Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Basch or Balthier

I use Balthier more often than Basch for 2 reasons.

1.) I find that Balthier's guns, crossbows, and magick are more useful than Basch's raw strength. Besides, Ashe, whom I like better, can be just as effective as Basch in terms of dealing damage.

2.) Balthier is a pirate made of raw, untainted PWNAGE, PIMPAGE, and SEXY, and Basch is alot more boring...And cliché. I mean really...HE WAS FRAMED BY HIS EVIL TWIN BROTHER! Where's the originality in that? Though, Balthier is pretty cliché too.

In conclusion, Balthier is superior to Basch.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by al-bhed_kid0827 View Post
    2.) Balthier is a pirate made of raw, untainted PWNAGE, PIMPAGE, and SEXY, and Basch is alot more boring...
    Sacrilege!!!!

Basch is a looker!
    And cliché. I mean really...HE WAS FRAMED BY HIS EVIL TWIN BROTHER! Where's the originality in that?
    Agreed... Took me long to actually like Basch because of that. But eventually I ended up preferring him over Balthier. A Auron like personality with good looks to boot ? What's not to like ?
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I used Basch my first time through, but Balthier was VERY close to replacing him (and did sometimes.) I like Vaan, Ashe, and either of them, I'm still torn as to which one of them I'd prefer.

As far as plot goes, gimme Balthier anyday.
    "Lose one friend; lose all your friends; lose yourself."

I use Balthier more often than Basch for 2 reasons.

1.) I find that Balthier's guns, crossbows, and magick are more useful than Basch's raw strength. Besides, Ashe, whom I like better, can be just as effective as Basch in terms of dealing damage.

2.) Balthier is a pirate made of raw, untainted PWNAGE, PIMPAGE, and SEXY, and Basch is alot more boring...And cliché. I mean really...HE WAS FRAMED BY HIS EVIL TWIN BROTHER! Where's the originality in that? Though, Balthier is pretty cliché too.

In conclusion, Balthier is superior to Basch.
    You will actually found out that Basch have better strength and magicks power than Balthier. Vaan, Balthier and Basch have better strength than Ashe, they deal more damage. Basch have the best strength, he deal more damage than Ashe unless if you have your Ashe to be 10 levels higher than Basch.

If you look more, Balthier is more the RAW strength.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

As the only logical way to decide who my party members are is by an impromptu "Who's da hottest?" contest, Balthier never leaves the spot of party leader on my game. Other than him I rotate everyone, but my Basch is neglected a little.
    Balthier and Basch are both appealing in completely different ways...as was pointed out well a few posts up. I like Balthier b/c he is a sexy smartass who seems to be in it for the adventure, but I think Basch is admirable as the classically hot loyal knight who is in this because his life has no meaning otherwise.
    I don't know about either one having intrinsic strengths over the other, but just for who they are as characters I use Balthier way more.
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I used to go for pirate types but somehow Baltier rubs me the wrong way. Heaven knows why, maybe his haughty way and looks (I'm "allergic" to those as of recently) Or maybe after seeing Jack Sparrow pirates are not as manly for me... Or maybe cause he is already "taken". Hard to put my finger on it.

Bottom line, Basch rocks my socks

But to be fair, have a peek of both at Youtube (new clip) or below

Last edited by Renmiri; 12-01-2006 at 03:03 PM.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I use Balthier , Fran, and Vaan the most. They are all level 30 and Ashe, Basch, and Penelo are all levels 13-15. Kind of sad.

i <3 balthier and i think he's pretty awesome in several ways. i love anime thieves. they're so cool. ^^ basch is strong, but his personality is just so so.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimonji View Post
    I use both of them equally, however in terms of character, Balthier wins.

Yellow Winged Angel

I use both of them but I like Balthier better than Basch

haha well I only have 4 people in my party because it takes FOREVER to get Penelo and Ashe in my party. so of the 4 my main party now is Basch, Fran, and Balthier in that order but whenever i want a new party i go to Vaan, Basch, and Fran just to mix things around for now lol. i shouldnt even be posting because im so early into the game still i think haha.

I like the knight for now.
    Balthier has good character and a fair bit of good in him, despite being a pirate. Liked the scene in Nalbina in the pit....

But Basch is old, wise, and a Knight.... sorry Balthier.

I'm trying to keep everyone's levels fairly even, but I definitely use Basch more than Balthier. My main party usually consists of Vaan, Ashe, and Basch. Not only that, but Basch is MUCH sexier than Balthier!
    Last edited by Freya Coral; 01-05-2007 at 01:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi View Post
    ZORN: "We are opposed to reviving long-dead threads!"
    THORN: "Opposed to reviving--hey, you know what? I'm tired of this whole stupid shtick. I have no trouble talking in uninverted sentences, and while I have no idea about my partner here since we never even talk to each other outside of work, Thorn's not even my real name. It's Larry, and I quit."