Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who likes Rubicant/Rubicante?

Default Who likes Rubicant/Rubicante?

I think Rubicant is one of the coolest FF villains of all time. He's a fire fiend, fire is so destructive, yet he is such a gentlemen. And he believes in fairplay, as shown by his trademark healing the party right before battle. He's pretty awesome imho.

Yeah! he saved me from running to the save spot to heal!

"Poor technique, this is how it's done!"

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Every time I get up the part where you fight him the first time, I always forget he's going to heal you and I hike back to the save point only to be reminded that he heals you for free. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cid View Post
    "Poor technique, this is how it's done!"
    In the version that I've been playing since way back when, I think Mr. Rubicant says "Was it flame? I will show you how." which is stupid because he then proceeds to use Glare, not flame, proving that he actually has no idea how Edge does flame.

Anyway, I like Rubicant a lot. He's a gentlemanly guy, with honorable qualities that defy his title of "fiend". Like, instead of the four fiends of the elements, it should be the 3 fiends and the 1 pretty nice guy of the elements.

Plus Rubicant makes it clear that Lugae messed up Edge's parents on his own twisted will, and Rubicant is not pleased that Lugae did a thing like that. Even when you run into a second time, He's all smiles and red capes, healing you again. The other 3 fiends probably got kinda frustrated that Rubicant was always helping out the guys they were supposed to be killing.

I wonder how someone so decent could've sworn himself over to evil? Was he created by Golbez? If so, I think Golbez might want to rethink the developmental stages on a killing machine that heals the thing it ought to be killing.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor View Post
    Anyway, I like Rubicant a lot. He's a gentlemanly guy, with honorable qualities that defy his title of "fiend". Like, instead of the four fiends of the elements, it should be the 3 fiends and the 1 pretty nice guy of the elements.
    If it makes you feel any better, in the Japanese version, they're called the Four Emperors.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense, because Valvalis(idk how to spell her GBA name) is a girl, and they still call her an "Emperor"

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Women can be rightly referred to as actors and not actresses, stewards and not stewardesses, and hosts instead of hostesses. I don't see why they couldn't be called emperors as well.

It was a half decent character but I don't really understand why he has such a substantial following.

He was designed to be likeable, and therefore people like him.
    I didn't particularly like him much more than I liked Cagnazzo or the others. (I didn't really like Scarmiglione though).
    Sigless

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cid View Post
    Yeah, that doesn't make sense, because Valvalis(idk how to spell her GBA name) is a girl, and they still call her an "Emperor"
    Barbariccia of Wind.

I think he's awesome. He's one of the few villains that has a conscience and doesn't let greed/hate/pride/power control him.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor View Post
    3 Fiends and 1 Friend? I like Rubicant mostly because of his gentleman character, but he's also a well done character. He's the fire-elemental boss that has a lot of powerful attacks, he's quite challenging and he has that cool cloak that absorbs ice attacks. It was great when (SPOILER)he was angry at what Lugar did to Edge's parents, and how he was actually sorry about that. Hmm, I wonder how it would be if you could have both Golbez and Rubicant join the party.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Well, its honorable that he did that, and he is all about fair play.

Sure, he could beat you all when your at 3 hp after that grueling dungeon, but no.

He wants to test his own limits, and become a better fighter to boot ^ ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

He's an honorable villian. That's what I like about him

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html