Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: could this be the best final fantasy?

by far the worse FF game in history, the battle system doesn't let you take in control because of the gambit system and the storyline is just pure lame and boring. The only people who like this game are new comer FF fans!.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima_Weapon View Post
    by far the worse FF game in history, the battle system doesn't let you take in control because of the gambit system and the storyline is just pure lame and boring. The only people who like this game are new comer FF fans!.
    My gambits consist of the following.

Any Ally HP <40% Curaga
    Any Ally HP <20% Curaja
    Foe Flying Telekensis(or whatever)
    Foe Party Leader's target Attack

That is it and my party leader has no gambits. Everything else I choose. You don't even need to play with the gambits if you don't really want to. It give you as much control as you want to have.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I think the point is that the majority of encounters are so simple that you can have your gambits do them for you.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post

Any Ally HP <40% Curaga
    Any Ally HP <20% Curaja

That is it and my party leader has no gambits. Everything else I choose. You don't even need to play with the gambits if you don't really want to. It give you as much control as you want to have.
    A couple more:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=98220
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post

Any Ally HP <40% Curaga
    Any Ally HP <20% Curaja

A couple more:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=98220
    I am actually using this complex gambit system right now to level the smurf up in the StillShrine. There is a rare enemy that summons gausts...forever. I am at level 70 and rising. I am at work right now and the system is on at home doing all the work for me right now GO GAMBITS!

Too Bad gausts only give about 300 exp per kill making the process very long.

As to the other thing. My point is that gambits only take as much control away as you let it have. You could do the whole game without ever using a gambit if you wanted to.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I am actually using this complex gambit system right now to level the smurf up in the StillShrine. There is a rare enemy that summons gausts...forever. I am at level 70 and rising. I am at work right now and the system is on at home doing all the work for me right now GO GAMBITS!

As to the other thing. My point is that gambits only take as much control away as you let it have. You could do the whole game without ever using a gambit if you wanted to.
    Ooooo!

Is that when you touch the first switch without the Dawn Shard and it raises 3 skeletons ? I did that to chain 200 skeletons, then got bored

It also gives you good loot. 200 x 200 gil for bone fragments = Ka-ching!

Says the FFVII guy with a pic of Barret and the name 'Ultima_Weapon'. Yeah, I kinda' figured you'd hate this game. BTW, Sephiroth is a girl.

Some demons are best left in your imagination where they can harm only you.

Ooooo!

Is that when you touch the first switch without the Dawn Shard and it raises 3 skeletons ? I did that to chain 200 skeletons, then got bored

It also gives you good loot. 200 x 200 gil for bone fragments = Ka-ching!
    Nope. There is an FAQ on gamefaqs.com about this. It is something autoleveling guide. The monster that summons is a rare spawning monster which is part of the 80 rare monster hunts. Recommended level to do this is 35 at least according to the guide but I would say you have to come back to do the trick due to weapon and armor strength being a bit low the first time you go there in the game(the second time would be to do this awesome trick)

i love this game and am in no way a newcomer in final fantasy i was about 6 years old when i played my first FF and am now 19. this game actually should appeal to the veterans of the final fantasy series. more towards the FFVI crowd. its got a lot of old age way of acting and scenary yet mixed with hightech ways of transportation.

also as far as the storyline it seems to be for the more intelligent crowd no effence to anyone. but if i was young and playing this game i coudlnt imagine likeing the story. but since im older and know a good deal more as far as government and polotics which is what this game revolves aroundm, it makes the story incredibly interesting. its nice to see a change from a love story to a political story.

by the way you cna turn off the gambits if you want.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    ... as far as the storyline it seems to be for the more intelligent crowd no effence to anyone. but if i was young and playing this game i coudlnt imagine likeing the story. but since im older and know a good deal more as far as government and polotics which is what this game revolves aroundm, it makes the story incredibly interesting. its nice to see a change from a love story to a political story.
    Well, as part of the "more intelligent" crowd I can tell you that the political intrigue in XII is like vanilla: way over used and done much more flavorful elsewhere.

When you get a bit older you will realize that this kind of political intrigue has been written hundreds, if not thousands of times and by much better authors such as Alexandre Dumas, Shakespeare and others. Heck even in real life and more recently we have better: Lawrence of Arabia's story is much better. Hopefully you will read them one day, since you like the theme. I myself don't dislike it, but I am a bit tired of it, because we're living it in Iraq and we are the Archadians, not the good guys. And our "Lord Vayne" isn't nearly as smart but just as insane as the XII one

also as far as the storyline it seems to be for the more intelligent crowd no effence to anyone.

