Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Go sit in the back with the other slow kids

Default Go sit in the back with the other slow kids

Vaan, Fran, and Basche (or however it's spelled) are at level 25, Balthier is at level 9, and Ashe and Penelo are at level 13. Should I bother to build up those weaker characters? Will I ever need to use them? Don't spoil anything! :P

I only bothered with three of them and I never had any problems. But other people seem intent on keeping them all equal, so I'm just a crazy hobo with my crazy advice.

Back in the day when I played Pokemon, I only ever used one of them. I don't need to keep everyone equal. :P

You're a very special Poketeer, roto.

If you buy the + HP licenses, I bet you they could survive long enough to resurrect your real team if they should fall anyway.

i really wanted to just use vaan, ashe, and fran but then i wanted to make sure i don't ever get stuck with lame characters so i leveled everyone equally. what a pain in the arse to do that

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I've leveled up everyone equally earlier, and have been having alot of trouble due to underleveled-ness. After I realized that keeping them all up is too difficult, I began to focus on Ashe, Fran, and Balthier, occasionally switching in Penelo.

I like to keep my guys relatively equal. If one party dies, then I'm not automatically screwed.

I read somewhere that Fran leaves your party for one boss fight.
    The things I could not do yesterday, I shall not fear to attempt today, for I shall never give up on tomorrow. - Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs Crossfire)

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

She goes berserk for one boss fight, if that counts as leaving the party.

I've just been using Ashe, Fran, and Basch, because I don't care about leveling up the rest of the characters.

you might want to use Ashe only because she is one of the best characters once leveled

next to Bash and Vaan she has the highest strength, and she has the highest magick attack too she is a really good character and her quickenings are good i think

after lvling all 6 of them i think that Vaan Ashe and Penelo are amazing but thats also my opinion

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I just use Vaan, Basch, and Ashe. It's very tough for me to change after working on a character. I only switched from Fran to Ashe because of her superb magic stats to start out. I really like Balthier's character, but I also really like having a well-rounded, specialized party (Basch - fighter, Vaan - all-around, Ashe - magic). And it just wouldn't seem right not to have Vaan in the party.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by roto13-ness View Post
    Vaan, Fran, and Basche
    Wow that's who I use. My Fran is my kickarse ranged and healer, Basch is my tank while Vaan helps heal and damage, he's like me druid.... damn you WoW you've corrupted my FF now...

I don't bother leveling anyone else, at all....

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Vaan, Balthier, and Fran--the obligatory leader plus the two coolest characters in the game. It's a no-brainer.

I'm actually regretting not using Balthier. But he's at level nine, so it'd be a pain to raise him up. I'll definitely use him my next run through the game. No doubt.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I'm using Basch, Penelo, and Balthier primarily. I have everyone's levels balanced out, except for Penelo, who is two levels higher than everyone else.