Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I almost got eaten by a shark

Default I almost got eaten by a shark

No joke! I was off the coast doing a little snorklin' (it's never that busy at this time of year) when I saw something at a distance. Now, my eyes weren't really that great, but I was wearing my perscription goggles. I thought what I saw was a fin, so I asked my bud Pete what he thought it was (his eyes are better). He said a fin, so we were like, shoot, this must be some kid playing a joke (we weren't really <i>that</i> far off shore), or maybe a dolphin or something. We didn't really think much of it. Then the fin came closer and I started getting scared. It was coming towards us. Pete tried to look underwater to see what it was down there but the water was too groggy (damn polluters) to see anything. In hindsight we should have just calmly swam back to our boat but who the hell acts calmly when a shark is coming at you? I almost crapped my wetsuit, and trust me, those things are so tight that it would not be pretty. We were frantically trying to get back to the boat, when I cut my leg on a piece of coral or something. I don't even know what it was. I was like, crap, now we're chumming the damn thing. We weren't looking back anymore, just trying to get to the boat.

That brings me to my question, or topic, have you ever been in a frightful life or death situation?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You're the best, Jigsaw <3

I almost ran into a car last week. As much as I panicked when I slammed the breaks, the other guy made a much goofier face than I'd imagine I did. But yeah it would've totally been my fault for not paying attention.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

wtp. perscription goggles?

Uh, no. I've never been that close to death. Glad you made it through though!

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

I got shut in the frezzer for like 10 mins. Thank god i had a think jacket!

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

I seriously doubt that the shark was goung to eat you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_Emblem776 View Post
    I got shut in the frezzer for like 10 mins. Thank god i had a think jacket!
    How the hell did you get stuck in a freezer?

Steel Magnolias.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It must have been a big industrial freezer like in a restaurant or cafeteria.

That's a pretty freaky story, about the shark. My boyfriend has a similar one about man o war jellyfishes. I'm glad I don't swim good.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

My cousin had a close encounter with a shark. But he kicked it in the nose and it swam away. Left a big gash on the bottom of his foot though.

But, no, I've never been close to death.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post

That's a pretty freaky story, about the shark. My boyfriend has a similar one about man o war jellyfishes. I'm glad I don't swim good.
    Wait, you're glad you wouldn't be able to get away from a shark? Or did I interpret that wrong?

And, yes...man o' war jellyfish...giant buggers with 165 foot long tentacles...and they're not even jellyfish...

Warning: If you don't like slightly sickening stories, please don't read what's below this sentence.

Anyway, I've heard of a guy who worked deep underneath the sea for a company. He used a giant water heating hose to keep himself warm. One day, a jellyfish accidentally got pumped into the back of his wetsuit. Not knowing what happened, he began to scratch his rear end because it itched. He managed to get it out.

To add insult to injury, when he reported the incident to his superiors, it was difficult to know what he was supposed to do, because his boss, along with a few other divers, were all laughing hysterically at him, along with the medic who gave him medicine to relieve the injury, which made him unable to go to the bathroom for a week.

Hey, wait a second, wasn't this posted months ago?

Anyway, as for my death-defying experiences, first, I was born five weeks premature. Then I got meningitis as an infant. Also, there was a time where a desk fell off a shelf at a store and crushed me when I was only 2. Luckily, I only suffered a broken collarbone.

Blog Entries

When I was 1 year old, I was sitting on kitchen table at my parents store. I fell off. That probably would have killed me, if it wasn't for that man that caught me. I thank that man so much.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Wait, you're glad you wouldn't be able to get away from a shark? Or did I interpret that wrong?
    I was assuming it meant she has an excuse to stay out of the water.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What I meant was I'm glad I'm such a terrible swimmer that I never would have gone snorkling.

Yay DarkLadyNyara for beating me to the punch! xD

Signature by rubah. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post

Yes it was. It was for a store, i was stocking, and it shut -_-

Blog Entries

I drove off a 50 ft cliff once. Smashed up the car, and rolled down a hill.

Luckily, I was wearing my seatbelt, but that's not what saved me. You see, I was about to roll into a rushing river, that would have surely spelt out my demise (rivers in maountain country, icy cold, full of rocky crags and drops and other forms of death... Survival = No Way).

Ironically, there was this fragile little chain link fence along the river wall, and, despite the momentum of my rolling, plummetting vehicle, it held me back, and saved me from icy wet death.

I've also been in those walk in freezers, but for over half an hour and with no jackets or nothing.
    I would claim superpowers, but I was working really hard, so I imagine that my body was simply producing a ton of heat which kept me going.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    I drove off a 50 ft cliff once. Smashed up the car, and rolled down a hill.

Luckily, I was wearing my seatbelt, but that's not what saved me. You see, I was about to roll into a rushing river, that would have surely spelt out my demise (rivers in maountain country, icy cold, full of rocky crags and drops and other forms of death... Survival = No Way).

Ironically, there was this fragile little chain link fence along the river wall, and, despite the momentum of my rolling, plummetting vehicle, it held me back, and saved me from icy wet death.

I've also been in those walk in freezers, but for over half an hour and with no jackets or nothing.
    I would claim superpowers, but I was working really hard, so I imagine that my body was simply producing a ton of heat which kept me going.
    Wow that incredible! But why did you drive off a cliff