I thought the story was rather simple, actually; the main objective is constant for most of the game, and all this political stuff is just window dressing.

It's your opinion, but i have to disagree.

I dont use gambits but to the slightest. (meaning i have ONE gambit that says attack party leader's target...i put that on my other two active party members.) Anything done other than simple attacks... I DECIDE MYSELF!!!

Storyline was incredible to me... much more complex than just "save the world"... It followed the typical FF storyline though... find crystal.... it's extremely powerful....bad guys want it to rule the world.... BUT, to a better degree and intricateness. (is that a word?)

ANYWAYS! It is probably my second or third favorite... (FF6, and FF8 i loved.....)

But for the time being, i can't play anything else, or stop thinking bout playing it again... Got me more addicted then EverQuest did. And I think that is what i love so much, it feels alot like an MMORPG, while keeping its RPGness. (I KNOW that isn't a word.)

My 2 cents.

Pink Grin

... as far as the storyline it seems to be for the more intelligent crowd no effence to anyone. but if i was young and playing this game i coudlnt imagine likeing the story. but since im older and know a good deal more as far as government and polotics which is what this game revolves aroundm, it makes the story incredibly interesting. its nice to see a change from a love story to a political story.
    Well, as part of the "more intelligent" crowd I can tell you that the political intrigue in XII is like vanilla: way over used and done much more flavorful elsewhere.

When you get a bit older you will realize that this kind of political intrigue has been written hundreds, if not thousands of times and by much better authors such as Alexandre Dumas, Shakespeare and others. Heck even in real life and more recently we have better: Lawrence of Arabia's story is much better. Hopefully you will read them one day, since you like the theme. I myself don't dislike it, but I am a bit tired of it, because we're living it in Iraq and we are the Archadians, not the good guys. And our "Lord Vayne" isn't nearly as smart but just as insane as the XII one
    ok i know the objective in the game is always the same basically stop the empire stop vayne. and i know that when it comes to books and maybe some video games i have not yet played that polotics are done to death in them. but i mean as far as final fantasies. i mean tactics was quite political but anyway... i dont really like to read books i get bored easily even though i know theres a lot of reading in videogames its not the same to me.

final fantasy XII is actually a more complexed pollitcal story then people may realize. the way vaan and everyone talks in the game makes it sound like a dalmasca vs archadia war. but thats not really ther case at that point in the game. its a rozarrian/resistance group vs archadian even though rozzarian empire isn't brought up much (thats from where i am at in the game im at ancient city giruvegan). theres a lot of confusion with ondore and whose side hes on at times. theres the betrayal in the archadians, two sons with different objectives, vossler and his side on the matters at hand. the senate and there pollitical stand on things. the judges and whats happening with them. im trying not to give any spoilers.

anyways if oyu look at every aspect of the pollitics in the game then its interesting and kinda complex. if you look at it in the sense that well all in all its about takeing down vayne then i can see why people woiuld think the story isnt complex or even that interesting.

by the way i in no way consider myself of high intelligents so dont think i was trying to put myself above anyone anyone whose been on fire as many times as me by there own actions is in no way smart i just dont think a younger crowd would like this game is all cause i dont think i would if i was a lot younger then i am now.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

my FF amvs

The main plot isn't as much about (SPOILER)stopping the empire as it is about restoring Ashe to the throne, even though there is a lot of overlap between those two goals. I think the distinction is that the 'bad guys' are not that really antagonistic, but rather misguided, even though you could make the case that they are the ones on the right side. Rozarria is really only a bit player, and its leader, Al Cid, is played mostly for comic relief. You never get the sense that Dalmasca is caught in the middle of two empires, so that drains some of the tension out of the games final scenes.

The weird part about the last moments of FFXII is that they are set up as personal battles, even though the plot, up to that point, has more of a big picture emphasis. I understand why they had to give evil a face, but I would have liked to have seen them work on setting that up more throughout the plot.

There are a couple of scenes which hint at political behind the scenes stuff ((SPOILER)such as the excellant scene where we find out Vayne has poised his father, and Gabranth is forced to kill Drace), but it never becomes the main focus of the storyline, in my opinion.

one thing ive come to notice with the game is that there really isnt a lot of dialogue which leads to very little character development. and i think the reason behind this is because most of the time everyone is talking about there past which is kinda a part of the story. so that could be the explanation for the little character development. my point in all this is that i dont think the game was made with intentions of ongoing character development throughout the story. i think the story is written to make you think of how there lives were and how they ended up where they are. so in a sense there is character development but you never witness it.
    lynx

my FF amvs