Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Any Veggetarians???

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, Anaisa. A great deal of this thread is not on topic, but cannibalism is way off the mark.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    So you think that feeling something is wrong but choosing continuing to contibute to it without any attempt to help the problem doesn't make you suck? Even a little?
    I think if you know something is wrong and you keep doing it, you suck very hard. I call it the burden of having a brain. I read the link you posted about slaughter in Britain and now either I have to convince myself it isn't all true, or else my conscience is going to be tortured by my own suckitude. So thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    Yes, Anaisa. A great deal of this thread is not on topic, but cannibalism is way off the mark.
    But cannibilism is meat eating, so it's not really way off the mark. Since this thread has now become a discussion on the morals of meat eating an vegetarianism. If we were discussing random cases of cannibalism or something, I would agree it was way off the mark. But when in the context of whether it's morally justifiable to kill an animal, the comparison to killing another life form an eating it, is not really way off the mark.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    So you think that feeling something is wrong but choosing continuing to contibute to it without any attempt to help the problem doesn't make you suck? Even a little?
    I think if you know something is wrong and you keep doing it, you suck very hard. I call it the burden of having a brain. I read the link you posted about slaughter in Britain and now either I have to convince myself it isn't all true, or else my conscience is going to be tortured by my own suckitude. So thanks a lot.
    You also suck for buying products made in third-world countries because you know they're paying some kid a dollar a day, but you continue to purchase them.

Anaisa: Cannibalism is wrong under most circumstances and can't be compared practically to killing and eating non-human animals.

...........................................________
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:”........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../...(Stop posting and go share some soy burgers, guys)
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/.....O
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...O
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../o
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The cannablism thing is a really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking. if you're trying to use that example to try to justify an argument that eating animals is bad. If you're not doing that, then it isn't a really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking. - it's just dumb, because no one actually thinks that, so it's a waste of time trying to argue it.

*looks up* Scarry.
    So..
    I like meat and A1 steaksauce, I can't even fathom being a vegetarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    Anaisa: Cannibalism is wrong under most circumstances and can't be compared practically to killing and eating non-human animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    The cannablism thing is a really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking. if you're trying to use that example to try to justify an argument that eating animals is bad. If you're not doing that, then it isn't a really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking. - it's just dumb, because no one actually thinks that, so it's a waste of time trying to argue
    It can be compared on the basis of morals. If you believe it's acceptable to kill an eat an animal, but not a human, it gives a clear representation of where your morals lie. An why most people having such double standards, are not in a fit position to make a sound judgement on how animals should be treated. An that's the same reason why you don't understand the comparison.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Do you drive a car? Do you use electricity that you don't really need? Do you ever eat out when you could eat in?

Everybody does something harmful or wasteful every day. Most people do a gut-check cost-benefit analysis to consider whether stopping or restricting something is worth it. In the vast majority of cases, most people decide that it's not worth it to them. Sounds perfectly logical to me. Things can be bad, but either not worth the effort of stopping or better than any alternative.
    I bought a car with a good EPA rating a great gas mileage, I carpool when possible, and I moved so that I could walk to school and work. For a long time I drove once a month or two, now because of student teaching it's about three times a month. Next quarter I start student teaching full-time, I'm moving there.

I do my best to conserve electricity.

I very rarely eat out.

If you think something is wrong and you do nothing to try and help, you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    :<3::<3::<3:

It's not hard to do something. It's not like you have to become a vegetarian to lower the demand for meat, just don't eat as much excess of it.

You also suck for buying products made in third-world countries because you know they're paying some kid a dollar a day, but you continue to purchase them.
    Hey, gotta make money somehow. A dollar a day is a freaking lot to those people. It's probably either work in a factory or be sold for sex.

And I like how when other's are being scolded for discussing cannibalism 'cause it's off topic, you go into child labor. xD

Hey, gotta make money somehow. A dollar a day is a freaking lot to those people. It's probably either work in a factory or be sold for sex.

Are you mocking the lives of those people who are less fortunate then you? What a snobbish attitude.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    It can be compared on the basis of morals. If you believe it's acceptable to kill an eat an animal, but not a human, it gives a clear representation of where your morals lie.
    With the global norm?

An why most people having such double standards, are not in a fit position to make a sound judgement on how animals should be treated. An that's the same reason why you don't understand the comparison.
    So everyone except crazy PETA people are wrong then? A cow's life is as valuable as any humans' life?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Man View Post

Are you mocking the lives of those people who are less fortunate then you? What a snobbish attitude.
    Uhm, no, I'm not. Interesting interpretation though.

Uhm, no, I'm not. Interesting interpretation though.
    Your good friend Devil Man stand corrected

'twas an interesting interpretation though, wasn't it?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Humans > animals.

End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    It can be compared on the basis of morals. If you believe it's acceptable to kill an eat an animal, but not a human, it gives a clear representation of where your morals lie.
    With the global norm?
    Yeah.
    An why most people having such double standards, are not in a fit position to make a sound judgement on how animals should be treated. An that's the same reason why you don't understand the comparison.
    So everyone except crazy PETA people are wrong then? A cow's life is as valuable as any humans' life?
    Not everybody who cares about animals is a member of peta. An a cows life is just as valuable as a humans life, in my opinion. Of course most people would disagree, because their biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod
    Humans > animals.

End of discussion.
    As if!