Thread: Teenage Boy is stalked by Power Rangers...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle Teenage Boy is stalked by Power Rangers...

All right, about a year ago, my friend found this interesting web video, it's in Japanese but had subtitles and was funnier than hell. I need to find it again cause it was awsome and deserves to be shared.

The short was about a Japanese teenager who is going about his life though he is completely directionless and has never made much of an impact on others. One night, coming home from McDonalds, he is attacked by some Power Ranger knockoffs who claim he is an evil galactic alien with a massive army planning on conquering the world. He fights them off (in the funniest PR spoof ever) and continues being attacked at random by these Power Ranger knock offs. In the end, he is actually recruited and made leader of said galactic invaders.

I hope that was enough to go on. I can't find it any where and my friend can't remember where he even found it. We've both been looking for it for a year now and I need some help. Pretty Please...

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

First off, sorry for the double post, but a friend on another forum was able to find it finally. So now I am going to share it with you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYGPfE2AFmg&eurl=

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Not every color-coded group of costumed heroes is a "Power Rangers knockoff." Far from it, in fact.

The concept, referred to as "sentai," is believed to have originated with <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatchaman">Gatchaman</a> in 1972, and it spread from there until it became firmly instilled in Japanese pop culture. This was largely facilitated by the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Sentai">Super Sentai</a> franchise, which began in 1975 and continues to produce new shows to this day. What we know as "Power Rangers" is actually the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyouryuu_Sentai_Zyuranger">sixteenth entry</a> in the Super Sentai series, which didn't come about until 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi View Post
    Not every color-coded group of costumed heroes is a "Power Rangers knockoff." Far from it, in fact.

The concept, referred to as "sentai," is believed to have originated with Gatchaman in 1972, and it spread from there until it became firmly instilled in Japanese pop culture. This was largely facilitated by the Super Sentai franchise, which began in 1975 and continues to produce new shows to this day. What we know as "Power Rangers" is actually the sixteenth entry in the Super Sentai series, which didn't come about until 1992.
    .....yeah i know i was just reading wikipoedia right now.

Blog Entries

It's so cute

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Can somebody explain what happened in the end? I got confused
    This is a signature.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by blitz_king10 View Post
    Can somebody explain what happened in the end? I got confused:confused:
    An evil group of people in funny masks want him to be their leader. The first thing they do is go party!

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    An evil group of people in funny masks want him to be their leader. The first thing they do is go party!
    Now that I think about it , that makes perfect sense.
    This is a signature.

That was hilarious! XD
    A coward dies a thousand deaths. A soldier only dies ONCE

Guess who's back....back chaos_ghost's Avatar

Yeah it was more of a Sentai parody than a Power Rangers parody. Still funny though.

Thanks to Owen McWare for the sig. This sig is staying up forever no matter what.