3 15.00%
  • Other(please specify)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Main Character

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Default Favorite Main Character

The counterpart to my other thread. Who is your favorite main FFII character? (This is not about their usefulness-or lack therof- it's about them as a character.) Try to give reasons for your choice.

If you don't know who mine is, you haven't been paying attention...

Blog Entries

Alright. My favorite characters are Minh and Guy.

I like Guy because, well, he's definately the coolest character of the mains.
    First of all, he doesn't fall into any sappy love triangles or relationship garbage.
    He is Guy. he is the embodiment of the FF1-3 hero. He takes more hits from the enemies, he dishes out damage like a monster, and when the going gets tough, he can talk to even the animals to make his way through. There's no baloney with Guy, and he's keepin' it real in a world of Fantasy.
    So I like him.

But, even more than Guy, my favorite character is Minh.

This guy is just awesome. He has, like level 7 LIFE. Do you know what that means? This guy has resurrected 700 dead guys, healed 800. He's cast protection spells and safety spells- I swear this dude must have been a one man back up to the entire military force.
    He's assistant to the king and queen, the best of the best, and, by the time I'M through with him, he can swing a club like a champion too.

And anybody who can club you to death and then bring you back to life is a badass in my book.

But that ain't all. He has a chance to totally show up the kids who are saving the world, and ally with them, but he's so awesome that he's got other plans. He doesn't need the help of 3 bastard children. He thinks on his own. He decides, "Hell, I'm just going to go and get Ultima and end this clown and donkey show.

Ironically, it cost him his life. And nobody could revive him, this man who'se saved thousands of lives.
    His life puts the entire history of heroes of mankind to shame. Especially since we all know what use the kids used Ultima (sucks)

Martyr, you said everything I was thinking about Minwu, and stated it a lot better than I could have.

Richard is an awesome Dragoon, so my vote goes to him

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like guy and lionhe, because they are much better looking than frioniel.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Although Richard and Layla were pretty good side characters, I still think Lionheart was my favorite character. He didn't have that much personality, but he was the (SPOILER)Darth Vader wannabe character of the group, he's pretty cool and he seemed like a quick learner. I mean, his stats improved pretty quickly when I was training him for the final dungeon.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

I gotta say that my favorite main character in FF... Well, let me rephrase that. It's a two-way tie.

1.) Firion
    ~What's not to like about him? Really, as a character, this guy's a rather stable and capable individual. Sure, he's a rebel army reject like the rest of them, but I can really find nothing to hate about him. He doesn't stand out, but has a subtle stlye to him. That is, compared to the likes of other Final Fantasy heroes. Besides, the scene with him and Lamia Queen is just plain priceless. *lol*

2.) Guy
    ~First off, every time one encounters a chatacter named GUY, I've come to find that 100% of the time, the character is just plain awesome; The notable examples being Tales of the Abyss and Street Fighter Zero/Alpha. If you disagree, this one line will say it all...

"Guy speak beaver."
    "Rules, much like bones, are made to be BROKEN. So long as they aren't your own, that is."

I'd have to say Mindu since he's the only charactar that believes in Firion, Maria, and Gus from the very beginning.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades View Post
    Richard is an awesome Dragoon, so my vote goes to him
    QFT

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's got to be Ming-Wu and Leila, since you let me pick more than one option.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    It's got to be Ming-Wu and Leila, since you let me pick more than one option.
    Reasons?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, I'm sorry Nyara. xD

Well, Ming-wu is just plain awesome. He comes to help you and you're all weak and he has all these nifty spells (most of which you'll never use, but still), and you're all 'O_O'.

And his [/spoiler] death scene is pretty neat, with Ultima and everything. Unfortunately, it turns out it wasn't that much of a helpful spell...[/spoiler]

Leila's the precursor to Faris in FFV, my favorite character in that game. She's pretty awesome too, and she attacks with daggers! What more do you need? And she has a Thunder attack to fry the many watery monsters you'll encounter when you use her boat.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

I presume Gareth is Ricard in the other versions of this game, so I'd say Ricard
    ...Geddit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart's Friend Milhouse View Post
    I presume Gareth is Ricard in the other versions of this game, so I'd say Ricard
    Again, kindly explain why.

And to avoid being a hypocrite- I like the Emperor mainly because he is an absolute bastard. I have a general fondness for villans.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Because Gareth was a fourth party member you acquire after Leila. I didn't find him on the list and I don't remeber anyone named Ricard so I assumed Ricard was Gareth. Simple
    ...Geddit?