Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And Omg! I remember that because of -insert word here-

*yawn* And Omg! I remember that because of -insert word here-

I tend to remember moments in my life because of what I call a 'memory trigger' normally they're songs or sounds or a picture. I was playing the first Zelda the other day, and had like major 3 year old flashback of my sister playing the game and me watching, then the other night I had downloaded alot of Elvis, because I was obsessed with him when I was little, and I was trying to remember when I stopped listening to him, a song came on and I remembered it all perfectly, and then one day I was eating some gummy bears and I remembered buying them when I was about 5 or 6 at a store down at the beach.

Do any of you guys get that alot, where things will just BAM hit you with memories because of something that seems insignifigant?

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know precisely what you mean, but I can't recall any at the moment.

Smells do this to me.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Me too, and certain sounds and music.

Music is a big one. It can remind me of a time in my life.

Also, if I see a picture or hear music of a game I really enjoyed, it can make me nostalgic for the game. For example, every time I hear music from Psychonauts I want to play it. That game was so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    I know precisely what you mean, but I can't recall any at the moment.
    What Zeromus_X said.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Black Box - Ride on Time == Mum's aerobics classes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice-ness View Post
    I tend to remember moments in my life because of what I call a 'memory trigger' normally they're songs or sounds or a picture. I was playing the first Zelda the other day, and had like major 3 year old flashback of my sister playing the game and me watching, then the other night I had downloaded alot of Elvis, because I was obsessed with him when I was little, and I was trying to remember when I stopped listening to him, a song came on and I remembered it all perfectly, and then one day I was eating some gummy bears and I remembered buying them when I was about 5 or 6 at a store down at the beach.

Do any of you guys get that alot, where things will just BAM hit you with memories because of something that seems insignifigant?
    Yeah, I was playing RuneScape the other day, and I heard a certain song in-game and I was picturing myself playing RuneScape Classic back then. I love nostalgia, I'm very nostalgic.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ah, I get those all the time...I just can't think of any at the moment Must be my insomnia...

I always listen to music when i'm on the net or reading, and ometimes i here a song, and i can remember exactly what i was reading/doing at that time...or i'd hear a song from a game/anime and i just think i should play/watch it again...but i never end up doing that :P

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i get them at times, but then I have an excellent memory too for the small things. I remember stuff that hurts me too much to list here but I remember them, I remember the exact words I said on certain occasions and exact looks on peoples faces. All my memories at the moment are like acid to me and they hurt me in ways I could only ever had imagined a few weeks back.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

i get that all the time especially lately.......its like when i went down to the woods with my friend.....i remembered when me and him used to go there all the time....and that was like 9 months ago! its also like that when i play the original sonic on the master system i always flash back to when i first completed it......man that was awesome.....at this very moment im getting mass flash backs of my whole life! its surreal....its like a nostalgia overload!

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine View Post
    Smells do this to me.
    Me too, as well as music and such... It's a very weird experience when something like this happens. Almost surreal.

Yeah, it happens to me. When I saw one of those cylinder things that phases between different colours and has water bubbling through it (basically like a really tall lava lamp with water) it reminded me of my nursery where they had loads of them and I was so fascinated by them. I was also reminded lately (perhaps by that) of a room in my nursery where there are loads of different coloured lights and cushiony platforms you can jump on.

What's weird to me is that I can remember almost the exact geometry of that place that I saw about... well, fifteen years ago? I personally find that odd. How does the mind store information about shape so well when you don't even pay attention to these things?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I have a ton of memory triggers. They're usually music or smells.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?