Thread: Square Enix Talks FFXIII

Default Square Enix Talks FFXIII

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2006/1543.html

In an interview with Dengeki PlayStation, director Motomu Toriyama and character designer Tetsuya Nomura talked about Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII for PlayStation 3. According to the duo, a team headed by producer Yoshinori Kitase was still busy working on the White Engine, a proprietary engine that will power Square Enix's PlayStation 3 titles. As for Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Nomura aims to create previously unseen "tricky" battle scenes, reminiscent of Square Enix's popular CG movie Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. While the trailers shown so far have focused on the game's silver-haired protagonist, Nomura confirmed the existence of a heroine. The aforementioned male protagonist is the heir to the throne, but his country, home to the world's only crystal, has come under attack. Nomura also mentioned that the protagonist's eyes will turn red when he wields his sword. Talking about Final Fantasy XIII, Toriyama hinted at a new trailer revealing new characters. This trailer would probably be released next month.

Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII have yet to receive official release dates.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I like the way Nomura made a point of mentioning the red eye thing, as if it's supposed to be impressive or something.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nasarian Altimeros View Post
    I like the way Nomura made a point of mentioning the red eye thing, as if it's supposed to be impressive or something.

Great stuff and I'm glad more info is being announced here and there. The unknown and unconfirmed release date doesnt' bother me at all right now. With FFXII going so deep in all areas, and so many other games I want to catch up on, I'll gladly wait until FFXIII releases, as long as it doesn't take 5 long years like 12 did.

FFXIII though, will loo great though on the PS3 as White Engine capable, and no doubt will through another intensive and enthralling plot together for us.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

As long as nobody is expecting to play this game within the next two years, there shouldn't be any dissapointments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasarian Altimeros View Post
    They also glow blue when orcs are nearby.

Where the hell is this trailer? We haven't had any new info on XIII for months now.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Who is this silver-haired protagonist?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The one in my sig. Note the Maroon eyes.

isn't that blue haired as opposed to silver?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Timberwolf?

Quote Originally Posted by atlanteay View Post
    isn't that blue haired as opposed to silver?
    By this logic, you could say Riku of KH has purple hair b/c his hair looks to have a slight purple tint in certain lighting (or lack thereof). More accurately, I think the color would be called magenta or something.