Thread: FFVIII PC Game help :(

Default FFVIII PC Game help :(

Hey guys, I'm hoping somebody can help me out. I just downloaded final fantasy 8 off a torrent site, and its perfectly fine, because I downloaded the same torrent for my laptop and it works fine. I have a GeForce FX 5600 with 256 ddr ram, and I'm guessing it's too "high tech" or what not to be able to run a game that was like meant for a geforce 2, vodoo, or something like that. I have the nvidia patch installed, but as soon I start the game, I see like these black huge area's where the pixels dont have color (btw this is only while in game, the cg movies look fine). So it's like these huge black square area's all over the background, I can play fine, but It's just really annoying to play with it. And I've tested changing my configs, and even using the patch meant for other video cards, but that actually looks worse. I'm just wondering if anyone knows a patch to be able to update the game or something to work with my video card, or anything really. I know they have it for final fantasy 7, so I'm guessing they should have it for ff8, right?

So somebody please help me, pleasee
    So... tell me something, intrigue me. Please do.

Hm... If you have FSAA or AF turned on, I'd advice you to turn 'em off. I also have a feeling people are gonna frown on downloading games... *Asbestos-suit put on*
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Actually, I was reading up on a forum where alot of people were complaning about this, and the problem happens because of the drivers. Nvidia took off 8-bit palleted support from their newer drivers, therefor it makes the game get all screwey and shows those black pixelated spots. But I fixed it, I just downloaded 77.77 drivers, pretty old drivers, but it support 8 bit pallets, so anyone who has had that problem and your pretty desperate to play it, just download the 77.77 nvidia drivers for your vc.

*oh btw, now my ff7 doesnt work XD, I have no idea why, but this shiz is pretty annoying. >_>

I have the same problem and posted it up months ago. I have a question about the 77.77 nvidia drivers. I dont wana install something that would get rid of the driver I have so would it mess up anything I have installed already? (i'm sorry if thats not making sense but I get a little confused when it comes to drivers and stuff).

I dont wana go changing any important setting because the computer belongs to the whole family and I dont want my dad to get angry at me if something goes wrong.

Thank Sapphiresea for the Siggy! :kaolove:

Also tomamar04 and is working on a site. Become a member of Unlimited 5! Discuss anything!

omg, hey Im sorry, I havent checked the site since last time. Actually it doesnt really affect it, its just outdated, so you can install the old drivers and everything should work fine ^_^.

Ok so just to be clear: my NVIDIA GeForce 6200 graphics card will not be affected if I download the 77.77 driver?

Thank Sapphiresea for the Siggy! :kaolove:

Also tomamar04 and is working on a site. Become a member of Unlimited 5! Discuss anything!