Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Flowers

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't swear too much, but I do swear. They're just words!

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I think I swear a personally acceptable amount. But I'm in college, so y'know.
    I've heard you swear!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    So swearing makes you sound unintelligent, slow, and like you've got a bad vocabulary. Which is why you get a lot of minorities who swear a whole ton, and it's why you get a whole lot of teenagers and blue collar workers who swear a ton. It's because they really aren't that smart or educated or classy at all.
    Whaaa hahahahaha. What does this imply exactly... :O_O:

You, good sir, flabbergast me.

Er, wait, I'm a minority. I meant: Yo, that [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] is smurfed up.

Oh, whoops. My mistake- By minority I was implying somebody from another country who wouldn't know english very well. I find that a lot of them may swear because they don't think in english, and the swearwords can cover the bases when they forget a word.

If you're an english speaking minority and you swear a lot, then it simply means that you have no excuse for not being able to recall words, unless you're drunk.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Yeah, I do. Nothing wrong with it.

And the ability to speak does not make one intelligent, so why should an individual that chooses to swear be seen as stupid?
    You start to sound poorly educated and, frankly, stupid, if you can't articulate your sentences without swearing. It's a real problem these days. people simply can't think of the words they want to use, so they insert a swear word to cover for whatever they're missing, and the swear word works.

So swearing makes you sound unintelligent, slow, and like you've got a bad vocabulary. Which is why you get a lot of minorities who swear a whole ton, and it's why you get a whole lot of teenagers and blue collar workers who swear a ton. It's because they really aren't that smart or educated or classy at all.

And don't go saying, "But I do have a smurfing big vocabulary! I'm a smurfing English student in smurfing college."
    If you say that, then it's simply the case of the poor man who died of starvation, sitting in his little shack on a moldy bed under which he had 50 million dollars. The money is useless if you don't use it.

Dammit, I'm treating this like EOEO
    You are taking this a bit serious, aren't you?

And no, I'm not an English student (I hate writing), but I do have a decent sized vocabulary. But I've never actually heard someone use a swear as the replacement for another word, only for emphasis.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Swearing doesn't mean you swear every other sentence. Swearing does not make you stupid in any way at all. It just means you aren't offended by the word. Using swear words in places where they aren't needed or don't make sense could be seen as stupid, as could using swear words in front of people who let you know they dislike them. But simply using them does not make you stupid.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I think I swear a personally acceptable amount. But I'm in college, so y'know.
    I've heard you swear!
    Yeah, I probably swear more on Xbox Live than I do normally. Like, every time I get killed.

And I agree with BoB. I don't view swear words as offensive, so it doesn't bother me to say them. Sometimes swearing too much can make you appear stupid, or as if you can't think of a better way to express yourself than to just say [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] or smurf or whatever, but it can also be used for humor, and sometimes outlandish combinations of swear words can be quite entertaining.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

agreed BoB I swear quite a lot even at work but never to customers and unless I drop something and it breaks (I work with fragile stock every day so it happens occasionally) I might utter a four letter obscenity quietly I try and keep my language under-wraps on the shop floor too. I might swear occasionally if there really isn't a word I feel will appropriately convey my response to the person I am talking to but not often and I always apologise for the use of the obscenity. I am not offended by any swear word including the old four letter C--- word. In the warehouse at work or the canteen I swear like nothing on the plannet but then so does my manager, last night we stood there swearing at each other for the sheer hell of it, god knows what we were originally saying I think it was bye! it was just funny to relax after being stuck on shopfloor all day unable to speak normally.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost....0&postcount=12

[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] no! I am a mothersmurfing saint.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bipper View Post
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost....0&postcount=12

[img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] no! I am a mothersmurfing saint.
    oh i bet you are! :rolleyes2