Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Veggetarians???

Quote Originally Posted by Evolavas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    What about the health benefits? That's the only reason I could see myself doing it for.

That is pretty much the only reason I am a vegetarian. The only meat I eat is fish.
    yes, i still eat fish too for the vitamins... and they're not contaminated the same way... and meat alternatives.. like eggs. Im only a minnor veggie though.

Visit My Website / or My Blog

Ah man, I couldn't be a vegetarian. Chicken, Turkey, Prime Rib...it's all WAY TOO GOOD!
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

I could never be a vegetarian. I am such a meat eater.
    wheee!

:hello: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HELLO KITTY SMILEY :hello:

Quote Originally Posted by Emmy16 View Post
    yes, i still eat fish too for the vitamins... and <b>they're not contaminated the same way</b>... and meat alternatives.. like eggs. Im only a minnor veggie though.
    I do hope you don't eat fish-farm products then >_>

I tried to go today without eating meat and I couldnt even go half a day without it. So I could never be a vegetarian.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I managed to go a whole week without eating meat. I don't see how it's possible to go longer than that. I barely made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    I eat too much junk food to consider that aspect of vegetarianism.
    Are you sure? Unless huge bags of peas count as junk food.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm a vegetarian, I have been for over half a year. I'm really used to it now. It was hard for me at first, but I'm somewhat glad I am. I still crave meat at time, eat eggs and drink milk (I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian, or something along those lines, I couldn't handle being a vegan ever). I'd recommend taking iron supplements (not too much though, be very careful!) or iron vitamins because if you don't, you'll be anemic like I am. I should follow my own advice. Though of course, I was anemic as a child so this isn't suprising.

As for the why, it was a combination of feeling sick of eating meat because all we ate every day was chicken or burgers and seeing if I could do it. Of course, the animal reasons are definitely in there, and a bit of me wanting to be skinnier as a result, but I like to see if I can do things.

Also, I'd recommend that you'd do it if you're capable of being able to try lots of new things. Again, I should to follow my own advice, because I'm a very picky eater and now my staple food is basically pasta like the true Italian I am. Rice too, rice is very good.
    Last edited by Rye; 11-10-2006 at 01:41 AM.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I eat far too much meat to ever become a vegetarian.

Okay, I'm a so-called "piscatarian". Occasionally, I'll eat something with a little bit of beef or something in it, but that's not too often.

Go ahead, slaughter all the animals, I'm just not eating all the ucky meat. Eww, bad-stuff galore. :D

I eat lots of soy stuff, so that helps keep me up with protein and all that good stuff.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    I managed to go a whole week without eating meat. I don't see how it's possible to go longer than that. I barely made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeza View Post
    I eat too much junk food to consider that aspect of vegetarianism.
    Are you sure? Unless huge bags of peas count as junk food.
    For me, at least, when I'm on campus for a full day (my job is on campus too) I end up at the cafeteria where the only vegetarian items are chips and candy. I have Funnyuns and Snapple for dinner a lot.

And french fries. Love 'em.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would never be a vegetarian, or God forbid a vegan.

I like the taste of meat way too much, and I'm not hypocritcal.

I could never give up my meat. Especially lamb. Can you imagine showing up to a barbeque and turning down a sausage in bread? Can you imagine the social consequences?!

God created Animals so they could be eaten.

By humans.

Animals taste delicious. I could never ever be a vegetarian.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Can you imagine showing up to a barbeque and turning down a sausage in bread? Can you imagine the social consequences?!
    Yes, I can, and did - on numerous accounts. Graduation parties, banquets, etc... Basically, any mass party seems to only serve meat. People give odd looks, but don't really alienate you.

My girlfriend's family seems to only ever eat meat, and so I had to eat a can of green beans all the smurfing time... It was stupid...

The reasoning for me being veggetarian and later piscatarian for two, almost three years, was because I couldn't eat meat due to the thought of the animal.

Did I care about the animal? No, not one bit. I smurfing hate cows, and I haven't eaten pork for eons (12 years). I don't care how they are raised, or how they are butchered. I never did.

What caused me to change my dieting habits was the idea of me putting those disgusting, repulsive creatures in my body. I really didn't like the thought of it. As such, I didn't eat meat.

However, I wasn't being very wise in my choices of veggetarianism, and so I became sick more frequently. And having to make trips to a store seventy miles away just to get me more expensive food was becoming cumbersome. So I slowy worked my way up to eating fish again, and then later other meats.

I still don't like eating meat, and find that I only eat it once or less per day. And I will never, never eat pork. They say they're cleaner than most animals, but I don't care - I smurfing loathe the things. About as much as chickens, which are gross creatures also... And cows...

Livestock is gross.

I've been a vegitarian for a little under a year. I'm not 100% sure why. My friends think it's wierd but they understand that it's important to me. Although I ate a bag of cola bottle jellies and then realised they had beef gelatine in them so now i feel bad for the cows.