Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your most hilarious DEATH??

Tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
    Those explosive traps scare the cr*p out of me. I'll be playing in my room at night in the dark, and be in some dungeon that's creepy in the first place, and all of a sudden BAM!!! Every time it happens I am so startled, I jump up and my heart rate increases. This game is so scary compared to the past FF's, but I am a big sissy too.
    the first time that hapened to me i was on te phone, in the area with the bounty hunters, and i set one off, i almost screamed cuz i thought they found me and were gong to kill me, my friend started laghing at me too.... i was shocked and repeated *omg im gonna die, im gonna die," lol then after a couple times of the bombs i finaly found out what it was, my friend said they were trying to shoot me, but it was just a bomb... lol im a dork...

You know I'm hot...

I watched an overzealous friend assume that the giant Trex in the estersand was fightable since it was there aaaand he got squashed. I didn't say a word, I just let him do it. Afterwards:

WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME???!?!?

*shrug* Its your gameplay.

Oh and all the little onion headed dudes? Where you fight them for the boy? Hysterical.

I got owned by an Undin Entite in the Pharos Tower one time as I was fixing to get my ability back at one of the pedestals. I had no idea that one was going to be roaming around in that section. I was unwary about it.

I had just fought a boss and then had entered that part to try to find the save crystal before going to the pedestal to receive my ability again. Here was the Entite. Usually, they're neutral and won't attack as long as you don't use magic. However, this one was apparently aggressive and hostile to begin with. It started attacking despite myself not even casting a single spell to begin with.

What he did was casted Sleepga first and put all of my guys to sleepy-bye land. Then he just constantly spammed Waterga on everybody over and over. The bad news is that magic won't wake you up unlike physical attacks. Anyway, it was "splash..splash..splash...and so on"..until they were all dead.

No. Not the Flying fiends are the most vicious. TRAPS are!! *Rants incomprehensible profanity* Most of them can't be seen and will scare the guts out of you once you step on them, some even dealing killer damage!

Vaan has the highest HP in my current game and he stepped on a trap. He died immediately. And he was at full HP then.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    No. Not the Flying fiends are the most vicious. TRAPS are!! *Rants incomprehensible profanity* Most of them can't be seen and will scare the guts out of you once you step on them, some even dealing killer damage!

Vaan has the highest HP in my current game and he stepped on a trap. He died immediately. And he was at full HP then.
    The answer to avoiding that is to make a gambit for at least one of your active party members to always have Libra equipped. That way you'll always be able to see them, since once the alotted time of the technique runs out, the character will automatically re-cast it on themselves and it saves you the trouble of always having to remember to turn it on when doing a quest/mission/hunt somewhere.

Oh. So Libra reveals traps. So that's why some of them can be seen. I only use Libra on the characters I have control of (usually Vaan and Ashe).
    Last edited by Yliette; 02-18-2007 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Fixed typos.

Yep. So what I would do is make a gambit for both Ashe and Vaan to constantly have Libra cast on themselves. That way, whichever one you're using, which I'm assuming one of them is always in your active party, will have it on. Then you can see the traps to avoid them.^^

^ A Self>Float gambit is important as well. Having the Float spell active enables you to safely go over the traps without setting them off.

I started a second game file and I watched the opening cutscenes etc. They were almost over when I left my controller on the couch to go grab some Oreos and when I came back, the screen said GAME OVER. I was like WTF? Oh wait, right, those rats.... Damn...Owned.

I think that's pretty funny...

Quote Originally Posted by jeo2388 View Post
    For me it was when i fought 2 marboros,i had vaan,basch and fran...fran was using chaos mace (confuse strike)..the 2 monsters casted breath on me, vaan and fran got confuse..i tried casting esunaga but then fran hit me...the next thing i knew i was sitting there laughing watching my characters hitting themselves like dumbass retards...t'was freakin hilarious :rolleyes2
    I accidently killed my self cause my gambits were set the wrong way I had it sat ally below 30% balanece and guess what i used balence on me and my allys killing them

I almost died with that big T-rex in the Henne Mines. Although he was just right for my party's average level (Lv25), I got careless and fought him just depending on Larsa's unlimited supply of Hi-Potions.

I was just sitting back enjoying myself until Penelo got killed and Vaan was struggling for HP. I immediately replaced Penelo with Ashe and defeated that stupid dinosaur. From then on I became careful and never became reliant on Larsa's Hi-Potions.

Gambits can be quite a hindrance. I have my gambits turned off except for Foe>Any - Attack. Just that and nothing more. I also have my party leaders (usually Vaan and Ashe) auto-cast Libra for traps. Thanks to Jerseymilk for this tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    I also have my party leaders (usually Vaan and Ashe) auto-cast Libra for traps. Thanks to Jerseymilk for this tip.
    You're welcome.

I can't remember the last time I died. I only die when I am in fights that I shouldn't be in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Lancer View Post
    I can't remember the last time I died. I only die when I am in fights that I shouldn't be in yet.
    It can be quite easy to accidentally fight something you shouldn't yet in this game, even if you don't intend to, and it's typically when you least expect it.

Examples of these cases are:

1) The rare game you encounter during your jouney, esp. after joining the trophy hunt club. You happen to run into one, and next thing you know, you get owned by it and die. That's happened to me a bit. Some others on here probably have stories about this (e.g. when going on their way to fight Gilgamesh 2nd part or going on their way back from it, etc.).

2) Having very powerful enemies in early areas of the game. They are way beyond your characters levels, but unless you have libra on, you don't know this.

3) The Elementals, or even worse, the Entites who will freak out when you use magic around them. At earlier points and during much of game (the Entites), they're well above your characters' levels.
    Last edited by Shiva_; 02-22-2007 at 07:53 PM.

Right on. Probably the creators of FFXII intentionally placed a fiend in each area with a level far higher than the average level of the said area. E.g. Wild Saurian in Estersand, Entites in Ogir-Yensa, Hellhounds in Golmore Jungle.

It's smart to keep Libra always turned on.