Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man 3 New Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    I've been wanting Carnage to appear since I first heard they were making a Spider-Man movie the first time.

Carnage > all.
    It looks like the ground had a sex change.

Survival Is Ruthless The Real Dark Messenger's Avatar

I am not really a big Spider-Man fan, but the trailer looks promising, so maybe I should give it a chance.

it looks friggen fantastic my only dissapointment was when i realised that the movie comes out may next year

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *ETERNAL FANTASY* View Post
    it looks friggen fantastic my only dissapointment was when i realised that the movie comes out may next year
    Yes, there is a problem with the May release: Pirates III is also coming out next May. Just like Superman Returns and Pirates II were somewhat reducing each others' sales (or more like Pirates II overwhelming Superman), Spider-Man 3 and Pirates III will most likely hurt each others' success at the box office. From a movie viewer's point of view... well, I'll have to spend more money since I'll have to see them both anyway. >_>
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Very awesome.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by *ETERNAL FANTASY* View Post
    Yes, there is a problem with the May release: Pirates III is also coming out next May. Just like Superman Returns and Pirates II were somewhat reducing each others' sales (or more like Pirates II overwhelming Superman), Spider-Man 3 and Pirates III will most likely hurt each others' success at the box office. From a movie viewer's point of view... well, I'll have to spend more money since I'll have to see them both anyway. >_>
    yea, i was excited that pirates 3 would definatly beat the titanic at the box office, now spider man 3 is comming out in that time too? its gonna hurt the success

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Shrek 3 is also coming out within a month of Pirates III and Spiderman 3 I think, so it's likely to be box office carnage all round XD
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

IMO, Shrek and Pirates has nothing on Spider Man. Regardless of whatever else comes out about the same time, I think they'll have no problems getting back the money they spent on the movie.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

The trailer made me a little uneasy, to be honest. I am concerned about how they are going to work the Sandman into the story, but I do like that the story seems to focus more on human relationships than special effects.

I am so confused about what Venom's role will be at this point, it wouldn't suprise me if he was the main villian or barely in the movie.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    IMO, Shrek and Pirates has nothing on Spider Man. Regardless of whatever else comes out about the same time, I think they'll have no problems getting back the money they spent on the movie.
    Actually, both Shrek 2 and Pirates II did better than either of the Spider-Man movies in the box office.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Quote Originally Posted by Timerk View Post
    The trailer made me a little uneasy, to be honest. I am concerned about how they are going to work the Sandman into the story
    Supposedly, sandman was the real killer of his uncle ben and it's pure revenge.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raebus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timerk View Post
    The trailer made me a little uneasy, to be honest. I am concerned about how they are going to work the Sandman into the story
    Supposedly, sandman was the real killer of his uncle ben and it's pure revenge.
    Edit: Wait, no, it's all just me being dense. Seriously though WTF? Carjacker killed Uncle Ben. That's how it works.

Most important is that there's a new Bruce cameo though

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Actually, both Shrek 2 and Pirates II did better than either of the Spider-Man movies in the box office.
    The first of what I said was my personal opinion, I don't have the actual numbers. Regardless of that I can't imagine Spiderman 3 not becoming a financial success, even if some other movies might make more money. You don't have to be the richest in order to be rich :p.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

The confusion over people thinking there was only going to be 3 movies, maybe because people might of heard (which i read that also) that Toby and Kirsten decided to stop after the third movie, which would make sense to stop making SM movies if they wern't on board.. But if there's a hint at a 4th then maybe what i read wasn't true. If the movie turns out to be a great movie, then i wouldn't mind a fourth.

As I understood it, Toby doesn't want to do any more Spideys, and if KD is out too, then bleh...I HATE it when they recast mid-series. You get attached to certain actors "being" their characters, and it's just never the same when they replace them.

I have a lot of confidence with what Raimi is doing with the Spidey series though. It's not the comics, and it's not the cartoons, but the movie series has it's own continuity that gives it a sort of "definitive theatrical version" feel. Now if only they could have figured out something better for the Green Goblin's suit in Spidey1 and Harry's in Spidey3. :aimmeh:

Anyway, the trailer rocks. They show just little enough to keep me wanting more. Hopefully though they'll throw the fans a bone and actually show Venom to the public sometime before we get to the theatres.