View Poll Results: Who are You Rooting For?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warmech!

14 40.00%
  • Black Mage!

10 28.57%
  • Black Belt! (He'll win in the end! Who cares about this?)

6 17.14%
  • Ever Heard of FREAKING Voter Confidence? Noob!

5 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Epic Battles

Blog Entries

Default Speaking of Epic Battles

WM is going to HARM3 that Lich to death in about a week. That's no great big concern.

The big question is this:

Black Mage vs Warmech

On the one hand, a flood of 8-Bit fans will stand in alliance with Black Mage.

On the other hand, a lv. 50 BM in the game would still get eaten by the Warmech (Which, it must be mentioned, is a machine that doesn't even NEED to eat).
    And, even aside from that, many FF1 fanatics despise the Black Mage because after 4 roxor shots of Fire2, his Large Dagger is dealing out a measely 1-6 damage.

But aside from prejudices, this is an epic match.

These two characters are the most feared in the game. If you cross their path, you can get NUKEd, for one thing. The Warmech can smash you to smithereens in one hit, abd the BM has such an arsenal of magics that he WILL find your weak point before you ever need to see his Large Dagger.

In the long and short, this is an interesting match for me, and I'm still not sure who I'm voting for.

What's your plan?

--------------
    Note: This is, of course, referring to the Final Fantasy Classic Tournament, which is going on weekly or biweekly or monthly, or whatever.
    If you don't know what it is, which I doubt you don't, check out the FF1 section on the EoFF main site.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Besides the coolness factor, Black Mages suck, so yeah, WarMech is the victor. >_>

The Black Mage isn't limited to attacking once he runs out of MP for his beefy spells. Isn't the BM able to equip (and use in battle) the Black Shirt or use an instant death item in battle, like the Bane Sword or something?
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, but unfortunately WarMech is immune to instant death (at least, he better be).

Many bosses in FF1 are not, like Tiamat. I almost always just use Bane on him, both times that I fight him. The hit rate is low, but I'll usually get one to land with a few turns, before Tiamat has decimated the party. Warmech could probably floor a BM in one turn, if he used the right move. Hell, even if he just attacked, the BM is probably dead right there.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought Tiamat was just one exception. Well, I'm pretty sure that WarMech at least has immunity to that being the game's only true 'superboss' enemy.

You probably are right, as you frequently tend to know more about FF games than I do. Though I do remember using BANE on other bosses.

But then again, FF1 has so many questionable bosses. Do the wizards in front of Astos' crown count as bosses? I've gotten into that fight against 2 wizards, and I've gone against 5, so the lack of a set enemy makes me lean away from calling them "bosses". Or what about that eye thing ToF? He's always waiting in the same spot, but he's easier than many of the enemies in ToF and doesn't have that "boss" quality.

Because FF1 didn't have boss music, it's hard to say if it's an actual "bossfight" when it comes to certain fights. Like Warmech. Does he count as a boss? I mean, he's pretty reclusive and is only found in one small spot in the whole game. Your encountering him is entirely random, unlike the Eye or the Wizards. However, in my opinion, Warmech is a tougher fight than Chaos.

I guess I'm saying if you're doing challenge game on FF1, don't be a stranger to the bane sword. It may be your White Mage's only chance of killing Tiamat.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Blog Entries

The Bane Sword is your only hope against Tiamat with Characters like a Solo WM. But it is hardly a life saving tool.

It's mostly effective when you level in ToF, hit a horde of Badmen, and would prefer to have your Ninja or RW cast Bane instead of swing for questionable damage.

Bane will ONLY work against Tiamat as far as bosses go, however.

If you want death magic, use XXXX. XXXX can probably kill Warmech on low chances. I have successfully used it to off ToF Kary, and it could probably do in Kraken too, if the chances are right.

As far as boss vs whatever, I assume that the other dudes are just guards or semi-bosses of sorts.
    Because Wizards, Vampires, and Eyes can be found as random encounters, they're only superstrong as Semi-Bosses in that stage of the game.

In ToF, the fiends, who were bosses, are only Semi-Bosses.

The Warmech is an entity of it's own, I'd say.

Specifically, it's a 36000 XP enemy.

Black Belt ftw

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Warmech is death immune...status immune for that matter. He can only be damaged.

Warmech "NUCLEAR" > BM "NUKE"

Quote Originally Posted by ImAFarmer View Post
    Warmech is death immune...status immune for that matter. He can only be damaged.

Typically, even in a normal 4 healthy team fight, my Black Wizard doesn't survive a dose of Nuclear, so I have to try and off Warmech before he gets around to casting it. I usually have my Black Wizard use "FAST" on my Knight, and then my Master and if Warmech hasn't killed the Wizard by then, I just have him use Temper or something.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Quote Originally Posted by feioncastor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAFarmer View Post

Typically, even in a normal 4 healthy team fight, my Black Wizard doesn't survive a dose of Nuclear, so I have to try and off Warmech before he gets around to casting it. I usually have my Black Wizard use "FAST" on my Knight, and then my Master and if Warmech hasn't killed the Wizard by then, I just have him use Temper or something.

That doesn't prove anything.

NUCLEAR>Nuke

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Yes, but unfortunately WarMech is immune to instant death (at least, he better be).
    Of course he is immune to death, he isn't even alive to begin with.

Blog Entries

How's it feel to watch all expectation and all logic fry like eggs in a frying pan over the earth's core.

I think the BM Madmen are outnumbering us, friends and foes.