it was called Libra in the Japanese game), and the elemental spell names are no longer Fire, Fire 2, Fire 3, etc.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten as far into the English version of Advance yet as I have in the Japanese version, so I'm working on that now.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Astronite View Post
    ad-libbed or improvised
    What.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Astronite, does that mean the English version of FFVA has already been released?
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi