Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Your most hilarious DEATH??

Wild Saurian seems to had raped us all or at least most of us...my death eventhough i had bangle or wadeva the name is(not good with the names)i saw its level but i thought i could steal from it and then ran...so i stole from it not know it that at its level itcould kill me from one hit ...so i died...vann was the last one to die since he was runing from the Wild Saurian but was finally caught up/// very smart from me...others times i died was cuz of the elemental at first i didnt know wad made them atack me..i used magick in front of them..and boom one hit and dead ...and my low level didnt help either...but its funny cuz when i tried to fill the beastiry none appeared !!!

While in the sandsea I decided to see if I could take on the large glowing orb (I thnk it's called a salamander). After finaly outrunning the thing I only had Balthier with 50 HP standing. Hoping to avoid any of the bug men long enough to raise the other 5 I ran off to one of those side ramps, only to find an Altrune.

My boyfriend thought this was far funnier at the time than I did.

time for 2nd chances Anno Domini's Avatar

it was about 4 am, dont ask why i was staying up, and i was on the hunt for Thexthera (sp?). I got lost because of a bad sandstorm and ended up face to face with some bird of impending death, i think it was a dive tallon. It KOed my people so fast...i had to start the hunt all over again

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    Mine would have to be at the Ogir-Yensa. Since it's a very vast area to explore, I had to toil away without depending on Save Crystals.

I've finally gained 3 levels until I encountered this giant Elemental thing. I got overconfident and attacked it and ended up being killed by its Firaga worth 2k damage.

I yelled "F***!" and almost chucked my PS2 out the window. After all, who wouldn't be frustrated after suffering for 2 hours and end up with a game over? :mog:

aw man that was painful hahahaha

SIGSIG

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica85r View Post
    While in the sandsea I decided to see if I could take on the large glowing orb (I thnk it's called a salamander). After finaly outrunning the thing I only had Balthier with 50 HP standing. Hoping to avoid any of the bug men long enough to raise the other 5 I ran off to one of those side ramps, only to find an Altrune.
    those god damned things, pardon my language

SIGSIG

yeah LOL it happened to me in Waterway.

I cast Magic on some enemies and there was an element with green HP, but the Element got jealous and started to cast strong magic back on my characters.
    the only thing I did is running back to the other area.
    PS3 owner, but not played RPG yet (teh) :sweatdrop

FFXIV Character

Denston Fairclough (Midgardsormr)

Getting crushed by Demonwall for the first time. I forget exactly why it was funny, though...but there was a reason.

I developed Claustriphobia in high school, though I've been getting better at it. The Demon Wall freaked me out the first 3 or 4 times it killed me (I realy should have leveled some more). After that it was like some horrible running gag until I beat it.

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I hit a berserk confuse trap when I was invisible. I lost control of my characters and they ran around like retards being unable to see each other I just watched as invis wore and the trained just about every monster in sight and killed each other. I hadn't save in about 4 hours ;o I wasn't sure if I wanted to cry or laugh.

Sooo I just went ._.; and went to bed.

EDIT: oh yeah this was after a major boss and I only had 3 characters alive, I was in the process of sitching them in and out of pt to revive them. I was like 1 screen away from a save point.
    Too big.

But IMO the most damned off all fiends are those of the Flying type. It wastes a lot of precious MP and only Fran can attack it (since in my game only she is equipped with a ranged weapon).

The Garuda in front of Raithwall's Tomb was also a nutter. I had to toil away til my party was 2 levels higher than Vossler (he was Lv17 then) and still got continually defeated. Only to find out later that it only took those berries to defeated the damn bird.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Banned

Well, after I had gotten Basch in my party, I was trying to look for the Wraith Mark. So I found out it's in the Garamsythe waterway right? Well, I had no idea it was right in the beginning of the place, so I went further into the place. I saw Malboro Overkings and Lizards that were waaaaay too strong for me.

So after running through the place playing chicken with the monsters, I searched the whole place, from the part leading into the Rabanastre Palace, to the place where you first get Fran and Balthier, I found nothing. So, as I was trying to escape, one of them actually manages to hit Vaan, and he died, leaving only Basch in my party. After running away to safety, I found an area where there were no aggressive monsters, but only a friendly, monster in the shape of bubbles/foam. For some reason, it started using powerful attacks on me (no I did not attack it or target it at all) and it killed me.

Yes, it was an extremely powerful Water Elemental that killed me.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica85r View Post
    I developed Claustriphobia in high school, though I've been getting better at it. The Demon Wall freaked me out the first 3 or 4 times it killed me (I realy should have leveled some more). After that it was like some horrible running gag until I beat it.
    gee i thought i was the only one, that freaky wall freaked me out too,scary

SIGSIG

I found the wall at Raithwall's Tomb still tolerable. Only when I was squished that I thought twice about my fears.

And has anyone else noticed that the designers of FFXII have made the fiends look more Satanic?
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Don't make me get my 2x4 Woodinator's Avatar

Well..i remembered the T-rexes in FFVIII so avoided that thing...and then my experience with elementals in FFXI taught me to avoid magic with those...so yes experience w/ other games helped me avoid noobishness....

Traps were completely new to me though....

I remember there being a line of explosion ones in those mines you go to in the flying city...kinda went like this...

BOOM!
    $%@^!!
    BOOM!
    #$%@!!!
    BOOM!
    Dead... (YOu'd think common sense would tell me to turn around after the second one...but noooooooooo ><)

oh and you cant forget about how the part member will triger the trap as you carefully avoid it wiping out a party member or two

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

Quote Originally Posted by Yliette View Post
    I found the wall at Raithwall's Tomb still tolerable. Only when I was squished that I thought twice about my fears.

And has anyone else noticed that the designers of FFXII have made the fiends look more Satanic?
    yea...the monster are quite, uhh, dark...from the flans to the headless big guys..and the ghosts that teleports, damn.......cant wait for FFXIII hahah..wonder what the monsters would be like...:rolleyes2

SIGSIG