Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Talk about proving oneself wrong.
    You liked Baltier's better ?

Heresey! Basch's was soo much cooler!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Balthier use Super Volley Bullet while Basch use Kamehameha. Balthier send Tsunami while Basch use Kungfu. Balthier use Meteor while Basch play with his sword.
    I like both of their Quickening. I like Basch better because it's the only Quickening I can mimic.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

I keep everyone at equal levels, but I like Basch more in combat. Give him an axe/hammer and haste him and he will become one of the most efficient damage machines in the game.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, Haste + Berserk + Basch with an Axe = Win.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

Balthier is just the better eye candy, and he looks especially good fighting with a pole or such. I couldn't have experienced the last seventy hours of gameplay without him in my party. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall banana View Post
    Balthier is just the better eye candy, and he looks especially good fighting with a pole or such. I couldn't have experienced the last seventy hours of gameplay without him in my party. <3
    He's just so stylish and suave.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Both, because Guns and Swords are better than Bows and... bigger Swords.

Maybe Balthier because his attacks are pretty cool but I guess I'm not into I'm the tough macho that Basch is.
    Shinra Insider|Where Dreams Meet Reality
    Register your account today: A Square Fansite http://shinrainsider.kametsu.com

In terms of character, I think Balthier is awesome. But I use them both almost equally in battle. I use Vaan less than either of them.
    Vote in my EoFF Popularity Poll for every game and character in the series thus far: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8N6VZ98!

Basch FTW, but i like Balth.'s witiness. It was suggested in Gamefaqs.com that you should only have 3 main people. I agree because it's a hassle and waste to train all other members or even a 4th. Btw should only 1 character have Shield/Sword cuz i have 2? :/

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArrow View Post
    Basch FTW, but i like Balth.'s witiness. It was suggested in Gamefaqs.com that you should only have 3 main people. I agree because it's a hassle and waste to train all other members or even a 4th. Btw should only 1 character have Shield/Sword cuz i have 2? :/

Training all party member is safe-play. If three of your main party was destroyed, you still have the reserve to revive, fight or run. When you only train three people, you have to be more careful. If your party was banished, you're down to three weak-reserve, you can't fight, chances to revive other your main party are low, because they probably die in one hit and chances to run are also low, you can be safe but you should at least get one attack from an enemy while running, which knock you off, already.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Reiji Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I train everybody equally, but I too have "first string" and "second string".

Personally I prefer Balthier in terms of personality, he's probably my favorite character of the bunch. As I wanted to make a team that consistently had one ranged-weapon user and two frontliners, I made first string Vaan, Balthier, and Penelo (when I first started, I figured Penelo would have a larger role than she does since she's linked to Vaan more). Once Vaan gains a level, Basch takes over as party lead (and the character I control, which will always be either Vaan or Basch), Fran is next replacing Balthier, and finally Ashe replacing Penelo.

Just kinda turned out that way. I do like all the characters though.

Hate Basch.
    Love Balthier.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Pirates>Knights
    Basch is great for getting through a tough area where there's a bunch of mobs attacking together. But he's not at all versatile.
    Balthier, however, is the go-to guy for tough boss fights. Vaan is my hardhitter/tank so Basch is just redundant. Balthier's guns/xbows have the added status effects that make him much more valuable.
    I do keep both of them leveled though.
    Outside of battle, there's no comparison. Balthier ^_^