Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Thread: Your most hilarious DEATH??

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

My first go against Cuchulain.

Cuchulain: Yo
    Vaan: Fu-

*death*

I got him yesterday tho, took forever and I had to have ashe and penelo on auto cura forever >.>
    jkhkjg

In the westersand when I was training I notice that Fran and Ashe went off somewhere to fight and enemy. I thought it was nothing but then realized that on the top it said Gnoma Entite casting thundara. I turn and see Ashe and Fran getting killed by a Thundara then I start running away. I wouldn't really call it a 100% death but more like a 66 2/3% but it was pretty funny.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

mine was when i was roaming around the dalmascan westersand when the sandstorm started...
    i saw this big yellow glowing ball thingy which happens to be an elemental....
    i thought it wouldn't attack coz it's name was yellow and all so when i went passed it, after a few seconds, all my characters are dead...
    i just got stupified for a few minutes thinking what had happened....
    the hilarious part? i didn't save it 5 hours prior to the event which i had to re-hunt 2 marks and level myself up to 25.... from 20....
    sucks really....

Dancing Chocobo Mauled by Bats

Oh yes,I would be at low level in one of the dungeons, minding my own bussiness and then a little thing would randomly pop up on the screen. So naturaly I'd try to kill it.
    Sadly however, once I knocked it out,the bats started to multiply, in no time I was usually dead, either that or running for my life and dying while attempting to find a save point or heal.
    As I recall many times I would be using Fran and have her running around in circles sometimes in small places trying to get her Mp up all the way so I could revive evereyone else plus have my MagicXD

Did anyone else get over confident with the Dinosaur-like monster in the Easterlands?, Of course I had to put up my fists to it and wish I had'nt. :kaofight2:

I HATED The Henne Mines and the Waterways, those were a bitch. >__>

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

the waterways was fine except for those huge malboroes, ah huh big trouble when at low level,they are truly legends when it comes to negative status effects
    i always get my ass kicked by marboroes

SIGSIG

just yesterday - I've tried t kill an element at the Sandsea by chaining Mist
    LOL I was way too far to get to half of its health
    '' death all waits you''
    PS3 owner, but not played RPG yet (teh) :sweatdrop

i was at start with Vaan on lvl 3 i think in the Estersands saw the dinosaur thing, thought- ooh what does that do? hit it once with my 45 attack and -err- one bite and i was a dead duck.
    I had my revenge later with my pals Balthier and Fran on lvl 18!!

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

anyway its been 2 weeks, and its time for a good ol' replay...
    Last edited by jeo2388; 07-27-2013 at 05:54 PM.

SIGSIG

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Two cases.
    First was not really a death. I was walking through Paramina Rift and saw an Entite. I didn't cast any magic. Then a couple of Skeleton guys popped up and started attacking me. Fran autocasts cure, BAM Entite attacks me. I run fast and luckily I escaped without being blasted.

Second was in Henne mines. Happened twice. I was attacking flans in the junctions. I used quickenings for quick kills. But when I ran out they cornered me. Then they just iced me (or watered, forgot) until I was dead. I was also poisoned. Not a good day. But I went back a couple more times when I was stronger and got some okay EXP and loot.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

This sort of counts, I think: start of the Zodiark battle, Darkja instant kill effect hits all party members; I have to switch in a reserve team whose highest level was 28 and revive the main party while keeping the secondaries alive.

Not only did I somehow pull this off, but the secondary party lived long enough to throw out a random quickening chain before I switched again and from there it was smooth sailing for the main party. 'Twas glorious.

I've been randomly slaughtered by Abyssteels when flipping to change the gates in the Henne mines, but one guy always managed to make the run out to revive, rebuff then go back in and murder. It's funny mostly because you're sitting there thinking "Yeah, this is no problem, I'm handling this" then suddenly characters start dropping like flies.

A near-death experience in the Sandsea also led me to hunt down the Salamand Entite as soon as I felt I was strong enough to kill it.
    Last edited by Cap'n Basch; 04-19-2007 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Clarity